Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giorgos Alexopoulos View Post
    hi guys..i know it too early..but..
    do you have any informations about the all-stars that will play at the olympics?
    Nothing yet. Next month, there will be a USA Vegas camp that will pit USA Blue vs. USA White as a mini-workout for Rio.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• USA Basketball just added Jimmy Butler, Mike Conley, Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, and Trey Burke to the player pool for the 2016 Olympics. There are now 41 players in the pool (see below). I am sure USA Basketball will add more names to the pool next year based on player performances during the upcoming season.

USA Basketball is casting a wide net for candidates for its 2016 Olympic team, handing out a slew of invites to new players for an upcoming minicamp in Las Vegas, according to league sources.

Per the article, attendance at the upcoming 3 day August minicamp is mandatory for invited players if they are interested in securing a spot on the 12 man roster for the 2016 Olympics.

C - Dwight Howard, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Mason Plumlee, Tyson Chandler
      PF - Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Draymond Green, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Millsap, David Lee
      SF - Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Rudy Gay, Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris
      SG - James Harden, Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, Jimmy Butler, DeMar DeRozan, Victor Oladipo, Andre Igoudala, Kyle Korver
      PG - Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, John Wall, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Mike Conley, Trey Burke

Comment

• These are my odds for each of these players making the team...

LONG SHOT
        *Paul Millsap
        *Kyle Korver
        *Trey Burke
        *David Lee
        *Tobias Harris

OUTSIDE CHANCE
        *Bradley Beal
        *Chandler Parsons
        *Harrison Barnes
        *Derrick Rose
        *Andre Drummond
        *Victor Oladipo
        *Tyson Chandler
        *Deron Williams

ON-THE-FENCE
        *Mason Plumlee
        *Dwight Howard
        *Damian Lillard
        *John Wall
        *DeMar DeRozan
        *Paul George
        *Rudy Gay
        *Gordon Hayward

GOOD CHANCE
        *Chris Paul
        *Mike Conley
        *Demarcus Cousins
        *Kenneth Faried
        *Kevin Love
        *Blake Griffin
        *Draymond Green
        *LaMarcus Aldridge
        *Carmelo Anthony
        *Kawhi Leonard
        *Klay Thompson
        *Jimmy Butler
        *Andre Igoudala

LOCKS (without health issues)
        *Anthony Davis
        *LeBron James
        *Kevin Durant
        *Stephen Curry
        *James Harden
        *Kyrie Irving
        *Russell Westbrook
        Last edited by Federoy; 07-16-2015, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
          These are my odds for each of these players making the team...

LONG SHOT
          *Paul Millsap
          *Kyle
          *Trey Burke
          *David Lee
          *Tobias Harris

OUTSIDE CHANCE
          *Bradley Beal
          *Chandler Parsons
          *Harrison Barnes
          *Derrick Rose
          *Andre Drummond
          *Victor Oladipo
          *Tyson Chandler
          *Deron Williams

ON-THE-FENCE
          *Mason Plumlee
          *Dwight Howard
          *Damian Lillard
          *John Wall
          *DeMar DeRozan
          *Paul George
          *Rudy Gay
          *Gordon Hayward

GOOD CHANCE
          *Chris Paul
          *Mike Conley
          *Demarcus Cousins
          *Kenneth Faried
          *Kevin Love
          *Blake Griffin
          *Draymond Green
          *LaMarcus Aldridge
          *Carmelo Anthony
          *Kawhi Leonard
          *Klay Thompson
          *Jimmy Butler
          *Andre Igoudala

LOCKS (without health issues)
          *Anthony Davis
          *LeBron James
          *Kevin Durant
          *Stephen Curry
          *James Harden
          *Kyrie Irving
          *Russell Westbrook
          Nice job putting this list together. I agree with all your locks and would add Chris Paul too that list.
          I think there are not enough roster spots for deserving guys like Iguodala and Butler so I would move them to the on the fence category. I disagree with Deron Willians and Mason Plumlee and would put them on the no shot in hell list. Gordon Hayward has still a lot to prove so I would put him on the fence as well as Conley due to the strength of the position. Rudy Gay will also have a difficult time because of his loaded position. And then we come to Derrick Rose who I agree is on the fence but that's only because coach K has some mysterious loyalty to him that I can't figure out. He was a horrible in Spain and not much better in Turkey.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
            Nice job putting this list together. I agree with all your locks and would add Chris Paul too that list.
            I think there are not enough roster spots for deserving guys like Iguodala and Butler so I would move them to the on the fence category. I disagree with Deron Willians and Mason Plumlee and would put them on the no shot in hell list. Gordon Hayward has still a lot to prove so I would put him on the fence as well as Conley due to the strength of the position. Rudy Gay will also have a difficult time because of his loaded position. And then we come to Derrick Rose who I agree is on the fence but that's only because coach K has some mysterious loyalty to him that I can't figure out. He was a horrible in Spain and not much better in Turkey.
            Thanks bro. We've had some disagreements in the past, but I don't take it personally. It's all apart of healthy debate.

I disagree with Deron Williams and Mason Plumlee and would put them on the no shot in hell list

Deron Williams still has the physical tools to contribute, but he doesn't have love for the game anymore. I think he's burned out and will never regain the competitiveness he once had, so it's a no. As for Plumlee, he does have size, but more importantly, he's active on the boards and is an excellent defender. Unfortunately for him, there are too many other players ahead of him that offer the same qualities and more, so barring several injuries or withdrawals, he's highly unlikely to make the team.

Gordon Hayward has still a lot to prove so I would put him on the fence as well as Conley due to the strength of the position

We agree on Hayward, but with Conley, I really believe he's one of the most underrated PGs in the league. He gives you size. His decision-making is sound. He has a decent shooting percentage, and he's a real gamer (remember him suiting up in the play-offs last year with a broken face?) You gotta figure Curry, Irving and Westbrook are no brainers to make the team, which leaves Paul and Conley probably fighting it out for that last PG spot. A healthy Paul most likely gets it, but don't be surprised if Conley makes cutting him difficult for Coach K and his staff.

Comment

• I'd go for Conley over Paul. You need size in FIBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                Thanks bro. We've had some disagreements in the past, but I don't take it personally. It's all apart of healthy debate.

I disagree with Deron Williams and Mason Plumlee and would put them on the no shot in hell list

Deron Williams still has the physical tools to contribute, but he doesn't have love for the game anymore. I think he's burned out and will never regain the competitiveness he once had, so it's a no. As for Plumlee, he does have size, but more importantly, he's active on the boards and is an excellent defender. Unfortunately for him, there are too many other players ahead of him that offer the same qualities and more, so barring several injuries or withdrawals, he's highly unlikely to make the team.

Gordon Hayward has still a lot to prove so I would put him on the fence as well as Conley due to the strength of the position

We agree on Hayward, but with Conley, I really believe he's one of the most underrated PGs in the league. He gives you size. His decision-making is sound. He has a decent shooting percentage, and he's a real gamer (remember him suiting up in the play-offs last year with a broken face?) You gotta figure Curry, Irving and Westbrook are no brainers to make the team, which leaves Paul and Conley probably fighting it out for that last PG spot. A healthy Paul most likely gets it, but don't be surprised if Conley makes cutting him difficult for Coach K and his staff.
                As Bomani Jones put it(I Think) way too many people think Conley is underrated for him to be underrated because at a certain point when the masses continue to call you underrated they are in fact giving you a large amount of praise. He's not underrated. He's just not talked about as much as other PG.

Comment

• do you know if all the players will be at the mini camp august?what about george?

Comment

do you know if all the players will be at the mini camp august?what about george?
                    Though recovering from shoulder surgery, Cavaliers forward Kevin Love will attend August's USA Basketball minicamp to make himself available for the 2016 Olympics, according to league sources.

This article has a good summary of who has confirmed so far that they will attend the mini camp. George sounds like he will be there. The only person so far who does not sound like he will be at the mini camp is Damian Lillard.

Comment

• and do you know if james,aldridge,westbrook,howard will be there?thank you

Comment

and do you know if james,aldridge,westbrook,howard will be there?thank you
                        Haven't heard anything regarding these players yet. I'm sure we'll hear more in the next few days.

Comment

• Lillard appears to not be going. Felling slighted after last summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy7984 View Post
                            USA Basketball just added Jimmy Butler, Mike Conley, Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, and Trey Burke to the player pool for the 2016 Olympics. There are now 41 players in the pool (see below). I am sure USA Basketball will add more names to the pool next year based on player performances during the upcoming season.

USA Basketball is casting a wide net for candidates for its 2016 Olympic team, handing out a slew of invites to new players for an upcoming minicamp in Las Vegas, according to league sources.

Per the article, attendance at the upcoming 3 day August minicamp is mandatory for invited players if they are interested in securing a spot on the 12 man roster for the 2016 Olympics.

C - Dwight Howard, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Mason Plumlee, Tyson Chandler
                            PF - Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Draymond Green, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Millsap, David Lee
                            SF - Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Rudy Gay, Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris
                            SG - James Harden, Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, Jimmy Butler, DeMar DeRozan, Victor Oladipo, Andre Igoudala, Kyle Korver
                            PG - Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, John Wall, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Mike Conley, Trey Burke

34 players confirmed for the mini camp next week. Of the 41 players previously in the player pool, 9 are not attending (Tyson Chandler, Paul Millsap, David Lee, Kyle Korver, Damian Lillard, Derrick Rose, Trey Burke, Andre Igoudala, Deron Williams). 2 new players in the pool (DeAndre Jordan, Michael Carter-Williams)

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information