Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Greek NT

Hi All,

Just in regards to the next Greek national team basketball coach when is that going to be announced?

Any recent rumours on who the new coach might be?

Zouros has been fired. The new coach will be announced at new year's day. He will work part time for the NT since all potential candidates have contracts with club teams already and this will also lower the economic burden of the federation.
    Last edited by fasoulaki; 11-20-2012, 04:21 PM.
    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
      http://www.superbasket.gr/permalink/171642.html

Zouros has been fired. The new coach will be announced at new year's day. He will work part time for the NT since all potential candidates have contracts with club teams already and this will also lower the economic burden of the federation.
      So, no Obradovic or Itoudis.
      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Itoudis is not speaking to Spanoulis, so i guess this makes it VERY difficult

Comment

Cantù's coach, Andrea Trinchieri, to coach Greece for the next 2 years... agreement almost done.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxicity View Post
            Cantù's coach, Andrea Trinchieri, to coach Greece for the next 2 years... agreement almost done.
            Thats the end of the world as we know it!

Comment

Thats the end of the world as we know it!
              Why?

I think Trinchieri will surprise a lot of people as he's a rising coach in all Europe... he just needs some time to create the right system and build chemistry in the team.

I hope he'll do fine... but right after the game against Italy...

Comment

Why?
                I think Trinchieri will surprise a lot of people as he's a rising coach in all Europe... he just needs some time to create the right system and build chemistry in the team.
                I hope he'll do fine... but right after the game against Italy...
                It might be that Trincheri is a very competent coach but he has zero experience on national team level.
                The greek national team on the other hand has a heavy tradition and the fact that this team has to be coached by a "noname" is one more proof for the descent of everything in Greece.

Comment

It might be that Trincheri is a very competent coach but he has zero experience on national team level.
                  The greek national team on the other hand has a heavy tradition and the fact that this team has to be coached by a "noname" is one more proof for the descent of everything in Greece.
                  Well, obviously Greek Federation hadn't much money to try to bring a top level class and known coach... but, again, it's not always the name that makes a coach able or unable... BTW Andrea has shown something in the last three years (both in italian and euro league) with limited budget and i think he may become a top level euro coach in the future...

Comment

BTW Andrea has shown something in the last three years (both in italian and euro league) with limited budget and i think he may become a top level euro coach in the future...
                    I think "something" is not enough! I doubt that he will be succesful. On the contrary I think that Greece will hit rock bottom this year and that Greece will not survive the group phase in the EC.

Comment

I think "something" is not enough! I doubt that he will be succesful. On the contrary I think that Greece will hit rock bottom this year and that Greece will not survive the group phase in the EC.
                      Anything is possible, but I think you have to be more open minded here. Roster wise Greece has an excellent squad. I have a hard time trying to detect a weakness. I would say that Greece is a bit inexperienced if players like Mantzaris or Sloukas will join. IMO they should mature more before playing for the NT, regardless of how good they are performing.
                      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                        Anything is possible, but I think you have to be more open minded here. Roster wise Greece has an excellent squad. I have a hard time trying to detect a weakness. I would say that Greece is a bit inexperienced if players like Mantzaris or Sloukas will join. IMO they should mature more before playing for the NT, regardless of how good they are performing.
                        The reasoning behind my statement is that it has still to be proven that the NT respects and obeys a foreign coach. Actually to be more precise it has to be proven that the NT will respect any coach other than Giannakis. Even Giannakis was not always respected as NT coach by some players. I remember Papadopoulos behavior in the bronze medal game in the EC 2007. In the OQT Zouros was not able to convince Spanoulis and Printezis of the necessity to play defense and he could not help Bouroussis to focus on the team strategy. I do not question Coach T's competence but I question the mentality of the greek players. They will not respect a noname. And as a result they will fail.

Comment

The reasoning behind my statement is that it has still to be proven that the NT respects and obeys a foreign coach. Actually to be more precise it has to be proven that the NT will respect any coach other than Giannakis. Even Giannakis was not always respected as NT coach by some players. I remember Papadopoulos behavior in the bronze medal game in the EC 2007. In the OQT Zouros was not able to convince Spanoulis and Printezis of the necessity to play defense and he could not help Bouroussis to focus on the team strategy. I do not question Coach T's competence but I question the mentality of the greek players. They will not respect a noname. And as a result they will fail.
                          So if that's the problem, maybe you should have signed Obradovic and few else... but without a decent budget i guess it's not possible...

Comment

And Zouros was a big name? What was his experience on NTs?

Comment

Vote for the great Nikos Galis into the Basketball Hall of Fame

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/ball...ame-ballot#top

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information