• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedish league

DAY 1

Norrköping Dolphins-Södertälje Kings 90-98
    (22-17, 17-29, 25-16, 26-36)

Poäng Norrköping: Jeffrey Viggiano 34, Pawel Mroz 19 - good game for Polish center , David Bergström 13, Andrew Pleick 10, Derek Stribling 8, Paul Burke 3, Dariusz Lewandowski 2, Joakim Åström 1.
    Södertälje: Scott Hazelton 32, Jonathan Skjöldebrand 32, Johan Jeansson 16, Alexander Wikner-Nordberg 9, Ludwig Degernäs 3.

08 Stockholm-Jämtland 84-80 (24-22, 20-20, 23-20, 17-18)
    08: Mikael Lindquist 19, Diamantis Koukouvinos 16, Thomas Massamba 11, Joakim Blom 10, Manny Dies 9, Viktor Bengtsson 7, Vilius Sumskis 7, Mattias Göransson 5.
    Jämtland: Orlando Lightfoot 24, Boakai Lalugna 22, Reda Bentebra 10, Adnan Chuk 8, Srdan Subotic 8, Anton Säwström 3, Stefan Hellgren 3, Erik Westin 2.

Akropol BBK - Sundsvall Dragons 67 -79
    Gothia Basket - Öresundskraft 104 -97
    Plannja Basket - Solna Vikings 85 - 93
    Ockelbo BBK - Sallén Basket 85 - 97

Billy maybe any stats from games Does Swedish league has official site

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
    DAY 1

Norrköping Dolphins-Södertälje Kings 90-98
    (22-17, 17-29, 25-16, 26-36)

Poäng Norrköping: Jeffrey Viggiano 34, Pawel Mroz 19 - good game for Polish center , David Bergström 13, Andrew Pleick 10, Derek Stribling 8, Paul Burke 3, Dariusz Lewandowski 2, Joakim Åström 1.
    Södertälje: Scott Hazelton 32, Jonathan Skjöldebrand 32, Johan Jeansson 16, Alexander Wikner-Nordberg 9, Ludwig Degernäs 3.

08 Stockholm-Jämtland 84-80 (24-22, 20-20, 23-20, 17-18)
    08: Mikael Lindquist 19, Diamantis Koukouvinos 16, Thomas Massamba 11, Joakim Blom 10, Manny Dies 9, Viktor Bengtsson 7, Vilius Sumskis 7, Mattias Göransson 5.
    Jämtland: Orlando Lightfoot 24, Boakai Lalugna 22, Reda Bentebra 10, Adnan Chuk 8, Srdan Subotic 8, Anton Säwström 3, Stefan Hellgren 3, Erik Westin 2.

Akropol BBK - Sundsvall Dragons 67 -79
    Gothia Basket - Öresundskraft 104 -97
    Plannja Basket - Solna Vikings 85 - 93
    Ockelbo BBK - Sallén Basket 85 - 97

Billy maybe any stats from games Does Swedish league has official site
    The new site is under construction and when you try to open the adress it brings you to the federations homepage, you can find the part containing the information about OBL at http://www.basket.se/Table.asp?TournamentId=41490

There is no stats up as far as I can see on the OBL.com website but it should not last much longer. The Swedish federations page contains game statistics but no accumulated stats from previous games.
    Big Dane Chris Christoffersson cracked his kneecap (again) and is out for six months minimum and your man Lewandowski tore some ligament in his knee so he is expected to be out for atleast three months.
    Interesting enough, this could turn out to be Norrköpings great fortune as Lewandowski looks set to extend his contract with Norrköping with no better suitors around. With Szalay+Lewandowski, an improving Mroz and Pleick in better form they could be very hard to deal with come playoff.

I would not get my hopes up for FIBA cup though, they have just had too many injuries in preseason to be competitivejust yet.
    Viggiano however, is class and should be a very good player for Roma when he gets his Italian passport.
    Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

It's nice to see Frier doing very well in Sweden.

game1 - 22pts, 6rebs, 7ast
      game2 - 25pts, 4rebs, 4ast
      game3 - 29pts, 6rebs, 4ast

He was great in Estonia. Superclutch. Excellent defender and athlete, good shooter. Too bad Kalev let him go. And good news for Ockelbo fans is that he usually gets to best shape when important games come.
      Little video from Estonian finals:

Comment

Originally posted by Endym
        It's nice to see Frier doing very well in Sweden.

game1 - 22pts, 6rebs, 7ast
        game2 - 25pts, 4rebs, 4ast
        game3 - 29pts, 6rebs, 4ast

He was great in Estonia. Superclutch. Excellent defender and athlete, good shooter. Too bad Kalev let him go. And good news for Ockelbo fans is that he usually gets to best shape when important games come.
        Little video from Estonian finals:

http://rapidshare.com/files/994825/koss.avi.html
        Thanks for the info, I have not had a chance to see him play yet but hopefully I will soon. Great link.

On another note, I had a chance to see Jerome Coleman play against Plannja some time ago. I received some not so flattering info before the game so I did not really expect a whole lot but Jerome played very well.
        He took the open shot, did not force anything and played some impressive defence. He spent the majority of the time on the court as a shooting guard and did not really have to make any playmaking decisions, perhaps that is how he can be best utilized?

Anyway, the OBL is on its way and one can already start to see who the struggling teams will be. Ockelbo will have to somehow overcome their shortcomings in the paint to climb out of the whole. In the last game against the tall Sundsvall team they lost the rebounding battle 31-50 and the game 50-80.
        Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

When Coleman played in Estonia, he was always used as SG. Don't remember his game, but i remember that he was dissapointment here.

I was impressed with James Williams, who played last season both in Sweden and Estonia. Like that video clip shows, he can jump. Sick athlete + super bulky, and that is dangerous combination. Sick dunks. Kalev tried to resign him but went to China (and took 7 times payrise, he deserves it).

I like him and Frier. Like one local coach perfectly says, no need to bash players who play in leagues like Estonia or Sweden. Everyone has their faults, otherwise they would play in Euroleague or NBA. You get what you pay, and you can't get better player than Frier for ~2000$ per month.

Comment

When Coleman played in Estonia, he was always used as SG. Don't remember his game, but i remember that he was dissapointment here.

I was impressed with James Williams, who played last season both in Sweden and Estonia. Like that video clip shows, he can jump. Sick athlete + super bulky, and that is dangerous combination. Sick dunks. Kalev tried to resign him but went to China (and took 7 times payrise, he deserves it).
            I never watched Williams play but most everyone thought he was an ok guard.

I like him and Frier. Like one local coach perfectly says, no need to bash players who play in leagues like Estonia or Sweden. Everyone has their faults, otherwise they would play in Euroleague or NBA. You get what you pay, and you can't get better player than Frier for ~2000$ per month.
            You are right about the level, its ok and sometimes you find a gem. Lord knows Sweden has had a fair load of players who should have ended up at a greater stage but for one reason or another didnt -Brent Wright, Gregg Graham and Michael Richardsson immediately comes to mind as do Martin Muursepp who started his pro career in Sweden.

As for Frier, I dont know what he makes at the moment (I can tell you next year, tax records are public information here)but he was signed quite early in the offseason so I suspect he makes a fair bit more than 2000 USD a month.

Comment

Basketball Camp & Clinics, Malmö, Sweden, 29 July -12 August 2011

Basketball Camp & Clinics, Malmö, Sweden, 29 July -12 August 2011 www.ready4sport.se PS! NBA & WNBA scouts will be there

Comment

Johan Akesson joins 08 Stockholm - Jul 18, 2011 (by Eurobasket News)

Johan Akesson (210-C-84, agency: Warren Sports International) is a new member of 08 Stockholm. The Swedish big guy penned a one-year deal with his new club. Akesson arrives to Stockholm from LF Basket, where he spent 2010/11. He appeared 43 times in Basketligan averaging 8.8 points and 5.3 rebounds. He helped them reach the Playoff Semifinals. Before LF Basket, Johan Akesson spent one season with Plannja Basket Lulea. He played 29 games for them registering 11.3 ppg and 7.5 rpg. He got injured in February of 2010 and missed rest of the season. In the past, Akesson was a member of Helsingborg and Sodertalje. He played for the Swedish National Team from 2003 to 2006 and later in 2009 and 2010. In the past, Akesson also played for U20 and U18 Sweden.
                Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

is it correct, that the swedish second league team WHITE EAGLES STOCKHOLM will play the Baltic League Challenge cup?

Comment

Originally posted by tmlouk View Post
                    is it correct, that the swedish second league team WHITE EAGLES STOCKHOLM will play the Baltic League Challenge cup?
                    There were rumors and even talks like that but that team isn't invited to play in BBL Challenge Cup. I quote part of article about invited teams:

Kvietimus gavo keturios Lietuvos komandos – Vilniaus „Sakalai“, Palangos „Naglis“, Panevėžio „Techasas“, Klaipėdos „Neptūnas“, trys latvių – Valmieros „Valmiera“, Jelgavos Zemgale, Rygos „Turiba“, trys Estijos – Talino „TT/Kalev“, Rakverės „Tarvas“, Raplos „Rapla“ ir viena Kalaningrado bei Kazachstano (Astyrau „Barsy“).
                    By the way, that Sweden team should have been promoted to top division of Sweden basketball. As I see in eurobasket.com (can be wrong), they're not.

To put it in short - probably they won't participate in it.
                    I'm on twitter

Comment

Norrkoping Dolphins are Basketligan champions for season 2011/12

Finals, Game 6: Sodertalje - Norrkoping 71-72 (2-4)

Sixth game of the Basketligan Finals ended few minutes ago. Norrkoping Dolphins grabbed 71-72 road victory against Sodertalje Kings closing the series with 4-2. It means that Norrkoping won the Basketligan title for this season. They were champions also two years ago (season 2009/10). The guests took control from the first minutes by winning first half. But Sodertalje Kings won third quarter 27-19. However it was not enough to take a lead and get a victory that evening. The game was decided in the last minutes when Norrkoping Dolphins won last quarter 16-17. It was a good game for American guard Andrew Mitchell (181-79, college: Kent St.) who saved his team from a defeat with 20 points and 5 assists. Latvian point guard Edgard Jeromanovs (186-86) contributed with 9 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists for the winners. Lithuanian forward Mantas Griskenas (200-85, college: Wichita St.) replied with 18 points and American center Kenneth Simms (203-86, college: Cumberland, agency: JEMsports) added 12 points and 9 rebounds in the effort for Sodertalje Kings. Four Sodertalje Kings players scored in double figures. Norrkoping Dolphins were the regular season champs with 23-13 record. They eliminated 08 Stockholm in the Quarterfinals with 3-1. Later in the Semis, the Dolphins had to work very hard against Boras. It was a 3-2 win for the Norrkoping team.

Sodertalje: M.Griskenas 18+4reb, K.Simms 12+9reb+1ast, J.Smith 11+4reb+4ast, A.Chuk 10+1reb+4ast, D.Pita 9+2reb+1ast, M.Joseph 6+2reb+1ast
                      Norrkoping: A.Mitchell 20+3reb+5ast, F.Drains 12+2reb, E.Jeromanovs 9+5reb+4ast, M.Lindquist 7+5reb+1ast, R.Hanke 6+2reb, M.Ringstrom 6+3reb+1ast
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information