No announcement yet.

Domantas Sabonis thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont like that his playing time is going down.

Comment

• Another poster by Sabonis:
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

BTW, he expressed the wish to play for the NT this summer.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I always expect Saboniuks to play better, he never scored more than 20 points if i remembering correctly, also his shooting from three point line is far from ideal. So he dissapoint me in couple of respects this sezon. But he is young and developing, and anyway already better than Valanciunas at this point in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenWhite View Post
          I always expect Saboniuks to play better, he never scored more than 20 points if i remembering correctly, also his shooting from three point line is far from ideal. So he dissapoint me in couple of respects this sezon. But he is young and developing, and anyway already better than Valanciunas at this point in his career.
          In the NBA, Sabonis isn't better than Valanciunas when it comes to points, rebounds, steals, blocks, turnovers, and free throws. Don't just say one basketball player is better than another basketball player without comparing their statistics first.
          Last edited by Kapustelis; 12-24-2017, 05:42 AM.
          Proud to be a BC Vilniaus Rytas fan, a part of the LKL fan community, and a fan for the Lithuanian National Men's Basketball Team

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapustelis View Post
            In the NBA, Sabonis isn't better than Valanciunas when it comes to points, rebounds, steals, blocks, turnovers, and free throws. Don't just say one basketball player is better than another basketball player without comparing their statistics first.
            JV PER 36: 18,2pts, 13,1trb, 1,1bl, 1.1ast, 0.6stl.
            Damo PER 36: 17,7pts, 12.2trb, 0,6stl, 0,6bl, 3,1ast.

So their numbers are somewhat similar, other than Sabonis being clearly (it's like moon and sun, he's not even 3 times better, more like 10 times better and stat don't show that) better passer.

I think GreenWhite meant that he is better player overall, not stats wise. Domas is better defender, way higher IQ player, all-around center, better passer and much better fit to current BB where positions are kinda declining, whenever you're big or small you have to do a little bit of everything on the court.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              JV PER 36: 18,2pts, 13,1trb, 1,1bl, 1.1ast, 0.6stl.
              Damo PER 36: 17,7pts, 12.2trb, 0,6stl, 0,6bl, 3,1ast.

So their numbers are somewhat similar, other than Sabonis being clearly (it's like moon and sun, he's not even 3 times better, more like 10 times better and stat don't show that) better passer.

I think GreenWhite meant that he is better player overall, not stats wise. Domas is better defender, way higher IQ player, all-around center, better passer and much better fit to current BB where positions are kinda declining, whenever you're big or small you have to do a little bit of everything on the court.
              Good point there. The stats from the NBA say that Sabonis has more turnovers per game than Valanciunas, on the other hand. However, I'd give more credit to Sabonis than Valanciunas because I've noticed his capability of sharing the ball with other players.
              Proud to be a BC Vilniaus Rytas fan, a part of the LKL fan community, and a fan for the Lithuanian National Men's Basketball Team

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapustelis View Post
                Good point there. The stats from the NBA say that Sabonis has more turnovers per game than Valanciunas, on the other hand.
                Hardly - Valanciunas 1,7 to per game; Sabonis 2,0 to per game. At Sabonis age, when JV was double team in the post he usually would climb a tree or turnover the ball, while Sabonis hangs on and looks for open man. He is already wayy more intelligent than that clumsy oaf (sorry but his offensive game is so unrefined makes me gag to look at his soft touch shots over his defenders.)

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenWhite View Post
                  Hardly - Valanciunas 1,7 to per game; Sabonis 2,0 to per game. At Sabonis age, when JV was double team in the post he usually would climb a tree or turnover the ball, while Sabonis hangs on and looks for open man. He is already wayy more intelligent than that clumsy oaf (sorry but his offensive game is so unrefined makes me gag to look at his soft touch shots over his defenders.)
                  If I were you, I wouldn't insult a basketball player by his talents. Valanciunas can also share the ball, but he doesn't do that very often because he wants to score points too. There are times when he plays great, and there are times where he scores little points with small minutes on the court. Meanwhile, Sabonis sometimes has more minutes, but he doesn't score very much. However, he can rebound and share the ball easily. Separate strategies from different NBA coaches, if you know what I mean.

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

• "Clumsy oaf", "dumb" and a turnover machine...that's how one of the best posters on this section is describing our best players' game at the moment I'd expect such bollocks from some teenager or kid who has no clue about this game of basketball, but surely not from SF, who generally has a very good grasp about the game and the players. Nevermind the fact that JV is actually a starting center of one of the best teams in NBA at the moment, while Sabonis Jr is coming off the bench for mediocre Pacaers squad and gets his stats against the bench players of the opposing team too lol...if JV was on that Pacers squad, he would still be a starting center there, playing alongside Turner and Sabonis JR would still be coming off the bench. Now that is the thing that I know for sure lol

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                      "Clumsy oaf", "dumb" and a turnover machine...that's how one of the best posters on this section is describing our best players' game at the moment I'd expect such bollocks from some teenager or kid who has no clue about this game of basketball, but surely not from SF, who generally has a very good grasp about the game and the players. Nevermind the fact that JV is actually a starting center of one of the best teams in NBA at the moment, while Sabonis Jr is coming off the bench for mediocre Pacaers squad and gets his stats against the bench players of the opposing team too lol...if JV was on that Pacers squad, he would still be a starting center there, playing alongside Turner and Sabonis JR would still be coming off the bench. Now that is the thing that I know for sure lol
                      I never insulted JV, I still like him as a player, even if he disappointed me generally. Raptors plays a role here as well, but JV also is limited at some points. The call between him and Domas is close at the moment, but I give an edge to Domas because he makes others better, he is a facilitating center, you can call him a baby Marc Gasol or Jokic to get a better picture what I'm talking about. With JV you have particular limitations that you don't with Sabonis. Both are world class and I like them both, but I like Sabonis more.
                      Would JV start for Indiana? Maybe yes, maybe not. Turner's p'n'r defence is better than JV's, he's the best blocker in the league right now (and that's the main reason he starts over Domas who is not a defensive force yet). Turner has absolutely great jumper while JV mediocre at best. Besides, even Turner is better passer than JV. Yes, JV is much more dominant post player and overall better rebounder, but I doubt many people project JV as clearly better player than Turner, quite contrary I'm afraid.
                      Indiana is not a trash team and very often exactly Domas is finishing games.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I never insulted JV, I still like him as a player, even if he disappointed me generally. Raptors plays a role here as well, but JV also is limited at some points. The call between him and Domas is close at the moment, but I give an edge to Domas because he makes others better, he is a facilitating center, you can call him a baby Marc Gasol or Jokic to get a better picture what I'm talking about. With JV you have particular limitations that you don't with Sabonis. Both are world class and I like them both, but I like Sabonis more.
                        Would JV start for Indiana? Maybe yes, maybe not. Turner's p'n'r defence is better than JV's, he's the best blocker in the league right now (and that's the main reason he starts over Domas who is not a defensive force yet). Turner has absolutely great jumper while JV mediocre at best. Besides, even Turner is better passer than JV. Yes, JV is much more dominant post player and overall better rebounder, but I doubt many people project JV as clearly better player than Turner, quite contrary I'm afraid.
                        Indiana is not a trash team and very often exactly Domas is finishing games.
                        Indiana dearly needs some post presence and elite rebunding, which JV would provide in abundance, together with his scoring efficiency and post defense too. Those are the exact same skills that Sabonis JR and Turner are missing at the moment. Anyway, there is a reason why Toronto is soon to become the best team in the East and that's partly due to JV's input as well, which is inarguable. And I never said that Indiana is a trash team, those are your words, not mine lol - they are pretty much very mediocre, like their record suggests

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                          Indiana dearly needs some post presence and elite rebunding, which JV would provide in abundance, together with his scoring efficiency and post defense too. Those are the exact same skills that Sabonis JR and Turner are missing at the moment. Anyway, there is a reason why Toronto is soon to become the best team in the East and that's partly due to JV's input as well, which is inarguable. And I never said that Indiana is a trash team, those are your words, not mine lol - they are pretty much very mediocre, like their record suggests
                          So Sabonis according to you is a bad post player?
                          Last edited by Straight forward; 12-25-2017, 11:57 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

In my opinion, Sabonis isn't a bad post player, but it seems his minutes on court is decreasing. That reminds me of Donatas Motiejunas when he was in the NBA, playing in one or two quarters and then remaining on the bench for the remainder of the game. That is quite shocking in my perspective.

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

once again, I didn't say that - you are deliberately trying to put your own words into my mouth lol...
                              Kid has got some fancy moves in the post for sure, trying to do his best Hakeem Olajuwon impersonation I guess, but JV is just simply more effective post player due to his length and shooting touch. One more time - I've got nothing against this kid, as he seems to be a smart player and is willing to improve all the time. But you overhyping him to heavens just because he had a hot streak when Turner was out needs to be put into perspective as well...

Comment

• Here is Sabonis's stats against the Chicago Bulls from the 29th of December:

14 points, 9 rebounds (3 offensive rebounds and 6 defensive rebounds), 2 assists, 46.2% field goals (6/13), 100% free throws (2/2), 0% three-pointers (0/0), 0 steals, 3 blocks, 0 turnovers, and 1 personal foul in 28 minutes.

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information