Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Domantas Sabonis thread

The best 8 games NBA start ever from Lithuanian players. Domas putting up 20, 13, 4. Only Ilgauskas was close to that in in 2002 with 19,4ppg and 2004 with 19,5ppg, points wise. Both times Ilgauskas ended up as an all star. I believe Sabonis can more or less live up with thee numbers. Maybe his numbers will drop a little bit, but not much. One of the best bigs in NBA right now at 23yo. Knowing that he's a ripped hard worker, we can expect even more in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    The best 8 games NBA start ever from Lithuanian players. Domas putting up 20, 13, 4. Only Ilgauskas was close to that in in 2002 with 19,4ppg and 2004 with 19,5ppg, points wise. Both times Ilgauskas ended up as an all star. I believe Sabonis can more or less live up with thee numbers. Maybe his numbers will drop a little bit, but not much. One of the best bigs in NBA right now at 23yo. Knowing that he's a ripped hard worker, we can expect even more in the future.
    i really dont see sabonis numbers dropping, id actually would say that he isnt in the best shape right now, he missed many easy baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by zalias View Post
    i really dont see sabonis numbers dropping, id actually would say that he isnt in the best shape right now, he missed many easy baskets.
    He cant shoot 65% from the field all the time. Those missed shots happen to him, the same was last season as well. He's in great shape. But, yeah, I also don't see these numbers dropping much if any. People are talking about Siakam as super sensation and rightfully so, but Siakam takes 5 shots more than Sabonis and shoots with worse %. Siakam collects 26 points, but grabs less rebounds and has worse PER. At some point the league will have to notice Sabonis, specially if Pacers will continue to role as they do now. The guy is among elite bigs literally, one could argue that he's having a better season than Jokic thus far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sabonis grabs career high 18 boards and stands third best rebounder in the league. Almost 14 rebounds per game, none of Lithuanian, like none, was ever close to that. He outrebounds his dad, Ilgauskas, JV. Best white rebounding stiff in the league. Banged up a little bit, but keeps rolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chrestomathic performance by Sabonis tonight. 18/14/8. He either will punish you with p'n'r, or p'n'p or will drive to the rim to overpower you there. If he still doesn't get his shot, he will make a perfect pass. Just watch and learn big fellas. Hey, and the first serious poster this season! I miss those:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpu7rQ3Q-K8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An article about the effectiveness of Sabonis's screens

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/12...t-of-screening

Translated version:

https://www.basketnews.lt/news-13521...u-zaideju.html

There's no doubt Sabonis is the best p'n'r big in the NBA right now. None is even close, at least I don't get anyone in my mind. Gobert just makes screens, but he's not even close in terms of flexibility and rolling to the basket (or even stepping back for jumper) for his own shot. Jasikevicius would kill someone for Sabonis at this point, he can make 5 screens per possession if needed and does that naturally, quickly reading the game.

This part with video is a perfect example why NT is bond to failure if building around JV. If Maskoliunas won't have balls to face and obvious true to build around Domas at 5, I will be disappointed. Specially that he works with Matkevicius, that guy should understand something about contemporary basketball.

This is especially effective against bigs like Jonas Valanciunas who don’t want to stray too far outside the paint, and it’s a natural extension of a dribble hand-off when the recipient, like Lamb, is unlikely to fire away from three while moving away from the basket. As such, one re-screen to flow into pick-and-roll in this case is common. Two, however, with Sabonis eventually opening up his stance to completely seal off Brandon Clarke, is not only a fun easter egg to watch for during Pacers broadcasts; it’s an effective means of opening Lamb up to clean shots that don’t require him to make plays for others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok, so you managed to take a shot at JV again in a game where he didn't even play due to ilness...don't you ever get tired of your schtick SF?

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Ok, so you managed to take a shot at JV again in a game where he didn't even play due to ilness
    JV is in the video example of the described situation. And you can not say that the description is wrong.

Ok, so you managed to take a shot at JV again in a game where he didn't even play due to ilness...don't you ever get tired of your schtick SF?
    Aren't you tired being lost and with no-clue all the time? Not only that it has nothing to do with tonight's game (it's the part from article, was it that hard to figure this out?), but the video (used in an article) was from recent game against Grizzlies 11/26, where Sabonis outplayed JV and was killing him in p'n'r situations with points and 6 assists. Seriously, dude, this is not kindergarden, get informed before posting crap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So we are resorting to ad hominem attacks now...that's kinda pathetic coming from a poster who tries so hard to sound like a professional basketball coach So tell me SF, what does JV got to do with the solid game from Domas again? And why did you stay silent when JV posted 30 and 16 and 22 and 17 games back to back?

So we are resorting to ad hominem attacks now...that's kinda pathetic coming from a poster who tries so hard to sound like a professional basketball coach So tell me SF, what does JV got to do with the solid game from Domas again? And why did you stay silent when JV posted 30 and 16 and 22 and 17 games back to back?
    Don't complain when you jump on me while being stupidly misinformed and absent-minded.

Again, it has nothing to do with tonight's game, the article is generally about Sabonis' impact and in one part there's a sentence about JV with video example. What exactly you don't get it here? I quoted that part because I think it's very relevant to our NT business, that's all.

Why I'm silent when JV balling here and there? I saw this for 8 years. Never said he can't score if the team is working for him (specially in NBA with wider court and three second defensive rule). But that does not translate to winning basketball in conteporary basketball. Thus building around JV in the NT does not translate to wins either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Don't complain when you jump on me while being stupidly misinformed and absent-minded.

Again, it has nothing to do with tonight's game, the article is generally about Sabonis' impact and in one part there's a sentence about JV with video example. What exactly you don't get it here? I quoted that part because I think it's very relevant to our NT business, that's all.

Why I'm silent when JV balling here and there? I saw this for 8 years. Never said he can't score if the team is working for him (specially in NBA with wider court and three second defensive rule). But that does not translate to winning basketball in conteporary basketball. Thus building around JV in the NT does not translate to wins either.
    You keep on repeating yourself about "contemporary basketball" and "building around JV" for some reason...
    Let me shed some light regarding NTs and how they prepare for big tournaments - no one is "building" around any particular player, simply because the tournaments are too short and there is no time to build a franchise (like in NBA) around one dominant player. Instead, teams pick the best available players at that moment and just roll with whoever is in best form during a very short FIBA summer event. And we don't even have any super skilled or dominant player like Doncic is now or how Pau Gasol was in the past to build around - all we have is two NBA role players and a bunch ULEB cup level srubs to chose from. That's the current reality of our basketball. And Domantas is not gonna become Doncic on the NT in spite of how much you are trying to big him up, just like JV is not gonna sit on the NT bench just because you wish so too... Your agenda regarding these two players is very clear by now and anything you say about JV at this point is just laughable and a simple haters talk

You keep on repeating yourself about "contemporary basketball" and "building around JV" for some reason...
    Let me shed some light regarding NTs and how they prepare for big tournaments - no one is "building" around any particular player, simply because the tournaments are too short and there is no time to build a franchise (like in NBA) around one dominant player. Instead, teams pick the best available players at that moment and just roll with whoever is in best form during a very short FIBA summer event. And we don't even have any super skilled or dominant player like Doncic is now or how Pau Gasol was in the past to build around - all we have is two NBA role players and a bunch ULEB cup level srubs to chose from. That's the current reality of our basketball. And Domantas is not gonna become Doncic on the NT in spite of how much you are trying to big him up, just like JV is not gonna sit on the NT bench just because you wish so too... Your agenda regarding these two players is very clear by now and anything you say about JV at this point is just laughable and a simple haters talk
    Cool story, brah. I'm afraid nothing sweet is coming from my replay again, so I refrain. Differently than you think I have no intentions to upset you. The only guy who can upset you is you, brah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122