Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Domantas Sabonis thread

That deer in the forest looks very tasty

Domas is good though. He instantly made Kings a better team. If only Kings were smart enough to let go Fox instead of Haliburton.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Domas is good though. He instantly made Kings a better team. If only Kings were smart enough to let go Fox instead of Haliburton.
    Pacers didn't need Fox. Plus it would have left us without "The Fox and The Ox"

So far so good, 7 assists dished last night and a second win for the Kings. Sabonis brings Chris Webber, Vlade Divac, Brad Miller vibes, bigs that could pass the ball and the Kings were winning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU-m...nel=Deuce%26Mo

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Domas working on his jump shot. One of things that still can improve.

https://twitter.com/LethalShooter__/...82477497962497

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

We need more of that in the NT. In FIBA it's harder, but I think we can still come up with better chemistry between Domas and others. Domas in last 4 games of EB had 20,5eff points per game, and team's best 20eff points against Spain.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1580398658712805377

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Absolutely crazy game Magic vs Kings. The crunch time and overtime, so many up and downs, felt like PO game. Sabonis made key FTs again and most importantly I saw many good defensive possessions. I think recently Sabonis improved defensively, specially ISO defence in the space. I think we'll see something really nice from Sabonis in 27-32 stretch, he have seen stuff already and he is playable in the crunch. Fox nailed crazy game winner.

Magic on other hand finally gathered a nice much of young core with Banchero, Wagner, Bol Bol, Suggs and they have injured Fultz too. If they will keep that for few years, they will likely contend.

Here's that crazy end of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4gJ...hannel=DrSwish

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

That's the Domas I know! 22 boards, 26 points, 8 assists. Clutch offensive rebound and 2 and 1. Huge game, huge win. Kings figuring out they have an All Star in the roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N95...acramentoKings

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Sabonis is such beast in NBA. Watched highs against Bucks and he totally destroyed B. Lopez down low, like man handling him. And he's such a fundamentally sound. NBA court is build for his game. He puts up historical numbers basically, first in NBA by 10-10-5 performances. Second in double-doubles. He's such an underrated big. Some have him as a starter of West ALL STAR this year though. 3x All Star game coming for Domas, he's nothing but the beast. And hope 2023 will be first year when we will truly build around him as the primarily big. It's time. He's slowly figuring out FIBA, his last 4 games in EB he averaged 20,5eff and he can be even better in 2023 cause guys like Jokubaitis, Iggy, Grigonis already have more chemistry with him and he's figuring out FIBA himself better. Looking forward to see Domas in All Star game and making playoffs of Kings:

https://twitter.com/FCartoscelli3/st...77562552897536

What a beauty of fundamentally sound big:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYE7...l=ZHHighlights

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

I dont know what kinda tales are you telling here?

Domas was leading in played minutes in NT in last 3 tournaments.

He was nr 1 option 2022 entire preparation period how NT played with him having the ball alot in the post .

Problem it will be very difficult in fiba courts to really dominate if all players game is inside and not mixing up with jumpers.

Nba is diffrent nobody is double teamming post ups in 2010s and 2020s . NBA coaches say data numbers shows post up its not effective way of scoring. So its easier to score in nba for post up people.

Domas himself dont make/take jumpers and LTU NT is bad shooting team overall after double teams and we have what we have.

Facts is simple those euroean shooting nba bigs like Porzingis,Wagner,Markannen arent nba all stars but they fit fiba style game way better.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 12-08-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Why are you so mad, dude? It's pretty funny and strange that you are so pissed all the time.

To some extent, yes, we were preparing to play a lot through Sabonis, but later we switched more to JV who dominated and looked impressive. The problem that this domination of JV didn't bring wins. That's why I hope that in the future we will "truly" build around Sabonis, meaning his hand offs, passes for cutters, slashing game and so on would be present even more and that would benefit as we would play more versatile game at offensive end. Sure, he'll never be as good as in NBA, but I still see some room for us to utilize Domas better and to get more from him. Besides, he's now coming into his prime basically. So we can expect the best of him in upcoming 4-5 tournaments.

First 3 Eurobasket games, Domas played 28,6mpg. JV 32,6mpg. Domas looked a bit off and struggled to adjust to FIBA's intensity, JV looked better. But I hope that Domas will be ready from Day 1 in WC 2023. He's getting there. He already has enough experience in FIBA. I think federation should do much better job to get us elite opposition in exhibition stage. Those soft games against B Finland and such made a bad impression how the game can be with Domas. After 2 first games of struggle Domas adjusted to FIBA better and his last 4 games were already at another level. While JV in the knock out stage got exposed, his weaknesses are very obvious.

IDK, I'm just curious to see what happens when we start Domas and play him 32mpg right from the first day and allowing him to be at 5 mostly and from the begging. If he will suck, JV will take his spot again, but I have sense in 2023 Domas should provide the best basketball thus far.

Well, Markannen may be an All Star this season cause he's great and his team winning some. Wagner is good, but playing for crappy team. In the future he will be an all star. Sure, I agree with your statement generally. FIBA fits shooters much better than bruisers.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Domas today is the 4th best player from Europe after Giannis, Jokic, Doncic. Well, on the NBA court.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Im not mad at all,im just cant read nonsenses written by biased fans with no objectivity. Player that plays most minutes in NT for 3 fiba tournaments and picture like he was some role player sounds funny

When NT fails its Valanciunas fault,leading player in played minutes Sabonis have no part in it?

If you critique NT leaders so atleast do it objective manner not biased one sided nonsenses.

Nba 2021/2022

L.Markannen 22,2pts+8,5reb 48 made 3 point long shots

K.Porzingis 22,1pts+ 8,8reb 69 made long shots

F.Wagner 19,1pts+4,3reb 34 made long shots

D.Sabonis 17pts+11reb 11 made long shots

From those 4 european players if i would be forced to take just 1 : Sabonis wouldnt be my first option to put with LTU uniform.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 12-09-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Yeah, Mr. Professor, teach us, please, the theory of objectivity. I'm sure you crossed many academia's doors in your life time...

JV 42FGA, 22FTA Domas 31FGA, 17FTA

JV 34FGA, 16FTA Domas 33FGA, 9FTA

JV 60FGA, 33FTA, Domas 50FGA, 23FTA

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Sabonis yet with another huge game. He recently makes noise in the NBA. He's the only guy who's carrying the flag of Lithuanian BB, being the franchise player of winning NBA team. No other guy's are leaders in their team per EL/NBA. Well maybe Ulanovas to certain extent

https://twitter.com/CapCityCrown/sta...25852113920000

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Sabonis yet with another huge game. He recently makes noise in the NBA. He's the only guy who's carrying the flag of Lithuanian BB, being the franchise player of winning NBA team. No other guy's are leaders in their team per EL/NBA. Well maybe Ulanovas to certain extent

https://twitter.com/CapCityCrown/sta...25852113920000
    A franchise player?
    There are numerous players on the Kings roster who can claim such a title lol...and while they're on a hot streak now, they are still horrible defensively and can always tumble down the standings in an instant. He's the same player as he's always been imo

I shown dinosour expert with cold facts that no Domas is not 4th best european in nba right now and he as always bring Valanciunas to conversation

I didnt hear no arguments why Sabonis is better than Porzingis,Markannen? to be ale 4th best european right now.

How manny playoofs serries ale franchise player Sabonis clubs have won in his 6 seasons? How manny playoofs games NT won with ale nba franchise player playing big minutes?

If Kings really believe in todays basketball that any non shooting big can be franchise player its only shows why Kings is laughable club in nba twitter and last time made playoofs when dinosour expert was still walking under table.

Go and watch your kids tournaments there atleats you get something.

Men tournamens too complicated for you where we talking about winning basketball games now,not just individual players tallents .
    Last edited by Shawshank; 12-11-2022 at 08:02 PM.

madmax,

It's between Sabonis and Fox. And most analysts have Sabonis as the key. He exactly is projected as possible Kings All Star this season. OK, the term franchise player may be a bit reductive in the case of Sabonis, but that's pretty who he is for second tier teams as Pacers, Kings. He has been 2 times All Star for a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHai...townSports1140

shawshank,

It has nothing to do with winning or losing. I simply stated that Sabonis is the best King's player ATM. You brought new question onto table. I don't claim Kings will combat NBA, I say Sabonis is most impactful player on an NBA team.

That 4th best European title may be slippery on the first glance, but all advanced stats show Sabonis is one of the best players in the NBA overall.

Sabonis is 6th in NBA by wins share, after Davis, Doncic, Jokic, Durant, Curry. From guys that you mention as his competitors, Markkanen is 16th and Porzingis is 20th.

FIBA is another story, but I think Domas is 4th best Euro today in the NBA.

BTW, Fox is at 40 by wins share.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 12-12-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    I shown dinosour expert with cold facts that no Domas is not 4th best european in nba right now and he as always bring Valanciunas to conversation

I didnt hear no arguments why Sabonis is better than Porzingis,Markannen? to be ale 4th best european right now.

How manny playoofs serries ale franchise player Sabonis clubs have won in his 6 seasons? How manny playoofs games NT won with ale nba franchise player playing big minutes?

If Kings really believe in todays basketball that any non shooting big can be franchise player its only shows why Kings is laughable club in nba twitter and last time made playoofs when dinosour expert was still walking under table.

Go and watch your kids tournaments there atleats you get something.

Men tournamens too complicated for you where we talking about winning basketball games now,not just individual players tallents .
    Wow. As usual Shawshank blinded by his hatred spills a pile of horse crap. He as why Sabonis is better by Porzingis,Markkanen?

And then in the same post he asks how many playoff series Sabonis have won.

Lets see.

Porzingis played 13 games. Won 5. 0 series won.
    Markkanen played 0 playoff games.
    Sabonis 16 games. Won 4. 0 series won. (2018 vs Lebrons cavs took to game 7; 2020 4 games inactive due to injury)

If you want to present arguments why those two are better then Domas please do, because playoff games is not one of them.

Good article on Sabonis. Domas is not only by far the best post player in the NBA this season, but he's second best post player in the NBA in many seasons.

If you took a look at Sabonis?s basic stats, few would stand out relative to his career highs. His points, rebounds, and assists averages have all been topped before. But now that he?s functioning as a full-time center in spacious lineups that accentuate his strengths, Sabonis?s true shooting, PER, and assist rate are all career highs. His production out of the post, though, is popping off the page in a borderline-transformative way.

The Kings generate a staggering 1.36 points per possession when Sabonis posts up, which ranks second out of 616 players in Second Spectrum?s database of players who?ve posted up at least 100 times in a season going back to 2013-14. (Second!) When one of his post-ups ends with a shot, foul, turnover, or pass to a player who immediately shoots within one dribble, he?s by far more efficient than anyone else with at least four post-ups per game.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/1...cramento-kings

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast