Clear All

• Speaking of injuries:
    5/4 Sabonis missed 9 games so far
    5/4 Turner 10 games and possibly rest of season
    3 Warren 62 games and the rest of season
    2 Oladipo>Levert 27
    1 Brogdan 10

Lamb (10ppg) 30 games, Bitadze 27 games
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Last 10 games Domas lines: 26,3pts, 14,8rbs, 10as in 37,8min. In last 4 games Domas has 41mpg. If he will get away alive from this season, it should be a non play offs season. Pacers stands 10th and now I'm rooting for Indiana's losses. That kind of usage is unhealthy and the team has been unhealthy, particularly because of the coach and injuries.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        Last 10 games Domas lines: 26,3pts, 14,8rbs, 10as in 37,8min. In last 4 games Domas has 41mpg. If he will get away alive from this season, it should be a non play offs season. Pacers stands 10th and now I'm rooting for Indiana's losses. That kind of usage is unhealthy and the team has been unhealthy, particularly because of the coach and injuries.
        Well ,if he wants some sort of greatness , as all of us rooting for him wishes, he better keeps playing them minutes injurie free.
        He is first Lithuanian to get " too many minutes " on court moan.
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• So , there was post match interview on TNT ? with Domas being man of the game.
          Well , he did it way better than his dad used to be in this sort of situations . Laconic , boring - yes. Still ... Mumbled with some stereotypes , whatever..
          Alas , good news is that before that the TNT panel collectively decided that he went from a star to superstar .
          As for me , that word will carry him forward for the next few seasons at least.
          And - congrats to all of us for having first Lithuanian NBA superstar . That happened , it is all true .
          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• Domantas played brutal game. His domination in rebounding is incredible. Huge fan of Domas. With a little more aggressive mindset this dude would be a complete beast.

Comment

• I would say Sabonis is borderline superstar in the league. He lacks a little bit of more deadly and more expressed scoring profile to be exactly such, but notice that he runs the most miles defensively in the NBA, the most, his usage is incredible. He out rebounds MVP and best center today Jokic, his 6.7apg is nasty and only freak of a nature Jokic is better at it with 8apg as a center. Sabonis may give some easier buckets in interior defence here and there, but overall what he does and how many space he covers defensively and offensively is something unprecedented. How much he leaves on the court, cause he's moving like crazy all the time, no stationary second for him, and only superficial BB eye can disregard his impact at both ends, specially how much he steps out and how much he covers at the perimeter defensively (the key for today's NBA) as a center. If he would add a little bit of even more craftiness and shooting in upcoming few years he can be deadly good in his complete prime - 27-32yo. First true Lithuanian NBA superstar. Only young and healthy dad of his could be thinking about that.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• superstar name is earned in playoofs, star name is earned in regular season.

There is big diffrence .

In league there are at best 15 superstar players and for example B.Beal with his 30pts average 2 last regular seasons is not one of them.

Player can be scoring champ but nobody sees you as top 10 player if your teams sucks year after year.

Superstars not just puts big number ,but makes other players better and with that wins comes.

So far to this date Sabonis was like good all star player like Vucevic put big numbers and gets gentlement sweep in first round year after year.

My opinion Domantas can be good nr 2 in winning playoofs team ( ale Pau was to Kobe) . If he is nr 1 that team will be eliminated in first round even in east side.

Comment

• so Sabonis' and Pacers' miserable season finally seems to be over...on one hand, we have the lithuanian player with the best individual statline out of all liths in the history, cracking that 20 ppg barrier and flirting with triple doubles in every single game. On another note, the laughable defense and inability to make the playoffs in a weaker eastern conference is also a concern which cannot be ignored So I guess the main question mark over Domantas still hangs like a Damocles sword - is he just a byproduct of Pacers system or did he really make a massive leap as a player and this will be reflected in the upcoming FIBA games for his country. Mind you, Sabonis still has loads to prove as a NT player and he's yet to have a good tournament for us

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                    so Sabonis' and Pacers' miserable season finally seems to be over...on one hand, we have the lithuanian player with the best individual statline out of all liths in the history, cracking that 20 ppg barrier and flirting with triple doubles in every single game. On another note, the laughable defense and inability to make the playoffs in a weaker eastern conference is also a concern which cannot be ignored So I guess the main question mark over Domantas still hangs like a Damocles sword - is he just a byproduct of Pacers system or did he really make a massive leap as a player and this will be reflected in the upcoming FIBA games for his country. Mind you, Sabonis still has loads to prove as a NT player and he's yet to have a good tournament for us
                    This is what is really concerning if you ask me. Not that he is not enough physically to guard center he also lacks fundamentals if you ask me. Wrong positioning in every second situation and lack of effort.

Comment

• Sabonis is not a good defender, but he's not as bad as you portray it here. Mind that he's warn out at the end of the season a little bit and he has been playing 41mpg in some stretches and 36mpg for the whole season. Most miles run in the NBA, no-one run further than Domas did at the D end. With that said, he's just a decent defender. I saw him in 2019 WC and he was decent. Rested fresh Domas will be much different defensively in Kaunas tournament. With his 22-26min he will bring completely different intensity and physicality on the FIBA court. Won't be good at that end, but far from black hole as well. Besides, having Sedekerskis around now will help both JV and Domas defensively. As for Sabonis' offense, it's tough to say, will depend how much Maskoliunas will put him at 5 and will allow him to operate. Sabonis can be effective even if he wouldn't score tons. In 2019 he provided 4apg. I would see something like 12-14ppg, 7-8rpg and 4apg which would be very impactful performance.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        superstar name is earned in playoofs, star name is earned in regular season.

There is big diffrence .

In league there are at best 15 superstar players and for example B.Beal with his 30pts average 2 last regular seasons is not one of them.

Player can be scoring champ but nobody sees you as top 10 player if your teams sucks year after year.

Superstars not just puts big number ,but makes other players better and with that wins comes.

So far to this date Sabonis was like good all star player like Vucevic put big numbers and gets gentlement sweep in first round year after year.

My opinion Domantas can be good nr 2 in winning playoofs team ( ale Pau was to Kobe) . If he is nr 1 that team will be eliminated in first round even in east side.
                        This is a fair point i completely agree with. On other hand this Pacers team would be on edge of elimination in first round even with best big men in the league. It should be taken into consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Rested fresh Domas will be much different defensively in Kaunas tournament. With his 22-26min he will bring completely different intensity and physicality on the FIBA court.... I would see something like 12-14ppg, 7-8rpg and 4apg which would be very impactful performance.
                          Domantas Sabonis scored 20.2 points, pulled down 12.1 rebounds and dished off 6.8 assists in an average of 35:22 minutes of playing time per game in the NBA this past season. He should therefore easily be able to score 15 points with 9 rebounds and 5 assists in just over 25 minutes of playing time in Kaunas.

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-21-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            Domantas Sabonis scored 20.2 points, pulled down 12.1 rebounds and dished off 6.8 assists in an average of 35:22 minutes of playing time per game in the NBA this past season. He should therefore be easily able to score 15 points with 9 rebounds and 5 assists in just over 25 minutes of playing time in Kaunas.

It's not so simply, we discussed it many times. FIBA and NBA differs.

Another thing, I will follow closely if today's NT need three centers. I have doubts. Off course, this time Sabonis will be moved to 4 as well and Gudaitis is in his prime so it would be stupid not to take him, but in the future I think it may be unnecessary, specially if we will want to squeeze in more guards and wings to the team and basketball today is perimeter orientated game.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Domantas Sabonis was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week after helping his Indiana Pacers to an unbeaten week (3-0). Sabonis averaged 25PPG, 10.3RPG and 75.0FG%.

It's a second time in his career and it's a record for Lithuania. Arvydas Sabonis and Zydrunas Ilgauskas had been named once each.

Domantas Sabonis was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week after helping his Indiana Pacers to an unbeaten week (3-0). Sabonis averaged 25PPG, 10.3RPG ...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Oh snap! Sabonis goes to Sacramento...Well, no play offs, good news to NT I guess

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information