Thread: FIBA to propose 3x3 basketball as an Olympic event

Default FIBA to propose 3x3 basketball as an Olympic event

not for Rio 2016, but this is officially happening in Tokyo 2020.

Eight teams will qualify for the Olympic 3x3 men's basketball tournament. Four teams will qualify based on the 1 November 2019 world ranking list.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Watched few days of current World Cup and have no idea, how on earth it made it to Olympics. The level of basketball is so low. Once average at best in Europe player like Robbie Hummel came and almost alone destroyed Serbian team, who is highest ranked team in the world, but watching them play it feels that it can't be true, absolutely nothing special. Refereeing horrible. You can step over the line, travel, foul - who cares. I've played 3x3 and still do at times, so know that more contact is allowed there, but even some so obvious fouls aren't called... Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Serbian team, who is highest ranked team in the world, but watching them play it feels that it can't be true, absolutely nothing special.
    But I just learned today that Dusan Bulut is the "Serbian Michael Jordan"!!
    https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/20/ice-c...ichael-jordan/

I've watched a lot of the US 3x3 games in FIBA Tournaments going back to the "33" tournament at the Youth Olympics in Singapore, and while it is fun to watch a few games a year as a novelty I think the overwhelming response when people see 3x3 in Tokyo is going to be "who the fuck are these guys and why are they in the Olympics?". The top teams aren't that good, there are no marketable star players, no one believes that NBA/Euroleague players with a little bit of practice wouldn't destroy the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

US just won the World Cup, so I take back everything I said and look forward to seeing the Legends of Ivy League Basketball plus Robbie Hummel claim their gold medals next summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players