Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will 2014-2020 be as successful as 2006-2012 for Team USA?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
    The players I had listed were who I thought would go to Spain in 2014. As for Rio 2016- I think the big names will go- Durant almost for sure given his age in 2016 and Lebron I'd say 50/50. Rose, Westbrook, Howard, Paul, Love are all strong possibilities too. Just my opinion.
    OK, my mistake. But "Rose, Westbrook, Howard, Paul, Love" are all in defferent category compared with "Durant, Lebron, Kobe" in my view.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

If USA take it seriusly they will be dominate with no problems. Not just becose of them, but because iternational basketball is in crisis with producing "masters" of game.

Today iternationall basketball has more quality players then ever, but since 83. born players and yunger there are not so many real masters like Gasol, Nowitzki, Parker, Papaloukas, Kirilenko, Navarro, Jasikevicius, Turkoglu, Stojakovic, Bodiroga, Ginobili, Scola...etc. and those are the ones that beat USA because they gave extra quality to their teams

today basketball developent in Europe gone the wrong way. There are few yunger exceptions, but mostly today only specialst are made in Europe. I hope there will be more "superstars" in younger generations, because let's say from 83.-87. there were not manny dominate players in internationall basketall, the "real masters"

I know Terrorizerr will take this out of contest once again, but tell me now in 2012 wich players are still best in their teams, teams that fight for medals then 30 year old frats named Gasol, Parker, Ginobili, Kirilenko, Nowitzki etc. ?

Euro coaches as leaders of international basketball devlopment realy need to question their yuth level program and strategy of development in crutial period from 18 to 20 years, when kids become senior players
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    If USA take it seriusly they will be dominate with no problems. Not just becose of them, but because iternational basketball is in crisis with producing "masters" of game.

Today iternationall basketball has more quality players then ever, but since 83. born players and yunger there are not so many real masters like Gasol, Nowitzki, Parker, Papaloukas, Kirilenko, Navarro, Jasikevicius, Turkoglu, Stojakovic, Bodiroga, Ginobili, Scola...etc. and those are the ones that beat USA because they gave extra quality to their teams

today basketball developent in Europe gone the wrong way. There are few yunger exceptions, but mostly today only specialst are made in Europe. I hope there will be more "superstars" in younger generations, because let's say from 83.-87. there were not manny dominate players in internationall basketall, the "real masters"

I know Terrorizerr will take this out of contest once again, but tell me now in 2012 wich players are still best in their teams, teams that fight for medals then 30 year old frats named Gasol, Parker, Ginobili, Kirilenko, Nowitzki etc. ?

Euro coaches as leaders of international basketball devlopment realy need to question their yuth level program and strategy of development in crutial period from 18 to 20 years, when kids become senior players
    I think that the crisis will be good for the players development in some countries. Take Olympiakos for example, they do have some potential stars walking around. And the only reason they were playing last year was because of budget cuts.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post

I'm not so sure about his "crisis". Off course for a new guys like Rubio, Teodosič, Mirotič, Valančiūnas, Sarič, Kanter, Motiejūnas, Hesonja, Calathes (the list is long, but these should be mentioned) will be difficult to "compete" with Dirks', Pau's, Manu's talent. But, why would 30-33yo player should be worse than 20-24yo players? I mean give young players some time. There will be masters of the game and probably bigger part of them will come not from my mentioned list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not so sure about his "crisis". Off course for a new guys like Rubio, Teodosič, Mirotič, Valančiūnas, Sarič, Kanter, Motiejūnas, Hesonja, Calathes (the list is long, but these should be mentioned) will be difficult to "compete" with Dirks', Pau's, Manu's talent. But, why would 30-33yo player should be worse than 20-24yo players? I mean give young players some time. There will be masters of the game and probably bigger part of them will come not from my mentioned list.
    let's leave kids and see how they develope....but let's say 83-87.

not very "rich" generations....consistatly dominated by same old guy...non did eventually puted them self infront of old frats

last sevrel years was dominated by same old players...gasol, dirk, parker, ak, ginobili and is still the same, while 83.-87. born guys always look in their back with maybe exception of few decent players like bargnani, klieza, lorbek....bu when those are best what euro basketball gave latly besides bargnani you know there is problem
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

I feel so much better that Deron Williams is willing to suit up in two years time. Team USA will need veterans like Williams.

Still, in two years a lot could happen.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Kirilenko said he's looking forward to 2016 and 2020 Olympics. Way to go! At least nice attitude. I doubt Russia won't have better forward than 39yo Kirilenko though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One team that could become a powerhouse is Canada. They are doing a very good job with their juvenile programs, getting to under 18, under 16 world cups and doing well. Watch for this team in the future. Brasil is another team to watch and Puerto Rico, good talent pool but terrible administration.

Russia, France, Serbia and Lithuania (always have great talent), should become the mayor forces in Europe.

Back to Puerto Rico, good talent but problems in the frontline, especially in the center position. Yes, the future on this position is kind of jeopardy, Angel Luis Garcia,nice talent but problems with injury plus he is not a center. Victor Davila, havent heard of him in a while, Jorge Brian Diaz, is not going to be back in the NCAA, this decision could hurt his progress, because I read that he is back in Puerto Rico in one of the local universities. Matt Lopez and Carlos Lopez, are centers and thei develope has been very slow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123