Gold Medals for everyone on IBN!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Medals for everyone on IBN!!!!

I have to say, compared to years past, the remarks and commentary for this Olympic tournament have been the most civil and respectful in my eight years with IBN. No heated personal attacks. No defaming of other countries or societies. No outrageous conspiracy talk. Even the disagreements for the most part have been classy and respectful....for the most part. Well done everyone! We all deserve a gold medal for being such good sports.

Definitely true. On the other hand, less discussion than in previous major international tournaments. Anyway, no work for mods this time
    Thank you JGX for creating game threads and Dtown‎ for the prediction game
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
      Definitely true. On the other hand, less discussion than in previous major international tournaments. Anyway, no work for mods this time
      Thank you JGX for creating game threads and Dtown‎ for the prediction game
      It was a pleasure.

Though I am of mixed feelings, it was certainly more civil than past tournaments, though it was also quieter. The general theory was discussed at the start of the US vs. Spain thread, the quietness being chalked up mostly to the upset of the Greeks (which kept a certain troll at bay), and the under performance of the Turks and many former Yugoslavian nations at Eurobasket. So some of the bigger fanbases on IBN were absent, which was a mixed blessing, less discussion but less crazy as well.

Still as always this board always adds something to all international tournaments.
      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

That's true but i'm sure if countries like Greece, Turkey, FYROM, Serbia... were playing in the Olympics things would have been different here as we have/used to have quite a lot of members from those countries.

I still remember in the 2010 WC things got really out of control as the site got attacked by Turkish anarchists and nationalists and it was literally like a war especially in the semifinal game against Serbia and the final against the U.S.
        Too bad I had still just returned from Turkey that time and missed out on all the action

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information