3 v 3 basketball at 2016 Olympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 v 3 basketball at 2016 Olympics?

As a basketball fan I will take more basketball at the Olympics in any form. What would your country's 3 v 3 team be?

Lebron/Durant/Howard

What would be cool is if they allowed a country to have multiple teams, like they do beach volleyball.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Weren't the sports for 2016 already decided a few years ago? They added rugby sevens and golf.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

TBH I don't think the Olympics is a great venue for this, the main advantage of the format is that it allows for relatively short tournament having a lot of participants, opening up the field to countries that never qualify for tournaments in regular basketball, but I doubt the IOC would let them have a very large field.
      Last edited by JGX; 08-12-2012, 12:05 AM.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Worst. Idea. Ever.

You actually think this is cool but the Olympics are more prestigous than some streetball tourny. I will be shocked if they go through with this. Next thing you know it we'll have a dunk contest.
        "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

So they can add golf and BMX but they take out baseball? How does that make any sense?

Not a fan of 3 on 3 in the Olympics. There's no need for it in a tournament like the Olympics. It'd be more exciting but it just doesn't seem right to put it in the Olympics.

Comment

Great idea, but ban the pros from competing.
            47-70
            76-58

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
              So they can add golf and BMX but they take out baseball? How does that make any sense?

Not a fan of 3 on 3 in the Olympics. There's no need for it in a tournament like the Olympics. It'd be more exciting but it just doesn't seem right to put it in the Olympics.
              Baseball wasn't added because the government over here didn't want to build the facilities to host baseball! Wait till Japan in 2020 is it? Baseball will be there then!
              VEF RIGA

Comment

Originally posted by Nikoo View Post
                Great idea, but ban the pros from competing.
                I agree. If you let pros play, it would be a big mess. But there is a catch, where is the line between amateurs and proffesionals

Comment

Originally posted by Chopin View Post
                  I agree. If you let pros play, it would be a big mess. But there is a catch, where is the line between amateurs and proffesionals
                  A player that never competed in a pro basketball league.
                  47-70
                  76-58

Comment

But there is thin line between professionalism and semi-professionalism, at least in my country. There is first national league, second and so on...

Comment

then there's roughly any talent pool

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information