Players On Your Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players On Your Radar

Does anybody have any players that have caught their attention due to their play in the Olympics or maybe due to their potential?

I was pleasantly surprised by Australian backup point-guard Matt Dellavedova (7.3 points, 3.8 rebounds and 4.5 assists).

Comment

The entire Lithuanian team. The only team to stand up to the dream team in these games.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
        The entire Lithuanian team. The only team to stand up to the dream team in these games.
        Tunisia and Great Britain both went at them fearlessly too but they just weren't good enough to stay with the US.

I was impressed by Dellavedova too, and I like the backup big man, Baynes.

I also liked Mejri and Ben Rohmdane of Tunisia to name two others. Ben Rohmdane looks like he could be a very good player in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
          Tunisia and Great Britain both went at them fearlessly too but they just weren't good enough to stay with the US.

I was impressed by Dellavedova too, and I like the backup big man, Baynes.

I also liked Mejri and Ben Rohmdane of Tunisia to name two others. Ben Rohmdane looks like he could be a very good player in the future.
          I agree with you on the two Tunisian players, they surprised me.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Vitaliy Fridzon, Russia: I can't claim to have known much about him before the Olympics, but he has me wondering why he wasn't the one signed to the NBA instead of Shved. Lack of interest?

Tai Webster, New Zealand: Well, they were eliminated in the OQT of course, but he had a strong showing, leading his team in scoring - as a 17 year old. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleasant View Post
              Vitaliy Fridzon, Russia: I can't claim to have known much about him before the Olympics, but he has me wondering why he wasn't the one signed to the NBA instead of Shved. Lack of interest?.
              Shved is better player for NBA. He has a penetration game. Fridzon is more of a shooter and just shooters from Europe do not fare well in NBA. Macijauskas had a terrible career in NBA and he was much better shooter and had a better penetration than Fridzon.

Shved at least has quickness and athleticism that work with NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
                Shved is better player for NBA. He has a penetration game. Fridzon is more of a shooter and just shooters from Europe do not fare well in NBA. Macijauskas had a terrible career in NBA and he was much better shooter and had a better penetration than Fridzon.

Shved at least has quickness and athleticism that work with NBA.
                Thanks for the info, that makes sense

Another player I forgot:

Joel Freeland, Great Britain: He's been a known quantity for a while but I never had a chance to watch his games. I was pleased to see how solid he looked in the tournament after a lackluster friendly showing against the US. He won't be an All-Star, but in a league suffering a drought of quality big men, he'd be a passable starter or a perfect back-up center.

Comment

entire Tunisian team..
                  sure they lost all of their games but they fought well..
                  and on moments they looked pretty deccent..
                  first half against Argentina, entire game against France, three quarters against Lithuania..
                  part of it probably has a lot to do with the fact that maybe their opponents didn't took them seriously from the start..
                  but I think you can see obvious improvement when you compare them from this OG tournament with their WC 2010.
                  hopefully they will continue with their progress..

Batum.. if he ever stops with basketball he can continue at one of MMA organizations..
                  "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

I completely forgot about Fridzon. Darknemo2000 is right in that Shved is much more suited for the NBA, especially because the PG spot in the NBA is starting to become about players who are offensively talented and not just athletic and can defend as was starting to be the case before. That is one way the International game has changed the NBA. Another way is the way that big men are supposed to be able to shoot mid-range and longer well again, which wasn't the case in the late 90s-mid 2000s era where athleticism was becoming the number one thing teams looked for in a big man. Guys like Mehmet Okur really changed that.

Fridzon I think could honestly come off the bench and play well for certain teams, especially in the Western Conference, which has a lot more of an International style than the Eastern Conference does, which is more about athleticism, defense, and offensive efficiency. If he can go into the game and use his energy and his ability to knock down shots and also grab some rebounds, play defense, and just be one of those players who frustrate you then he could definitely stick in the NBA as a reserve. A lot of guys from Europe and elsewhere had multiple years in the NBA playing roles off the bench.

Joel Freeland was one of many GB players who impressed me. He should be a solid big man in the NBA. Losing Ryan Richards really hurt Team GB. I honestly think they would've made it to the quarter-finals if he was playing for them.

I only watched the USA/Brazil game and the DR/Nigeria game in the OQT. I wish I would've watched more of it but unfortunately I was too busy to catch it live and I don't have TiVo.

Comment

Shved is the one I never heard of before and now im a fan of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information