No announcement yet.

Retired players after 2012 Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i read it today on index.hr, although its tabloid portal maybee it s not true, wee l see

Comment

I HIGHLY doubt Gasol or Navarro step down until after the 2014 WC. Its in their country, the public will be clamoring for them to play, especially Gasol

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
        I HIGHLY doubt Gasol or Navarro step down until after the 2014 WC. Its in their country, the public will be clamoring for them to play, especially Gasol
        Exactly! It wouldn't make any sense at all to retire now when the FIBA World Cup (as they like to call it now ) is being held on your home country and among your fans and supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
          Do you think Chris Paul will have longevity? Taking Isiah Thomas as a reference point that type of player seems to get worn out especially quickly.
          Chris Paul's not really too much like Isiah Thomas. He's a strong, smaller-playing point guard who's built like a running back. He doesn't put anywhere near as much strain on his knees as a guy like Isiah did.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
            If the WC was going to be held in another country than Spain, then they would have called it a day. Now, I expect them to skip next year's Euro and give a last hurah in front of their home fans. It would be too hard to skip that tourney, and they actually deserve to go with a home crowd cheering for them. And actually, with Calderon, Rudi, Marc, Ibaca and all the rest it is not that they will have to carry their team. They can relax and give the most only in the knock out games.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
              Chris Paul's not really too much like Isiah Thomas. He's a strong, smaller-playing point guard who's built like a running back. He doesn't put anywhere near as much strain on his knees as a guy like Isiah did.
              Yeah, that's true about Paul's build and style.I think there has been some debate about him being injury prone and there's just something about smaller guards in the NBA which makes me fear for their longevity. That said I don't think his game is dependent on pure speed in the same way other PGs are so he shouldn't be too diminished by age.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information