Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    Actually it isn't Exum who the Boomers are looking to be Ingles back-up but it's Bryan broekhoff of the Mavs... whose a better shooter... (better FIBA fit)

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/player...ryan-broekhoff
    Regardless, i think it will still boil down if the Boomers can convince Ben Simmons to play next year at Tokyo. But adding both Broekhoff and a healthy Exum, plus Maker can increase their chances to medal in the Olympics. They were just 1 Patty Mills free throw away from a sure silver.

Comment

• baba from japan received an official offer from mavs
      so japan has 3 nba players now

Comment

• Originally posted by drrrrrr View Post
        baba from japan received an official offer from mavs
        Nice. I don’t expect him to get minutes maybe like China’s DinyuHang (if that’s how its spelled). Still an accomplishment though.

Comment

Just wait for Kai, Edu and Remi.
          sigpic

Comment

im not sold on Baba tho..but i think he's a better fit than our current SGs and FGs in the pro ranks not named RayRay Parks, simple because he's taller and prolly more athletic.

Comment

• Paanu na Toyota Alvark niyan
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• It’s official. Mavs sign Baba. And people have been mocking and downplaying their (with Hiejima) invites.

Actually rooting for him to be able to carve himself some minutes. One of the Japanese players I really like.

Japan-3
                Philippines-1 (Clarkson counts, right? Lol)
                Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                  It’s official. Mavs sign Baba. And people have been mocking and downplaying their (with Hiejima) invites.

Actually rooting for him to be able to carve himself some minutes. One of the Japanese players I really like.

Japan-3
                  And it's not just the 3 Japan homegrowns, it's the pipeline and pathway that leads to that (50 plus US college players.. ) and on top of that you have a FIBA Euro oriented coach both for the senior and youth teams.. If people can't see the glaring structural and system difference between the 2 (we don't even need to look at results) , then we're totally covering our eyes to the real picture. but sa bagay it may be good to ignore it at least it won't hurt us too much, and that way we can continue to enjoy our local loved competition.. (life goes on as usual)
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                  https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                    Regardless, i think it will still boil down if the Boomers can convince Ben Simmons to play next year at Tokyo. But adding both Broekhoff and a healthy Exum, plus Maker can increase their chances to medal in the Olympics. They were just 1 Patty Mills free throw away from a sure silver.
                    Sayang nagchoke si Mills

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                      It’s official. Mavs sign Baba. And people have been mocking and downplaying their (with Hiejima) invites.

Japan-3
                      good place for him to be in as well. the Mavs are one of a handful of teams perfectly suited for non-Americans since their organization really makes it a point to welcome these guys. it's a really big deal since the culture adjustment and teammates' acceptance into their cliques plays a big role in a player's confidence and most teams ignore that aspect. probably a big part of the reason why Kristaps soured on the Knicks so quickly.

Comment

• In your guys opinion. If we just had proper youth player development. Who wouldve made it to the NBA? Ray Parks Jr.? Kiefer Ravena? They were the closest with Ray playing in Summer League, G League. Kiefer signed as a practice player.

Comment

• both of them could've been signed but IMO Ray had the better chance to play in an NBA game
                          “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                          -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            And it's not just the 3 Japan homegrowns, it's the pipeline and pathway that leads to that (50 plus US college players.. ) and on top of that you have a FIBA Euro oriented coach both for the senior and youth teams.. If people can't see the glaring structural and system difference between the 2 (we don't even need to look at results) , then we're totally covering our eyes to the real picture. but sa bagay it may be good to ignore it at least it won't hurt us too much, and that way we can continue to enjoy our local loved competition.. (life goes on as usual)
                            But still...

86-67
                            89-76
                            98-45
                            111-81
                            80-65

Philippines is lagging behind right now in world competition but I dont think Japan is way ahead of us.
                            LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

• Is high schoolwr Makur Maker, the 7 foot guard cousin of Thon, also an Australian?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                                But are you really number 1 if you don’t beat a full powered japan squad? Like saying we beat China when in reality they used their B team.

Eh,a win is a win,the only ones who usually took pity to an underclassed opponents are the Americans.Imagine in HS,College football,they pull almost all the starters,just because your team is ahead by 40 points and there's still a quarter to play.Freaking supporters and parents starts chanting send in "The Rudy's " to play.There was a HS basketball coach who got called out nationally for running up the score so that his star player can score a 100.While the Euros don't have a problem with that,they will just keep on stomping you to the ground with no mercy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information