Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. 3 Gonzaga upset No. 1 Duke at the Maui Invitational on Wednesday. "Experience played a big role in this," Zach Norvell Jr. said.

"I think he switched on me and he was trying to play one-on-one against me, and I was like, 'OK, let's do it,'" Hachimura said after the game. "We're the best team in the country and I'm the best player too. I have to guard him."

Wow...what confidence...I hope to see someday this kind of swagger from AJ or Kai or any of our fil-foreign prospects playing in the US NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by StrawHeart View Post
      And with at least 2 defensive stops in the final minutes.
      and one is against rj barrett..
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• I think the guy will carry asian basketball to new heights.. and as they see hachimura shine they will see another team from the far east who will be unnoticed and take the world of basketball by storm..
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
          I think the guy will carry asian basketball to new heights.. and as they see hachimura shine they will see another team from the far east who will be unnoticed and take the world of basketball by storm..
          luckily japan might play next years world cup.. all eyes on them.. and if kabayan will be allowed by fiba to play with us next year as local then some eyes will watch on us too..

sigpic

Comment

• Kind of explains why Australia was beaten, when you have that kind of talent
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• There's no question Rui Hachimura is one guy we have to worry about, he had this explosive first step that is money in bank for you but as per my observation the dude doesn't had a consistent jumpshot(yet) and doesn't had the body if you commit him to play defense in the post..certainly we can exploit on that...he is a future first rounder that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
                There's no question Rui Hachimura is one guy we have to worry about, he had this explosive first step that is money in bank for you but as per my observation the dude doesn't had a consistent jumpshot(yet) and doesn't had the body if you commit him to play defense in the post..certainly we can exploit on that...he is a future first rounder that's for sure.
                and edu is our best defender for hachimura.. lateral wise, edu can keep up with him and edu is not a bad post defender.. it will be interesting in the future if they’ll meet up..

sigpic

Comment

There's no question Rui Hachimura is one guy we have to worry about, he had this explosive first step that is money in bank for you but as per my observation the dude doesn't had a consistent jumpshot(yet) and doesn't had the body if you commit him to play defense in the post..certainly we can exploit on that...he is a future first rounder that's for sure.
                  Yup. His 3s and long 2s are still suspect. But his "closer" mid range are money.

Comment

• Originally posted by StrawHeart View Post
                    Yup. His 3s and long 2s are still suspect. But his "closer" mid range are money.
                    ala cs?
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      and edu is our best defender for hachimura.. lateral wise, edu can keep up with him and edu is not a bad post defender.. it will be interesting in the future if they’ll meet up..
                      Certainly they will meet up...that's inevitable.

Comment

Certainly they will meet up...that's inevitable.
                        will the WC qualifier groupings stay the same or is it subject to change? other hindrance to their match up is NCAA (AJ) and NBA (Rui) schedules

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          ala cs?
                          Nope. Hachimura's mid-range jumpers are way better than that of CS. I think one can make a better argument comparing Japeth's mid-range jumper w/ that of Hachimura.
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• It would be interesting if SBP can include Jpn as one of the teams that we can play in preparation prior to the wc19. AJ/Aguilar matchup against Rui.

Comment

• Originally posted by DathirdIV View Post
                              will the WC qualifier groupings stay the same or is it subject to change? other hindrance to their match up is NCAA (AJ) and NBA (Rui) schedules
                              It will change every cycle of the WC.

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
                                It would be interesting if SBP can include Jpn as one of the teams that we can play in preparation prior to the wc19. AJ/Aguilar matchup against Rui.
                                Haha. And japeth will bite fakes and will be blown by by Rui if that happens. Japeth will be the weakside defender and AJ would be the on on one defender.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information