Page 3 of 267 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    yup it is.. they really don't have a deep pool.. actually, a well trained PHL team can REALLY compete with the second stringers of China.. though their first five is really DEADLY..
    we expose that during 2011 wuhan championships. lack of bench support.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    As I see it, China is beatable. We just need to avoid playing them pound for pound and start exploiting their weakness. Throughout the years we have been "trying" to play the competition with the best talent we have in each position. Argentina won 2004 not because they are superb individually, but they have role players who knows how to play their part. We can not win against China's height, so let's give them the 4 and 5. We don't need a 4 or 5 who can out score them, what we need is a 4-5 who can atleast minimize their effectiveness. Last time out, it was Douhit who got worn out. Because we wanted him to do everything.

With this, we can concentrate on killing them with our speed. 1,2, and 3 position... This is where we can excel most. Tito Thoots actually made a good point in some of his post about designing plays suited to the talent available. Maximize their potential and not force them to do plays that's better suited for other players. I don't want to start why Aguilar can be an asset to the team. I know he is not that loaded between the ears. But against China, wouldn't he be a better match up against Wang or Yi? Athletic, Good lateral, and Long.... We don't give away easy jump shots, and can keep up if they drive. Hell I care if he fouls out trying. Atleast for the minutes he is on the floor, he can minimize those giants effectiveness. He can also run which is a plus side on the offense is we are to tire out the opposing team. Tama na to, parang ang dunong dunong ko na. You guys can shoot me now for this senseless comment. LOL

Yes China is beatable but it is much difficult for now because they have experience while we have not.(In terms of world class competition)

And it does not really help that we don't met the real Chinateam too often nowadays the last time before 2011 is back in 2002 imagine that..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

watching China...this is like our powerade NT version of china.
    Bmeg with Bowles can beat them. In FIBA play Bmeg can 50/50. In PBA kind of game Bmeg can beat them 7/10.
    lolers with my opinion but its what i thought while watching them. They are just longer and more trained. Trained i mean more fit physically.

Philippine national team vs china nt, china still wins by 10 pts. not gonna be more than 20pts anymore.
    Darling it's better
    Down where it's wetter
    Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Default Who says its only the Philippines which keeps on changing its Head Coach .....

Baldwin to leave Jordan NT? - Jul 30, 2012
    POSTED BY: MOHAMMED MALAS

Despite the start of Jordan National Team preperations for Cyprus friendly tournament (Aug 3-5) and William Jones cup (Taiwan, Aug 18-26) last week, Jordan NT head coach Thomas Baldwin did'nt appear in trainings yet as he was supposed to be in Amman two days ago!! The technical manager Murad Barakat is taking over now.

Speculations are talking about a possible resiginition from Baldwin due to unknown reasons esspecially when you read on newspapers about hiring Sameer Morcos as an assistant coach and a possible comeback of Rasheim Wright (192-G-81, college: District of Col.) who refused by Baldwin to have his services recently.

So will we see Baldwin in Amman soon or???
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Exactly Nardy.

From the other thread in reply to your comment you also posted there and this thread:

hare to all the countries participating? i admit, NBA owners are SELFISH indeed but they see a selfish entity in the IOC as well, so to an extent, they do have a point.
    Is it impossible for the NBA and IOC to work together or share revenues/co-branding under the current set-up??? The NBA owners want to shake up things too much, and this might be their downfall in the end. Unless of course, they are able to send a Dream Team II to the FIBA World Cup.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by toikins View Post
    Bmeg with Bowles can beat them. In FIBA play Bmeg can 50/50. In PBA kind of game Bmeg can beat them 7/10.
    lolers with my opinion but its what i thought while watching them. They are just longer and more trained. Trained i mean more fit physically.

Philippine national team vs china nt, china still wins by 10 pts. not gonna be more than 20pts anymore.
    Agree with the NT part. We might even win if we catch them on a bad shooting day. But B-MEG with Bowles? I'm not sure.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Is it impossible for the NBA and IOC to work together or share revenues/co-branding under the current set-up??? The NBA owners want to shake up things too much, and this might be their downfall in the end. Unless of course, they are able to send a Dream Team II to the FIBA World Cup.
    the IOC does not shares its Pot and actually the Hosts are worried if the Olympics would turnout as a Financial success or not. If you are reading the news accounts, there is an on-going controversy of so many empty seats in a number of events in London. The making of basketball a "Open" competition had added prestige to the Olympics with the presence of the NBA players, but do note it is still the NBA owners paying for the salaries of the participating players while playing for their respective national teams so in reality, the NBA teams are no longer earning from the Olympics they are even shouldering a big part of the costs.

Its been the obsession of FIBA to make Basketball as popular as Soccer Football. FIFA has its World Cup as its main event, while the World Basketball Championship has been not as significant. Do note in the Olympics, Basketball is just one of the events and is not the main show. FIBA wants its own show, one which it really controls.

With the NBA Owners a party in the organizing of the FIBA Basketball World Cup, they can assure its star-studded with NBA players more so that they only have to worry about the 4 year cycle of the FIBA Basketball World Cup and be done away with worries that their veteran superstars opting their summers in the 4 year cycle of the Olympics. It thus gives the NBA superstars at least 2 years rest from international play unlike now wherein they could be playing every year in order to comply with their national team duties.

On the side of the other countries not called Team USA, in a U23 format they have a better chance of winning an Olympic Gold Medal unlike the present situation wherein a souped-up NBA dominated American team is almost assured of the Championship and the other teams are just fighting for the silver and bronze medals.
    Last edited by nardy; 07-31-2012 at 10:22 AM.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toikins View Post

the game is being shown on aktv.
    fvck that i made tiis on livestreaming a while ago.

China's system is not as good as their previous system. Its obvious. The commentator in the live streaming says that china is doing it wrong or something to that effect. And i heard coach donewald saying "we are not tired" trying to pump his players maybe. I think china tweaked their system a little bit. I think they are trying to use speed and run(which they are having hard time implementing so far) . Or maybe i svck at observing.

Philippines should maximize our opportunity to tap the ball after scoring(to set up defense and run back to defense). In the PBA, it will be called a warning at first then technical at second for delaying the game.

Russia is very relaxed but aggressive against china. I think China is very effective on offense when the defensive team is very much into following them(bec that is where mistakes and opening of passing lanes occur). We shouldnt follow their flow on offense all the time and just do our way on defense through tactical court positioning(see powerade defense vs smart gilas defense tactics). And play relax with fast,crisp passing on offense without being 'natataranta' bara-bara forced(most of the time dribble drive) moves.
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

Quote Originally Posted by nardy View Post
    the IOC does not shares its Pot and actually the Hosts are worried if the Olympics would turnout as a Financial success or not. If you are reading the news accounts, there is an on-going controversy of so many empty seats in a number of events in London. The making of basketball a "Open" competition had added prestige to the Olympics with the presence of the NBA players, but do note it is still the NBA owners paying for the salaries of the participating players while playing for their respective national teams so in reality, the NBA teams are no longer earning from the Olympics they are even shouldering a big part of the costs.

Its been the obsession of FIBA to make Basketball as popular as Soccer Football. FIFA has its World Cup as its main event, while the World Basketball Championship has been not as significant. Do note in the Olympics, Basketball is just one of the events and is not the main show. FIBA wants its own show, one which it really controls.

With the NBA Owners a party in the organizing of the FIBA Basketball World Cup, they can assure its star-studded with NBA players more so that they only have to worry about the 4 year cycle of the FIBA Basketball World Cup and be done away with worries that their veteran superstars opting their summers in the 4 year cycle of the Olympics. It thus gives the NBA superstars at least 2 years rest from international play unlike now wherein they could be playing every year in order to comply with their national team duties.

On the side of the other countries not called Team USA, in a U23 format they have a better chance of winning an Olympic Gold Medal unlike the present situation wherein a souped-up NBA dominated American team is almost assured of the Championship and the other teams are just fighting for the silver and bronze medals.
    It will be a problem for us. We will be represented by non-pros without the same talent exposure as that of other countries. Some teams in the world have teens turning pro or had great amateur experience while in our country its only in a collegiate league where players this age are playing. And the size of our players at this age is really a big disadvantage, height and heft, without a naturalized player. And these collegiate leagues' support is questionable. We should really improve our kiddie development.
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

Despite the start of Jordan National Team preperations for Cyprus friendly tournament (Aug 3-5) and William Jones cup (Taiwan, Aug 18-26) last week, Jordan NT head coach Thomas Baldwin did'nt appear in trainings yet as he was supposed to be in Amman two days ago!! The technical manager Murad Barakat is taking over now.

Speculations are talking about a possible resiginition from Baldwin due to unknown reasons esspecially when you read on newspapers about hiring Sameer Morcos as an assistant coach and a possible comeback of Rasheim Wright (192-G-81, college: District of Col.) who refused by Baldwin to have his services recently.

I'd love to have him as our NT coach. Sorry but foreign coaches are still the way to go with international competitions.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    It will be a problem for us. We will be represented by non-pros without the same talent exposure as that of other countries. Some teams in the world have teens turning pro or had great amateur experience while in our country its only in a collegiate league where players this age are playing. And the size of our players at this age is really a big disadvantage, height and heft, without a naturalized player. And these collegiate leagues' support is questionable. We should really improve our kiddie development.
    Do note that the U23 plan could be exclusive to US team ONLY. Read up on Nardy's comments on other nations' chances...
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    that's why changes will have to be done. If we stay the way we do things and not follow how the rest of the world progress, we would always be trying to do catch-up.

But do not belittle too much our kids capabilities, as the problem with us is not that we are not at par with the rest of the world or at least the rest of Asia but if we really send our very best team with adequate training we could come up in top. In the recent U16 and U18 tournaments, even if Coaches Altamirano and Racela not that strong line-ups, we always come out as the only team which gives China a real competition and unfortunately fact is its either a South Korea team stops us from getting a higher placing or we fall due to our poor free throw shooting.
    Last edited by nardy; 07-31-2012 at 02:33 PM.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    I really believe that if you take out the top 3 or maybe 5 players of each nation including ours and form a team of 12, we have a huge chance of getting the gold. What this shows is the lack of "superstar" in our country. Someone who will be unstoppable and will produce night in and night out where the opposing team will build a defense based on that guy.

For other teams, they are always carried by 2-3 players, being supported by 2-3 players then the talent level drops off after that. On our national team, any of the 12 players can top score each game but that also means, all of them can give you < 5 pts in an important game

Default nothing is impossible .... you just have to work hard and make it happen.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...stralian-coach

Olympic Basketball: Spain can beat Team USA, says Australian coach
    Reuters · Tuesday, July 31, 2012 · 11:43 pm

LONDON – Australian men’s basketball coach Brett Brown suggested a Parents of the Year award in praising a Spanish team he said had the ability to knock out the defending champion U.S. team in the Olympic basketball tournament.

“I think Spain should create some type of award for Mr. and Mrs. Gasol,” Brown said in reference to the 7-foot (2.14 m) Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers, and his slightly taller younger brother Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies.

“They are very important people in Spanish basketball,” added Brown, who is keenly aware of NBA talent as an assistant coach with the San Antonio Spurs.

Brown’s Australia team fell 82-70 on Tuesday to the 2008 silver medalists in a preliminary round game at the Olympic Basketball Arena after his team struggled to handle the towering Spanish frontcourt of the Gasol brothers and Serge Ibaka.

Pau Gasol led Spain with 20 points, while Marc added 12 points and pulled down seven rebounds in the victory that improved Spain to 2-0.

Brown said the heavily favoured U.S. team could have their hands full with Spain.

“How would you like to roll those two brothers out and have Serge Ibaka, who in my other job with the Spurs knocked us out,” said Brown, whose San Antonio team was eliminated from the NBA playoffs by Ibaka and the Oklahoma City Thunder.

“You step back and look at the depth of their roster, the history of the programme, the age of their players. They are ripe to, in my opinion, have a legitimate chance of knocking the United States off.”

Australia played tight defence to give Spain a good battle early in the game, holding a 19-14 lead after the first quarter and trailing by only 37-32 at intermission before the winners took advantage of some cold shooting to turn up the speed on their fast break attack.

“We are satisfied with this,” said Spain coach Sergio Scariolo. “We know we’re in the process of getting better, step by step. In my opinion this was a very good win.”

Rudy Fernandez contributed 17 points for Spain, showing no ill effects of a cut in the back of his head he suffered in the second quarter that required three stitches.

Australia (0-2) made only 30 of 81 shots, including 4 of 24 from beyond the three-point arc.

“We missed a lot of shots and they ran it down our throat on the way back,’ said Joe Ingles, who shared Australian scoring honours with Brad Newley with 12 points.

Pau Gasol, winner of two NBA titles with the Lakers, said Spain started slowly but built their momentum.

“We have to find a little better consistency,” he said. “Against better teams we’re going to have to start off much better than we have.

“But so far, two wins, and we are known as a team that goes from playing so-so to playing better at the end of the tournaments.”

Russia also improved to 2-0 with a 73-54 win against China (0-2).

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

I think Baldwin is doing well w/ the Jordanian NT. In the recently concluded WABA International tournament (the qualifier for the 1012 FIBA-Asia Stankovic Cup), the depleted Jordan NT w/o key players Sam Daghles, Zaid Abbas, Islam Abbas, Rasheem Wright, & Zaid Al Khas, was able to put up some resistance against the national teams of Lebanon & Iran. I think credit goes to Thomas Baldwin's coaching.

So it's really surprising that the Jordan basketball federation might decide to ax him from the NT.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    I'd love to have him as our NT coach. Sorry but foreign coaches are still the way to go with international competitions.
    Agree.

But don't tell that to the PBA fanboys who are too sold out w/ idea that PBA coaches aren't being out-coached in international competitions!
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Agree.

But don't tell that to the PBA fanboys who are too sold out w/ idea that PBA coaches aren't being out-coached in international competitions!
    Actually, you just have to tell MVP himself.

But no worries Jamskie, Toroman is SMC so am pretty sure you are excited by that possibility that they'll have their own NT.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Actually, you just have to tell MVP himself.

But no worries Jamskie, Toroman is SMC so am pretty sure you are excited by that possibility that they'll have their own NT.
    Sorry, but I'm not at all excited about the possibility that Toroman might be coaching the Philippine team (again). To be realistic, Toroman coaching team Pinas in 2015 or 2017 is very uncertain. Didn't Toroman have some falling out w/ players from SMC teams becoz the players find him too tough & strict? Didn't the SMC coaching staffs/management scolded Toroman for doing some things w/ the teams & players w/o asking the consent of the coaches? Would Toroman be w/ SMC by 2015 or perhaps 2014?

Let me clarify this once & for all, I do believe that foreign coaches can do a better job in international tournaments than PBA coaches becoz that's what the facts clearly tell us (no need to elaborate). Now, do you think if Toroman piloted Smart Gilas to just 9th place in last year's Asian Championship, I would still have the same belief? Man, I am logical & rational enough to analyze & evaluate things.

Don't compare me w/ some basketball fans who are blinded by their biased & prejudiced beliefs. Beliefs which are quite the contrary to what the facts say.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not at all excited about the possibility that Toroman might be coaching the Philippine team (again). To be realistic, Toroman coaching team Pinas in 2015 or 2017 is very uncertain. Didn't Toroman have some falling out w/ players from SMC teams becoz the players find him too tough & strict? Didn't the SMC coaching staffs/management scolded Toroman for doing some things w/ the teams & players w/o asking the consent of the coaches? Would Toroman be w/ SMC by 2015 or perhaps 2014?

Let me clarify this once & for all, I do believe that foreign coaches can do a better job in international tournaments than PBA coaches becoz that's what the facts clearly tell us (no need to elaborate). Now, do you think if Toroman piloted Smart Gilas to just 9th place in last year's Asian Championship, I would still have the same belief? Man, I am logical & rational enough to analyze & evaluate things.

Don't compare me w/ some basketball fans who are blinded by their biased & prejudiced beliefs. Beliefs which are quite the contrary to what the facts say.
    And your problem with being too inconsistent. i asked the question and you again never had an answer:

On the THEORY that Toroman coaches an SMCentric NT, would you say that's a better team than this current Chot-led pool?

Simple answer(s) for a simple question please. No more girly, generic responses.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Page 3 of 267 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast