Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
    Their golden generations has passed, particularly Iran and Jordan, it will be hard to replicate a lineup of Haddadi, Bahrami, Sahakian, Kamrani, Kazemi, for Iran, and Abaas, Dagles, Wright for Jordan in the near future. And El Khatib is practically irreplaceable which is why they are still milking him at this late stage of his career.
    Agree. Iran is still strong at present with Hadadi still there & Bahrami being recalled from retirement. But in a few years I expect Iran to be on its way down as both Hadadi & Bahrami, who are now in their mid-30's are expected to retire permanently from the national team. I don't see anyone from Iran basketball who can succeed both Hadadi & Bahrami in terms of the degree of impact & contribution they have for Iranian basketball in international basketball.

Jordan on the other hand hasn't been the same with the retirement of Zaid AlKhas, Aiman Idais, Rasheem Wright, & Sam Daghlas, though I think their current naturalized player in Dar Tucker is really good.

I believe Lebanon would still be a contender despite of cage legend Fadi El Khatib's retirement from national team duty. I think Lebanon has some promising young players lead by point guard Wael Arakji to carry the torch of Lebanese basketball.

Qatar basketball has really plummeted since the retirement of those many-time national players that are suspected to be "fake" Qataris. But Qatar has some Bosnian teens waiting in the wings. These Bosnian kids were issued Qatari passports prior to their 16th birthday in a hope that they will be allowed by FIBA to play as "locals" for the Qatari national team. These Bosnians are now around 18 to 20 years old and should make Qatar basketball competitive again the moment they start to reach their prime.

I agree with LittleMarco2016 that Japan would be scary few years from now. Hachimura & Watanabe are really promising versatile forwards with US NCAA Div. 1 basketball experience. Compliment that with shooters & good guards, which Japan always have, and you have a national team that could pose a great concern to bests of Asia-Pacific basketball.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 03-08-2018, 12:22 AM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      I agree with LittleMarco2016 that Japan would be scary few years from now. Hachimura & Watanabe are really promising versatile forwards with US NCAA Div. 1 basketball experience. Compliment that with shooters & good guards, which Japan always have, and you have a national team that could pose a great concern to bests of Asia-Pacific basketball.
      With bigs and guards covered, they can now naturalise a legit 6'6"-6'7" wing/SF to elevate their athleticism and consolidate their starting 5.

Potentially, we have our own future bigs and guards in the works. What we need is JClark, and either of Paras or Ramos to pan out, to have multiple 6'5"-6'6"-ish SG/wings.
      "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

• I believe the competition are more concerned about us than we are about them. With both Clarkson and Martin eager to don the national colors and Paras, Edu and Sotto promising to inject athleticism alongside length to our frontcourt, these are enough reasons for other countries to shit their pants. Lol
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

With bigs and guards covered, they can now naturalise a legit 6'6"-6'7" wing/SF to elevate their athleticism and consolidate their starting 5.

Potentially, we have our own future bigs and guards in the works. What we need is JClark, and either of Paras or Ramos to pan out, to have multiple 6'5"-6'6"-ish SG/wings.
          I think it would be more prudent that the naturalized player of japan would be a natural center. Hachimura & Watanabe are versatile fours/power forwards (Watanabe I think can play small forward). They are not centers. Besides, at 6-foot-7/6-foot-8, both of them would be undersized to play center.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMarco2016 View Post
            A Japan future team with both Watanabe and Huchimura (Gonzaga) scares me solely due to those two players. Their 4, 5 spots will get filled by those two. We need our big men to pan put and also we need tk make a good choice for our next naturalized player since he will have to lock up Huchimira.

Future of Asia Pacific basketball will be East Asia and Pacific owned - Aus, NZ, China, Philippines, Korea, Japan. I only see Iran and Lebanon being big big threats out of the West. Will be a throwback to the 70s and a reversal of the 2000s when Iran, Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar owned FIBA Asia along with China.
            Japan is playing the long game. Their golden generation has yet to come. We have the players to go toe to toe with them, we just need to assemble and train them together consistently.
            “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• the main reason why i like JC to be considered as a local player is because we have future problems with Japan.With JC as a local we may opt to make Kemaka Hepa as a naturalized player where he can match up better against Hachimura,Watanabe etc.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                Japan is playing the long game. Their golden generation has yet to come. We have the players to go toe to toe with them, we just need to assemble and train them together consistently.
                Philadelphia 76ers, "long-term process"..

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                  Philadelphia 76ers, "long-term process"..
                  and look where is 76ers is right now.. chance of grabbing top 4 in playoffs..
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                    I really liked this 76ers team. They just need a closer and their prolly banking on no.1 pick fultz who is currently struggling with confidenc on his perimeter game.
                    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

I really liked this 76ers team. They just need a closer and their prolly banking on no.1 pick fultz who is currently struggling with confidenc on his perimeter game.
                      they really stick with brett brown after all this years of losing season. I feel that if only fultz is Playing, the sixers win total will add at least 3 wins..

and this year they own the lakers pick so most likely a lottery pick somewhere 10-14.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                        strong youth lineup, Watanabe, Hachimura, maybe Julio Lamas will still be there, and a naturalized big? They could pose a bigger threat than Korea.
                        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                          strong youth lineup, Watanabe, Hachimura, maybe Julio Lamas will still be there, and a naturalized big? They could pose a bigger threat than Korea.
                          Getting goosebumps imagining the line up with hiejima.. exciting times for asia-pacific basketball.

sigpic

Comment

• Yuta Watanabe 渡邊 雄太

@wacchi1013
                            21h21 hours ago

Thank you for everything the last four years. I enjoyed every single moment and I'll definitely miss college basketball. @GW_MBB @A10MBB @marchmadness
                            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

Hachimura. 1st round draft this year. Lottery pick next year.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.nbadraft.net/ncaa-tournam...-west-region-6

Hachimura. 1st round draft this year. Lottery pick next year.
                                Hachimura is Calvin Abueva if Calvin Abueva were 6'6".
                                -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information