Page 272 of 278 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 5551

Thread: What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    The Chinese Basketball Association has postponed its season indefinitely due to the outbreak of the coronavirus in China. Many top-notch players released from their CBA duties until further notice, EuroLeague teams consider their options, with the transfers’ deadline ending February 26.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/others/...irus-outbreak/

Ok, So Jeremy Lin and Lance Stephenson are available.
    So how about their national team? Is their team will still play or will not play? I know that their home game vs Malaysia will be transferred to the latter.. But nothing as confirmed if they will still play even on the road..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post

He’s starting to become a serious threat from the perimeter.
    Don't know if has already a reliable 3 point shot from the beginning but this is what makes him valuable.Thirdy should develop this kind of shooting to make him relevant.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    So how about their national team? Is their team will still play or will not play? I know that their home game vs Malaysia will be transferred to the latter.. But nothing as confirmed if they will still play even on the road..
    China's basketball NT is business as usual AFAIK. The talent pool is vast, and if there are some players from Wuhan, they can easily be replaced by others. Also don't under-estimate Chairman Yao's clout. He can mobilize support teams ( doctors, medical personnel, PR people) to help his NTs (men and women). Probably not ideal now is to play games in China.

The Chinese Basketball Association has postponed its season indefinitely due to the outbreak of the coronavirus in China. Many top-notch players released from their CBA duties until further notice, EuroLeague teams consider their options, with the transfers’ deadline ending February 26.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/others/...irus-outbreak/

Ok, So Jeremy Lin and Lance Stephenson are available.
    Quick, make the first conference an import conference and allow Asian imports. Do it please PBA.

Taiwan NT point guard, Ray Chen (6'1) , former CBA 1st round pick and was a US NCAA Div 1 player out of Liberty U , said he wants to play in the Philippines "because the game is more American"

PBA, open your borders already for Asian Imports.
    Last edited by Dotch; 02-04-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Taiwan NT point guard, Ray Chen (6'1) , former CBA 1st round pick and was a US NCAA Div 1 player out of Liberty U , said he wants to play in the Philippines "because the game is more American"

Simk nenciso wants to play here, j 5 4 3 2 1 mpbl na..seriously he doesnt want to plag backup in abl
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

As well as allowing our naturalized players to play as well that would be nice

China's basketball NT is business as usual AFAIK. The talent pool is vast, and if there are some players from Wuhan, they can easily be replaced by others. Also don't under-estimate Chairman Yao's clout. He can mobilize support teams ( doctors, medical personnel, PR people) to help his NTs (men and women). Probably not ideal now is to play games in China.
    The virus has no place of selection.. any people can harm this corona virus.. much better be careful.. closed door match is still also a solution.. aside from players and coaching staff eh fans also could bring suspected virus.. FIBA should sure that no more virus will spread around the world..

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for? The Philippine Basketball Association, which is trying to kill its chances by selfish, boneheaded moves such as the draft dodger ban and the establishment of a rival 3x3 league. https://www.foxsports.ph/basketball/...7IQ_QxwFCJ34h0
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    What does the Philippine team need to watch out for? The Philippine Basketball Association, which is trying to kill its chances by selfish, boneheaded moves such as the draft dodger ban and the establishment of a rival 3x3 league. https://www.foxsports.ph/basketball/...7IQ_QxwFCJ34h0
    Politics aside, when Chooks decided to pull out guys to pba draft when they already applied is the straw that broke the camel back, if they have coordinated with sbp and pba to strengthened the chooks league instead they isolated themselves just because they were snubbed in sea but they have aces in sleeves by having the top 50 player with 2in top ten can only play for olympic qualifiers...di maagaw sa kanila yun..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Politics aside, when Chooks decided to pull out guys to pba draft when they already applied is the straw that broke the camel back, if they have coordinated with sbp and pba to strengthened the chooks league instead they isolated themselves just because they were snubbed in sea but they have aces in sleeves by having the top 50 player with 2in top ten can only play for olympic qualifiers...di maagaw sa kanila yun..
    do you have any evidence to show that Chooks forced or influenced Pasaol, Rike, and Santillan not to join the draft? what if they really wanted to focus on 3x3? Can't the PBA respect that? or are they just so proud to assume that every Filipino player will join the draft when there are other alternative leagues to join?

I agree with you though, re: non-coordination between Chooks and PBA/SBP. I think the icy relationship of Chot with the SBP/PBA has something to do with that, and Chooks should've done something about that
    -Arrigo Sacchi

do you have any evidence to show that Chooks forced or influenced Pasaol, Rike, and Santillan not to join the draft? what if they really wanted to focus on 3x3? Can't the PBA respect that? or are they just so proud to assume that every Filipino player will join the draft when there are other alternative leagues to join?

I agree with you though, re: non-coordination between Chooks and PBA/SBP. I think the icy relationship of Chot with the SBP/PBA has something to do with that, and Chooks should've done something about that
    For me personally if the Bounty Venture Agro team headed by Sir Ronald Mascarinas are dead serious in promoting Philippine Basketball in general, instead of competing with the PBA mano a mano, I think they need to divert their attention to establish a 5x5 women basketball aside from their own 3x3 league, our momentum on last year's 30th Sea Games must not be waned instead those so called basketball stakeholders who had the pocket to do so must support the other side of the coin..that's my take.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    For me personally if the Bounty Venture Agro team headed by Sir Ronald Mascarinas are dead serious in promoting Philippine Basketball in general, instead of competing with the PBA mano a mano, I think they need to divert their attention to establish a 5x5 women basketball aside from their own 3x3 league, our momentum on last year's 30th Sea Games must not be waned instead those so called basketball stakeholders who had the pocket to do so must support the other side of the coin..that's my take.
    remember it was Chooks who first established a 3x3 competition. the PBA formed their own 3x league only after Chooks had staged like 5 tournaments of their own and formed a national pool. so who's competing with whom?

nobody prolly wants to establish a women's league b/c there isn't really a profitable market for that IMO. It has to be an entity which won't need to profit, like the government
    -Arrigo Sacchi

remember it was Chooks who first established a 3x3 competition. the PBA formed their own 3x league only after Chooks had staged like 5 tournaments of their own and formed a national pool. so who's competing with whom?

nobody prolly wants to establish a women's league b/c there isn't really a profitable market for that IMO. It has to be an entity which won't need to profit, like the government
    Yup I agree on this on some degree, they are the one who first established this 3x3 thing here in PI but we all know what the old dogs from the PBA is doing right now, they created their own 3x3 league and currently composing some very unreasonable/harsh guidelines along the way e.g. banning players who decided not to apply for any PBA draft for the meantime because they had some other options to consider or undertake..for me I considered it as martial law because they want to condition the mind of these young players that their only path is the PBA alone otherwise they will be restricted on a certain period of time..that's a mind game so to speak. Now once this PBA 3x3 version starts to roll alongside Chook's own 3x3 version then the word Competing is now in effect.

As for the profitability for the women's league, that's true there is no big market for the meantime but if they the so called basketball stakeholders planted the seeds today eventually they will harvest some crops moving forward, now the question is who amongst the stakeholders had the audacity to do so, well I always had a positive outlook on this side of the story..look at what the men's volleyball team and women's football team is doing right now, they are quietly planting the seeds for the future because they know harvest time is now in the horizon...it's inevitable.

for a start, they should try sponsoring the WNBL Philippines

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/w...ht-wnbl/145771

Yup I agree on this on some degree, they are the one who first established this 3x3 thing here in PI but we all know what the old dogs from the PBA is doing right now, they created their own 3x3 league and currently composing some very unreasonable/harsh guidelines along the way e.g. banning players who decided not to apply for any PBA draft for the meantime because they had some other options to consider or undertake..for me I considered it as martial law because they want to condition the mind of these young players that their only path is the PBA alone otherwise they will be restricted on a certain period of time..that's a mind game so to speak. Now once this PBA 3x3 version starts to roll alongside Chook's own 3x3 version then the word Competing is now in effect.

As for the profitability for the women's league, that's true there is no big market for the meantime but if they the so called basketball stakeholders planted the seeds today eventually they will harvest some crops moving forward, now the question is who amongst the stakeholders had the audacity to do so, well I always had a positive outlook on this side of the story..look at what the men's volleyball team and women's football team is doing right now, they are quietly planting the seeds for the future because they know harvest time is now in the horizon...it's inevitable.
    Yeah... w/ names like Afril Bernardino, Claire Castro, etc.., our stakeholders should give them an exposure so that our women's team will more expand..

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    for a start, they should try sponsoring the WNBL Philippines

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/w...ht-wnbl/145771
    good idea. Problem is Filipino businessmen usually don't trust each other lol. Would you know the people behind the NBL, by the way?
    -Arrigo Sacchi

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fiba/10...-sports-merit/

"At present, the competition consists of four teams. A host team, the FIBA Americas club champions, the Basketball Champions League (BCL) champions, and the NBA G League champions. From 2021, he wants to expand that to six teams with the FIBA Asia Champions Cup winners and the Basketball Africa League winners joining."

more incentive for the PBA to join the Champions Cup, perhaps; or another reason why RoS and Alaska should ditch the PBA and join the ABL.
    -Arrigo Sacchi

They already did that. I think it turns ok naman. We were able to see elite asian imports like sam daugles, Madanly, etc.

And the argumentbis always it will steal a spot from our homegrown players. Hays.

Page 272 of 278 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274 ... LastLast