Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Agreed, but I just wanna point out that the whole Morey thing with China is right smack in the intersection of politics and sports
    there's a right avenue for the discussion of this but regardless of which side you are, it has nothing to do with this thread i suppose.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Need to wake up
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        Exactly what me and Analyzed have been stressing so many times in the past. Our whole local basketball ecosystem is so screwed up that we can't produce world class FIBA competetive talents much less NBA prospects. Again why haven't we heard anything about NBA scouts actually prospecting on any of our locally produce players in the past decade? Kai is a lone outlier but he has yet to prove anything and isn't a sure thing he will be drafted anytime soon. Parks and Kiefer tried through individual efforts but where are they now? Yep the PBA.
        Originally posted by PeeZones
        Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
          Exactly what me and Analyzed have been stressing so many times in the past. Our whole local basketball ecosystem is so screwed up that we can't produce world class FIBA competetive talents much less NBA prospects. Again why haven't we heard anything about NBA scouts actually prospecting on any of our locally produce players in the past decade? Kai is a lone outlier but he has yet to prove anything and isn't a sure thing he will be drafted anytime soon. Parks and Kiefer tried through individual efforts but where are they now? Yep the PBA.
          All these reasons and excuses why NBA. Euro and div 1 scouts are not looking at the Philippines and looking elsewhere in Asia Pacific ( Yes this is absolutely confirmed with evidence- I see the interest, communications and actual visits) is BS. People just either are not informed or simply don't want to hear the painful truth.

Again, i know where a post like this will be viewed as some kind of demeaning or hate message.. if you really look at it from a 3rd party and step back.. It is NOT! Yes the messages i say are repititve and maybe strongful.. but how else am i too stress a point.. Here is the thing it really did not need the 2019 WC debacle for us to already know that we're behind, the evidence was already there - staring at us, but no one wanting to look or either admit it.. YES i will call you guys out-- many do not even admit it that we're no longer top 5 (ANZ, CH, Ir,JP) in region & in producing individual output and gap is widening... pa same tier tier pa... enough of disollusion and hiding please... And hey .. don't fault the messenger(s) for saying as it is...
          Last edited by analyzed; 10-10-2019, 08:30 PM.
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

All these reasons and excuses why NBA. Euro and div 1 scouts are not looking at the Philippines and looking elsewhere ( Yes this is absolutely confirmed with evidence- I see the interest, communications and actual visits) is BS. People just either are not informed or simply don't want to hear the painful truth.

Again, i know where a post like this will be viewed as some kind of demeaning or hate message.. if you really look at it from a 3rd party and step back.. It is NOT! Yes the messages i say are repititve and maybe strongful.. but how else am i too stress a point.. Here is the thing it really did not need the 2019 WC debacle for us to already know that we're behind, the evidence was already there - staring at us, but no one wanting to look or either admit it.. YES i will call you guys out-- many do not even admit it that we're no longer top 5 (ANZ, CH, Ir,JP) in region & in producing individual output and gap is widening... pa same tier tier pa... enough of disollusion and hiding please... And hey .. don't fault the messenger(s) for saying as it is...
            Naku sir Dave..just you watch..the local media and blind-sided true believers are gonna be gloating that the Philippines is still one of the best in Asia and will be feeling proud of themselves once our "star studded" PBA select team starts beating our hapless SEA games neighbors by a minimum of 30 points and win the gold medal! Another face saving move by the PBA to prove that their still the best professional league in Asia.
            Originally posted by PeeZones
            Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

Naku sir Dave..just you watch..the local media and blind-sided true believers are gonna be gloating that the Philippines is still one of the best in Asia and will be feeling proud of themselves once our "star studded" PBA select team starts beating our hapless SEA games neighbors by a minimum of 30 points and win the gold medal! Another face saving move by the PBA to prove that their still the best professional league in Asia.
              Seriously that is an interesting behavior worth studying of how we've kept the general population ill informed and happy - business as usual.. I know this will sound demeaning... but watching the TV shows and local movies being chruned out ( not the criticaly aclaimed ones which i respect) you can see how the system works-- just keep on chruning out what works to get a decent profit from the general popluation- really who cares what the quality is or values it promotes .. kathit garbage... ok lang - may kita naman.. And here is the thing if you want to keep sustainable ( the income ) , eh of course keep your market - ill -informed and just feed them the same garbage.. Ayos ... Will anyone question the same practice and cycle? Of course not - magiging hater yun.. or viewed as proud ash...

Eh ganoon lang talaga... the pitts..

And in all honesty consistent to this thread's title , that is exactly what we need to watch out for- how we run and do things ... seriously we're fooling ourselves... it's like a drug... that makes us forget reality...

Comment

• OT:

he thought he can dominate the fiba world cup..hehe. even the NBA players especially US team having a hard time to adjust. thats the result if you only trained in limited time just like us (phi-gilas). PBA should adapt FIBA rules just like Euroleague. i don’t think NBA will adapt that rules.
                LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                Morayta

Comment

• An 80 pervent accurate open shooter in practice goes down to 50 percent accuracy under the defensive pressure of real games. And that's assuming the guys wisely pick their best shooting opportunities. Against head taller defenders or ones with superior athleticism, that 50% shooting can easily crash down to unwinnable 30 percent accuracy. This is why the padrigaos or jalalons are not vital national team material.

It is therefore logical that the national team players must be the kind with records that show they dont waste vital opportunities by shooting 45-50 percent or better in the heat of real --not practice -- games with championships at stake. Is this possible? Of course. Just check out what korean or australian NT players can dish out. But the sbp, likely because of the heavy pba influence, does not even formally ask players and teams to improve their shooting accuracy in real games as a genuinely concerned teacher or coach will.

Science does help particularly in defense and offensive putbacks. The bigger and more hyperathletic your players are, the better their defensive and opportunistic offense will, absolutely, be. A smarter coach that preps his players to grind down superior teams helps immensely, as he can require very good use of offensive space and passing, as well as smart choosing of spots where his players uniquely and individually have an edge. Do you have national team coaches that consciously go for the hyperathletic mobile biggies in every position in defense where it is in absolute requirement??? Hello??? Doesnt sbp believe that ateneo's 100 percent reliability in stomping out those small uaap teams, even during ateneo's worst shooting days, is not an accident???

There's a science in selecting and developing players that the sbp must never ever ignore. Even the usa baller organization ignores this at its own peril by not using the most reliable players well-tested in quarterfinal to final pressure. I really would like to see their nba-powered olympic teams crash in flames the next time they send non-championship grade players again.
                  Last edited by ccharmed; 10-11-2019, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Expect a grand celebration from foolish people once we win the SEA Games basketball gold. Its as if being the basketball king in South East Asia matters at all. We are sending our very best PBA players to the SEA Games para lang masigurong hindi mananakaw ang gold medal sa atin. Its like we're launching guided missiles just to kill a poor mice.

The idea of sending the PBA's best in the SEA Games only reflects the kind of mentality our basketball stakeholders & officials have. SEA Games basketball gold medal is for me a "fool's gold".
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• So PBA will probably slam dunk the SEA games, a move with college kids and CTG left out, is anyone tracking the outcome as a result of decisions involving the PBA and Al (SBP)? Just asking since the Australian brawl

Comment

• another Australian 7 foot center we don't know about- Jo Lual Acuil https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id...-lual-acuil-jr

he played well vs the Clippers yesterday

in a sense it's really unfair to include Australian in the region, they're really over 25 centers in Australia alone that would dominate the PBA... even Majok of Lebanon is Austalian...

Comment

another Australian 7 foot center we don't know about- Jo Lual Acuil https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id...-lual-acuil-jr

he played well vs the Clippers yesterday

in a sense it's really unfair to include Australian in the region, they're really over 25 centers in Australia alone that would dominate the PBA... even Majok of Lebanon is Austalian...
                          Dont tell that to fans of Junmar and Japhet...

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                            Dont tell that to fans of Junmar and Japhet...
                            It's actually a very intriguing realisation ( the number of African refugess ballers raised in Australia), we played a tournament in Blacktown Sydney- and yes litterally there are whole youth teams of Sudanese / Senegalese decent players.. ( a team full of Kourme's) . I find it intriging in that because they not as well trained as their "white " big men counterparts.. a lot of them don't land in the register of the Australian youth and senior national team programs ( e.g AIS), as a result these guys try to get into a program by passing Australian basketball Program into US colleges that would give them a break.. ( in a sense it's descriminatory- e.g. less privilaged in soceity but actually more talented that don't avail of the best development training) .. Pero they're is no denying the depth of talent in the Australian region.. easily 100 - 6' 10" and above very mobile players...

Comment

It's actually a very intriguing realisation ( the number of African refugess ballers raised in Australia), we played a tournament in Blacktown Sydney- and yes litterally there are whole youth teams of Sudanese / Senegalese decent players.. ( a team full of Kourme's) . I find it intriging in that because they not as well trained as their "white " big men counterparts.. a lot of them don't land in the register of the Australian youth and senior national team programs ( e.g AIS), as a result these guys try to get into a program by passing Australian basketball Program into US colleges that would give them a break.. ( in a sense it's descriminatory- e.g. less privilaged in soceity but actually more talented that don't avail of the best development training) .. Pero they're is no denying the depth of talent in the Australian region.. easily 100 - 6' 10" and above very mobile players...
                              maybe you can recruit some of them for Batang Gilas and seniors hehehe
                              “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

If the Philippines had 10 Kouame(African immigrant) to develop, we wouldn't have a problem in the 4 and 5 spot. At least now we have Kai and AJ, but what if they suffer an injury before a major tournament(FIBA Asia qualifying, World Cup or Olympics) nganga na naman tayo.. As what you are trying to tell us sir, the ratio of of Philippines producing a decent bigmen against Australia I think is 1 is to 40 but a basketball team only needs 3-4 bigmen. Junemar is a special case, I think he has a gigantism condition, late bloomer in basketball, short wingspan for a bigman, problem in lateral quickness, developed in province not in Manila but still you can't ignore the fact that he has the skills of a decent international bigman, he also dominate bigmen that are Manila-produced. If only the Philippines has a luxury of 10 Fajardo to develop, young bigmen the size of Fajardo with long wingspan and agility of a black athlete, then problem solve for the Philippine basketball..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information