Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Eh Australia kasi yun brad. Tayo Pilipinas lang.

Well, I just hope that's not the case. May I ask, did Mojave King spend some time of his life in Australia? Lets say he & his parents stayed in Australia for 4 to 7 years
    Yes they have , he grew up in Ozy, his dad actually is the Nz development manager. And is a kiwi citizen, I actually work with him.. so am aware of the process

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
      Yes they have , he grew up in Ozy, his dad actually is the Nz development manager. And is a kiwi citizen, I actually work with him.. so am aware of the process
      Maybe that's what Australia would use to get an excemption from FIBA - that King spent some years in Australia, hence he is part of Australia's local basketball development.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Yes of course, note they have no ethnicity roots to Australia or parents who are Australian citizens at birth

Comment

Yes of course, note they have no ethnicity roots to Australia or parents who are Australian citizens at birth
          Something we might not be able to use to get an exemption for Remy Martin as Remy is never a part of our local basketball development & I doubt he will ever be
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
            Something we might not be able to use to get an exemption for Remy Martin as Remy is never a part of our local basketball development & I doubt he will ever be
            We'll see, if after Arizona State he moves to straight to the PBA then he is the same as Jawato. Also the Hagop rule can be reformed/abolished with time and pressure.

Comment

• Yuta Watanabe's breakout game in the NBA vs. Orlando Magic, 21 pts 6 rebounds

Comment

• ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I can't help but be envious with Japan for having this kind player. Hope in 5 years time it would be our turn to have such kind of player in our National team.

Comment

• from few days ago

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                    from few days ago

He covered a lot of ground. Do we have any prospect with similar motor? I can only think of Scottie but he's 8 inches shorter. Even Abueva isn't that quick..

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                      Yuta Watanabe's breakout game in the NBA vs. Orlando Magic, 21 pts 6 rebounds

Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                      He covered a lot of ground. Do we have any prospect with similar motor? I can only think of Scottie but he's 8 inches shorter. Even Abueva isn't that quick..
                      Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I can't help but be envious with Japan for having this kind player. Hope in 5 years time it would be our turn to have such kind of player in our National team.
                      and he played in non major school in US. low to mid.. he was exposed in that environment. went undrafted, summer league route then got the 2 way contract with memphis and now he regularly plays rotation minutes for raptors..

it’s not necessary that our prospects plays in high major schools.. low to mid should do.
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• For the meantime we have to accept the reality that currently we don't had the personnel to much up with the Hachimura-Watanabe tandem, Our current prospects are still young and a few inch shorter to somehow offset the particular position that we are lacking e.g. SG and the SF spot.

Comment

• We do have, kamaka hepa ineligible, qmb ineligible, ron harper jr might be ineligible, best shot term and thru residency cs
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Being a develolmental team.. that 2 year layoff will hurt our national team program..
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• I also don't think we have a eligible guard of Baba's length and athleticism to guard PGs

Comment

I also don't think we have a eligible guard of Baba's length and athleticism to guard PGs
                                Do we have a local guard who can be as productive as Baba in the NBL?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information