Page 1 of 260 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Default What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Previous thread is here

The last few pages of the previous thread were a bit out of place. Let's avoid it this time guys.

ggg.jpg

Hagop's DREAM tEAM

HAHAHHA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    Previous thread is here

The last few pages of the previous thread were a bit out of place. Let's avoid it this time guys.
    I think its premature closure of the previous thread.
    We had some thread closure because of word wars and OTs. And this time again a closure was the solution.
    At least make it 75 pages or 80. Or let the heat die naturally
    Just a suggestion.

_____

If we qualify for FIBA world championship, will FIBA Asia still have a say on our line-up for the world championship? Will another lutz-lassiter scenario occur if we use the likes of banchero,holt, and clarkson in the world stage?
    Darling it's better
    Down where it's wetter
    Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by toikins View Post
    I think its premature closure of the previous thread.
    We had some thread closure because of word wars and OTs. And this time again a closure was the solution.
    At least make it 75 pages or 80. Or let the heat die naturally
    Just a suggestion.

_____

If we qualify for FIBA world championship, will FIBA Asia still have a say on our line-up for the world championship? Will another lutz-lassiter scenario occur if we use the likes of banchero,holt, and clarkson in the world stage?
    If only that was easy. There's always the trouble of someone pouring gas over a few embers resulting to some campers getting kicked out. Learned that the hard way. Better to snuff out the entire fire entirely before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketstar47 View Post
    ggg.jpg

Hagop's DREAM tEAM

HAHAHHA
    wow i didnt know Jax Vroman is 7 feet tall and El Khatib is a part of the Detroit Pistons lol
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    If only that was easy. There's always the trouble of someone pouring gas over a few embers resulting to some campers getting kicked out. Learned that the hard way. Better to snuff out the entire fire entirely before that happens.
    Just like the Spratley's eh? The powers that be want a rather diplomatic solution? Respect to sinobball but he brought it to himself who threw around some wild accusations too. Agree with Toikens, let's roll the dice and discuss it openly-- i'd assue sino want it that way too. i'd like to believe we are mature people here so there is no real fire that would be considered a real danger
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Just like the Spratley's eh? The powers that be want a rather diplomatic solution? Respect to sinobball but he brought it to himself who threw around some wild accusations too. Agree with Toikens, let's roll the dice and discuss it openly-- i'd assue sino want it that way too. i'd like to believe we are mature people here so there is no real fire that would be considered a real danger
    For someone to jump on another boat, bashing on how terrible the boat, is obviously looking for a fight. I don't see any maturity in that act. I'd say not worth the time...

Quote Originally Posted by ArAg0n View Post
    For someone to jump on another boat, bashing on how terrible the boat, is obviously looking for a fight. I don't see any maturity in that act. I'd say not worth the time...
    To each his own i guess. (As a billion Chinese laughs behind our back because we can't fight/defend our own forum-- cum "territory" )

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by rocketstar47 View Post
    ggg.jpg

Hagop's DREAM tEAM

HAHAHHA
    Lol.. It's really sad that some people in wikipedia are trying to be funny when they mention Roy Samaha as playing for Barcelona and Fadi El Khatib with the Detroit Pistons...

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    Lol.. It's really sad that some people in wikipedia are trying to be funny when they mention Roy Samaha as playing for Barcelona and Fadi El Khatib with the Detroit Pistons...
    maybe "create players syndrome" too much NBA2k12.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    wow i didnt know Jax Vroman is 7 feet tall and El Khatib is a part of the Detroit Pistons lol
    hahaha it seems many errors for wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    Sometimes wikipedia had some inconsistencies in information.

To each his own i guess. (As a billion Chinese laughs behind our back because we can't fight/defend our own forum-- cum "territory" )
    Point taken. Now let's burn that &(#*%$!

Grizzlies re-sign C Haddadi - Jul 29, 2012

POSTED BY: EUROBASKET NEWS

The Memphis Grizzlies have re-signed center Hamed Haddadi (7'2''-C-85).

Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Haddadi, 27, averaged 2.0 points and 2.0 rebounds along with 0.74 blocks in just under six minutes over 35 games for Memphis last season.

The Iranian national has career averages of 2.1 points and 2.2 rebounds in 121 games over four seasons with the Grizzlies. In Iran, he played for Saba Battery and Paykan Teheran.

Courtesy of www.kansascity.com
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

He has played decent in the few games that he was used. But with Gasol in front of him, he has no chance of getting any playing time unless Gasol gets injured. And they already have a solid frontline with Speights, Zbo, Arthur. Still, good for his development as he's facing Gasol every practice.

I wish he signed with a team like Chicago as a replacement for Asik. He'll have to sign for the minimum but atleast he has a chance to get some playing time.

Lots of good points from this article:

NBA owners want to kill Olympic format to protect investment in international players

It is an issue because it transcends Team USA, and that's something that Bryant, Kevin Love, several more teammates, and the public still haven't grasped. This isn't about sending young Americans to the Olympics to play older teams, but the NBA cutting a deal with FIBA to make the Olympics a completely under-23 tournament. For NBA teams, the ability to control their talent in a rebranded World Cup of Basketball goes far past benefiting financially in ways that the IOC will never allow.
    This is the fight now, but everyone knows how it will end: The owners are organized, unified, and determined to make the World Cup of Basketball the financial boon that they always believed a European expansion of NBA franchises could be for them. They're determined to control the way that medical staff administer to players in whom they've invested hundreds of millions of dollars, control the circumstances under which those players are cleared to play with injury, and ultimately, control the fate of guaranteed contracts they're obligated to pay.
    As one Western Conference GM told Yahoo! Sports, in responding to Team USA players saying they want final say over whether they play in the Olympics: "If players take this control, should they also take the risk on their contract money?"
    Good bye McGee if shit hits the fan (meaning NBA owners win their battle against IOC)... Plus it would lessen the prestige of the Olympics too. Reading the article, you really can't blame the owners for pushing for a US and/or Olympics U23 format...

SMALLBALL, bitches..

From the same article (i just finished it ), and probably the most important:

In the end, Bryant and James deliver incredible revenue and value to the Olympic basketball tournament, and the owners are tired of watching the IOC bank it. Yet the motivation of changing the Olympic basketball format goes far deeper than Team USA, than the sports' biggest stars. The biggest fights between owners and players always do.

And yet, just remember how those fights always end, who always wins. There sat Kobe and LeBron on Sunday, watching the final minutes of one more USA Basketball blowout together under the Olympic rings. Take a good long look at them here in London, and understand that we'll never, ever see this again.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Lots of good points from this article:

NBA owners want to kill Olympic format to protect investment in international players

Good bye McGee if shit hits the fan (meaning NBA owners win their battle against IOC)... Plus it would lessen the prestige of the Olympics too. Reading the article, you really can't blame the owners for pushing for a US and/or Olympics U23 format...
    not really goodbye Mcgee.. because he can still participate in the qualifiers and the World Cup of Basketball-if ever we qualify.. the NBA sometimes is "stupid" like the PBA before that they don't know what really is happening outside of their league.. so if they implement the U-23 format, how about the qualifiers? does that mean the qualifiers are also U-23?

and for the NBA to fully implement this, then they have to deal with other businessmen in the Euroleague and ACB Liga Endesa and other leagues in Europe.. and don't forget the powerful Chinese population..

this is another case wherein the NBA thinks they are above the rest.. yes they are but this is a political game and if the NBA doesn't convince the other leagues in the World, then it would be difficult for them to pull this off..

and i really don't get the point of the NBA.. they say it is an U-23 tournament.. so for example they implement it this year, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Kevin Love, Davis all of them are still eligible, they are superstars of their teams.. not as bankable as bryant and james but superstars nonetheless..

Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    not really goodbye Mcgee.. because he can still participate in the qualifiers and the World Cup of Basketball-if ever we qualify.. the NBA sometimes is "stupid" like the PBA before that they don't know what really is happening outside of their league.. so if they implement the U-23 format, how about the qualifiers? does that mean the qualifiers are also U-23?

and for the NBA to fully implement this, then they have to deal with other businessmen in the Euroleague and ACB Liga Endesa and other leagues in Europe.. and don't forget the powerful Chinese population..

this is another case wherein the NBA thinks they are above the rest.. yes they are but this is a political game and if the NBA doesn't convince the other leagues in the World, then it would be difficult for them to pull this off..

and i really don't get the point of the NBA.. they say it is an U-23 tournament.. so for example they implement it this year, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Kevin Love, Davis all of them are still eligible, they are superstars of their teams.. not as bankable as bryant and james but superstars nonetheless..
    Unfortunately, they are above the rest. FIBA rules adjusting to NBA rules? Guess who won that battle?

And they (NBA owners) will do everything to protect their investment. That's quite understandable too.

You also conveniently forgot to read the part (a case of again, jumping the gun prematurely, so true to many, many superfans) where IOC is the main "enemy" of the NBA here-- it's practically because the NBA/NBA owners does NOT profit from these games. Knowing that, it's makes sense what the owners want.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Re: McGee, you are correct that it does not necessarily mean that he can't play for us but negotiations with owners will be quite difficult if most owners have this strict rules in place for team members who would want to play for their NT (insurance, etc)

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Page 1 of 260 1231151101 ... LastLast