Page 274 of 278 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 5551

Thread: What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

  1. #5461
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    PH fans and maybe some coaches too are afraid of giving minutes to younger players. Baka daw mamain sa laro. We should stop this mentality, how else our young guys will gain experience if we are too scared of them getting raped on the floor?

    May I remind everyone that Ricky Rubio was the starting PG on the Spanish team that won the silver medal in the 2008 Olympics at just 18 years old, and he did just fine.
    I hope coach Dickel and Tab don't listen to these some fans comment section.. putting younger players is the best way to develop them in a right way.. Did anyone is Hamoda was bullied by his opponents? NO, right!! and don't listen on some Pinoy coaches always worried that "Hey, This guy will getting bullied, He's too young".. That is the stupid that i heard in our basketball program...

  2. #5462
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,414
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    PH fans and maybe some coaches too are afraid of giving minutes to younger players. Baka daw mamain sa laro. We should stop this mentality, how else our young guys will gain experience if we are too scared of them getting raped on the floor?

    May I remind everyone that Ricky Rubio was the starting PG on the Spanish team that won the silver medal in the 2008 Olympics at just 18 years old, and he did just fine.
    Indeed. In other words we are babying our young players. They already did that with Japeth and Paras in their younger years.

    Luka is playing against pro when he is 13 yrs old, YES, fucking 13 years Old!!!!!. Rubio as teenager leads spain to fiba europe championships and medal finishes. He also help spain scared USA in 2008 Olympics. And Recently, Sekou Dembouya and Goga Budatze played in ruroleagur as 15 years old!!!!. They also represent their national team.

    If you really want to invest for the future. Your gilas roster must be half batang gilas players. Kai,Edu,Panopio, Ildefonso,Tamayo,Paras. Then the gilas full time special draftees. And then. Get some pba players to guide them.

  3. #5463
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Indeed. In other words we are babying our young players. They already did that with Japeth and Paras in their younger years.

    Luka is playing against pro when he is 13 yrs old, YES, fucking 13 years Old!!!!!. Rubio as teenager leads spain to fiba europe championships and medal finishes. He also help spain scared USA in 2008 Olympics. And Recently, Sekou Dembouya and Goga Budatze played in ruroleagur as 15 years old!!!!. They also represent their national team.

    If you really want to invest for the future. Your gilas roster must be half batang gilas players. Kai,Edu,Panopio, Ildefonso,Tamayo,Paras. Then the gilas full time special draftees. And then. Get some pba players to guide them.
    Bahrain will be lucky in that 18 year old guy.. playing 28 significant mins. and one of their key players at very young age.. They can build a system with him as an anchor in the future.. actually Indonesia fielding a 16 year old guy named Derrick Micheal and a 19 year old named Kelvin Sanjaya.. Did we see them getting bullied? answer is NO!! maybe they played only little minutes but still good enough to gain experience and fasten their development.. putting a national team is not an "all-star event game" like what most of the fans like to see.. We like a very competitive team that consist of good set of players that is exact in a team.. and also fans should stop these post that youngsters will bully when they in there.. they should be calm down and support..

  4. #5464
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,414
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Bahrain will be lucky in that 18 year old guy.. playing 28 significant mins. and one of their key players at very young age.. They can build a system with him as an anchor in the future.. actually Indonesia fielding a 16 year old guy named Derrick Micheal and a 19 year old named Kelvin Sanjaya.. Did we see them getting bullied? answer is NO!! maybe they played only little minutes but still good enough to gain experience and fasten their development.. putting a national team is not an "all-star event game" like what most of the fans like to see.. We like a very competitive team that consist of good set of players that is exact in a team.. and also fans should stop these post that youngsters will bully when they in there.. they should be calm down and support..
    Dont worry, I think Coach tab is going towards the direction you want

  5. #5465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,435
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    PH fans and maybe some coaches too are afraid of giving minutes to younger players. Baka daw mamain sa laro. We should stop this mentality, how else our young guys will gain experience if we are too scared of them getting raped on the floor?

    May I remind everyone that Ricky Rubio was the starting PG on the Spanish team that won the silver medal in the 2008 Olympics at just 18 years old, and he did just fine.
    This is what dumb fans had been saying during the Gilas-1 program.

    Lets put it this way, If Kai Sotto is matched-up with a Junmar Fajardo right now, Junmar would be able to outmuscle Kai most of the time inside the shaded lane. But fastforward 3 years from now, things would be very very different in so far as the Kai Sotto-Junmar Fajardo match-up. The tables would be turned upside down.

    Some people are just too dumb to realise this.

    Hindi raw kasalanan ang maging bobo. Ang kasalanan ay ang pagiging bobo pero astang matalino.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  6. #5466
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,435
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I hope coach Dickel and Tab don't listen to these some fans comment section.. putting younger players is the best way to develop them in a right way.. Did anyone is Hamoda was bullied by his opponents? NO, right!! and don't listen on some Pinoy coaches always worried that "Hey, This guy will getting bullied, He's too young".. That is the stupid that i heard in our basketball program...
    For sure they won't.

    What does that make you if you listen to the dumb & the narrow-minded people? Tab & Dickel for sure are smart enough & have minds of their own.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  7. #5467
    Member anon9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    94
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    This is what dumb fans had been saying during the Gilas-1 program.

    Lets put it this way, If Kai Sotto is matched-up with a Junmar Fajardo right now, Junmar would be able to outmuscle Kai most of the time inside the shaded lane. But fastforward 3 years from now, things would be very very different in so far as the Kai Sotto-Junmar Fajardo match-up. The tables would be turned upside down.

    Some people are just too dumb to realise this.

    Hindi raw kasalanan ang maging bobo. Ang kasalanan ay ang pagiging bobo pero astang matalino.
    reminds me of dumb Lakers fans in the late 90s when they didn't want Kobe to start due to Eddie Jones.

    EJ was a star at that time but Kobe was the better player moving forward. Just shows that management doesn't have faith but will wait to ride the coattails and revise history if the prospect succeeds.

    Gilas shouldn't be in win now mode as they aren't even close. The OKC model of growing pains and losing 90 percent of the time is what helped Ibaka, Durant, Westbrook, and Harden develop. Jeff Green and Eric Maynor didnt pan out but there is no regrets as they showed they weren't IT. Let the prospects play and see if they sink or swim, if they fail then move on and give them a lesser role. But they have to be given a chance to play to determine that.

  8. #5468
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    650
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I suggest you guys read articles for the quotes of the people who matter, not for the opinion of “analysts” and most of all not for the comment section.

    Now if the people in charge opt to give chance to the ”present” instead of allowing the development of the ”future”, then it’s easy to discern na what it says about them and they’re priorities. And dun sa priorities n yun sila dapat ina-attack and kine-question.

  9. #5469
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,414
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    This is what dumb fans had been saying during the Gilas-1 program.

    Lets put it this way, If Kai Sotto is matched-up with a Junmar Fajardo right now, Junmar would be able to outmuscle Kai most of the time inside the shaded lane. But fastforward 3 years from now, things would be very very different in so far as the Kai Sotto-Junmar Fajardo match-up. The tables would be turned upside down.

    Some people are just too dumb to realise this.

    Hindi raw kasalanan ang maging bobo. Ang kasalanan ay ang pagiging bobo pero astang matalino.
    In short, expose our young players early in senior international competitions

  10. #5470
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    new naturalized player for Taiwan?

    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  11. #5471
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,414
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Spain lost to Poland.

    Serbia lost to georgia.

    Classic examples of "The ball is round". Hope gilas will not suffer the same fate against thailand

  12. #5472
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,459
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Spain lost to Poland.

    Serbia lost to georgia.

    Classic examples of "The ball is round". Hope gilas will not suffer the same fate against thailand
    Lithuania lost to Belgium

  13. #5473
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Marc J. Spears
    @MarcJSpearsESPN

    Pelicans big man Jahlil Obika Okafor has committed to play with the Nigerian men’s basketball team in 2020 Tokyo Olympics for head coach Mike Brown, he told @TheUndefeated. Okafor’s grandfather Chicko Okafor hails from Enugu, Nigeria.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    its either that Okafor got his Nigerian passport before he turned 16, or he will play as a naturalized player. I hope FIBA enforces the Hagop Rule to all countries and not just to a certain few. ( Hello Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico! )

  14. #5474
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Marc J. Spears
    @MarcJSpearsESPN

    Pelicans big man Jahlil Obika Okafor has committed to play with the Nigerian men’s basketball team in 2020 Tokyo Olympics for head coach Mike Brown, he told @TheUndefeated. Okafor’s grandfather Chicko Okafor hails from Enugu, Nigeria.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    its either that Okafor got his Nigerian passport before he turned 16, or he will play as a naturalized player. I hope FIBA enforces the Hagop Rule to all countries and not just to a certain few. ( Hello Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico! )
    He's born in the USA and played for their under 17 team.

  15. #5475
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    He's born in the USA and played for their under 17 team.
    Hahahah olympic movement pre.. christian standhardinger case, sa atin lang namn to big deal

    The way i see it in 2023 kai sotto, clarkson and jalen green will play for the philippines
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  16. #5476
    Senior Member DenzelGreat8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    440
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    If I'm correct, Olympics uses the same eligibility rules as the Asian games in regards to local issues (Pringle, CS, and Clarkson classified as locals). Thoughts on this?

  17. #5477
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,243
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Hahahah olympic movement pre.. christian standhardinger case, sa atin lang namn to big deal

    The way i see it in 2023 kai sotto, clarkson and jalen green will play for the philippines
    thumbs up to that bro

  18. #5478
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,414
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Marc J. Spears
    @MarcJSpearsESPN

    Pelicans big man Jahlil Obika Okafor has committed to play with the Nigerian men’s basketball team in 2020 Tokyo Olympics for head coach Mike Brown, he told @TheUndefeated. Okafor’s grandfather Chicko Okafor hails from Enugu, Nigeria.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    its either that Okafor got his Nigerian passport before he turned 16, or he will play as a naturalized player. I hope FIBA enforces the Hagop Rule to all countries and not just to a certain few. ( Hello Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico! )
    Hagop rule doesnt apply on olympics. Even Antetokoumpo brothers can play for nigeria if they want to.

    Fiba tournaments only applies the hagop rule. And olympics are not under fiba

  19. #5479
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,414
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    If I'm correct, Olympics uses the same eligibility rules as the Asian games in regards to local issues (Pringle, CS, and Clarkson classified as locals). Thoughts on this?
    Correct, We can play as many as Fil foreign players we want as long as they have a philippine passport regardless of when they got it

  20. #5480
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    one of the naturalized players of Japan. He made more than decent numbers

    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Page 274 of 278 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •