Page 270 of 276 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 5517

Thread: What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

team china already announced their 24-man line up.

http://www.fiba.basketball/asiacup/2...021-qualifiers

2 players are still in high school while 4 are still college. the majority are either rookies or sophomores in cba.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    team china already announced their 24-man line up.

http://www.fiba.basketball/asiacup/2...021-qualifiers

2 players are still in high school while 4 are still college. the majority are either rookies or sophomores in cba.
    Oh. They are also in a transition period. That is why china is always contender, they expose their young players early.

Guam's coach Brent Tripton has some cool analysis about NZ's offensive sets:

https://twitter.com/coachbtipton

https://twitter.com/i/status/1219579861204787202
    Brent Tipton
    @coachbtipton
    In this clip, the PGs defender switches on to Abercrombie, so instead of flaring the screen, he leverages his advantage by inverting the curl on the Ricky screen.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1219576115217330176
    Brent Tipton
    @coachbtipton

New Zealand’s Offensive Concepts Thread ⬇️⬇️
    Pistols Dribble Ricky

One thing NZ tracks is how many times they get the ball below FT line extended by 17 seconds left on the shot clock. Pistol actions is a great way to “hurry up” defense and NZ uses Pistol actions frequently.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1219575702145523716

Brent Tipton
    @coachbtipton
    ·
    4h
    1️⃣ On-ball defender must impact the ball by “jumping the hip” and being very evasive.
    2️⃣Neutralize the Get by forcing the receiver out laterally
    3️⃣ On the handback, on-ball defender must distort the dribble angle out laterally to re-establish chest to chest positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    regardless, Guam is still a solid team, some players might be aging and should have good young replacements.But the guys who have played as imports in the NBL and else where will be a big factor for Guam.Curtis and Washington will play like imports.I think if this team is in the ASEAN region, we would have not made so many championships.
    So they already announce their 24 man pool... interesting that Jericho Cruz name is there!! will he join Guam? this line up is the best Guam can offer right now.. could be their starting 5 - Galloway, Washington, Wesley, Cruz and Ross... deadly 5 of Guam.. this is better than most of Asian teams starting 5..

https://www.facebook.com/guambasketb...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    So they already announce their 24 man pool... interesting that Jericho Cruz name is there!! will he join Guam? this line up is the best Guam can offer right now.. could be their starting 5 - Galloway, Washington, Wesley, Cruz and Ross... deadly 5 of Guam.. this is better than most of Asian teams starting 5..

There is a chance. Will ros let him? Jericho may be interested. He will never be considered in succeeding gilas rosters

The Han subjugation of Xinjiang is important for sports as well. The Uyghurs have the same muscular built, heft and height as the West Asians. We've already seen Abdusalamu Abdurexiti, more are coming Asia's way... 2 new Uyhgurs are in this 24-man pool of China
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    There is a chance. Will ros let him? Jericho may be interested. He will never be considered in succeeding gilas rosters
    He is now at NLEX.. i think they will release Jericho for national team duties.. he's not marquee player anyway, unlike Kiefer..

ah ok.I'm confused all of a sudden.So he "may" play for Guam after all.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

the next Indonesian CJ Perez?

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

He is now at NLEX.. i think they will release Jericho for national team duties.. he's not marquee player anyway, unlike Kiefer..
    Oh yeah. I forgot. Will nlex let him? Maybe because cruz can develop there. And yeah he is not a key player

ah ok.I'm confused all of a sudden.So he "may" play for Guam after all.

Washington, Ross, Wesley Bros., Galloway and Jericho Cruz can put Guam to a contender.. even better than teams like Lebanon, Jordan and give like us, Korea and China a hard time.. put them play together for atleast a year eh they are so dangerous.. I don't see rebuilding/revamping taiwan or Indonesia/ Thailand can beat them in their final qualifying match..

Washington, Ross, Wesley Bros., Galloway and Jericho Cruz can put Guam to a contender.. even better than teams like Lebanon, Jordan and give like us, Korea and China a hard time.. put them play together for atleast a year eh they are so dangerous.. I don't see rebuilding/revamping taiwan or Indonesia/ Thailand can beat them in their final qualifying match..
    plus the possibility of pinoy fans cheering for them because of Jericho Cruz.their top players have experience playing in the Australian NBL makes it a plus too.Given a time to play together they might become one of the dark horses maybe beating teams like Taiwan,Kazakhstan and Qatar who knows.

plus the possibility of pinoy fans cheering for them because of Jericho Cruz.their top players have experience playing in the Australian NBL makes it a plus too.Given a time to play together they might become one of the dark horses maybe beating teams like Taiwan,Kazakhstan and Qatar who knows.
    Didnt know guam has a decent team. They are just unfortunate with their bracket. But Im sure they will beat hongkong

I don't know about the status of their players but if all those players are locals,then it would mean that they could still avail the services of a naturalized player.They have two decent big men already,imagine if they have another import type center.they're going from decent to scary capable of beating teams like Jordan,Lebanon or even Korea.to sum it up everybody beside Australia will be fair game.

I hope Gilas can play Guam someday. Just so we can see Beau Belga play against Billy Belger.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    I hope Gilas can play Guam someday. Just so we can see Beau Belga play against Billy Belger.
    Guam is our little brother historically, as they are part of Philippines until end of WW2/American colonization.. When we get our independence from Americans eh Guam decided still to be part of American territory.. More Pinoys also in Guam.. Hoping to be match with them in a home and away series..

OT: This is how crazy Lebanese fans are for basketball and their intense rivalry in sports and politics.truly that politics and sports should not mix.

Last edited by Alex07; 01-23-2020 at 05:35 AM.

This is the profile of Guam 24-man based on my research (some of the player's takes time to find):

Centers

Jonathan Galloway 6'11 23y/o
    Curtis Washington 6'10 28 y/o
    Mekeli Wesley 6'9 40 y/o
    Matt Fegurgur 6'7 20 y/o
    Ben Borja 6'6 21 y/o

Forwards

Mark Johnson 6'6
    Earnest Ross 6'5 28 y/o
    Mike Sakazaki 6'5 24 y/o
    Ollie Bradley 6'5
    Russell Wesley 6'4 38 y/o
    Tai Wesley 6'4 33 y/o
    Joe Blas 6'3 31 y/o
    Takumi Simon 6'2 19 y/o

Guards

Daren Hechanova 6'3 26 y/o
    Will Stinett 6'3 34 y/o
    Chris Conner 6'2 21 y/o
    Mike Quan 6'2
    Earvin Jose 6'1 27 y/o
    Jericho Cruz 6'0 29 y/o
    Tomas Calvo 5'10 19y/o
    Billy Belger 5'10 22 y/o
    AJ Carlos 5'10 26 y/o
    Michael Yoo Dong-Min 5'10 20 y/o
    JP Cruz 5'8 34 y/o

This is a decent size team. Mixed of young and old players. If Wesley trio retires, there are many players that can replace them.

Their bigs are relatively young except Mekeli. Lots of tall forwards and guards.

Many are playing overseas both in college or professional leagues. Some are also playing Guam Basketball Association.

Many are of either American and Filipino heritage. There are also Koreans and Japanese in the roster.

This team, imo, can beat Taiwan, Iraq, Kazakhstan-level teams.

Note:I also posted it in another thread.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Yuta watanabe has been doing well in the g league recently went off for 40, if he can keep this up not the 40 but having good games and dominating won’t be surprised if he gets called up.

Yudai baba also starting to find his groove having a few double digit games in the g league for his team and steadily improving

Page 270 of 276 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272 ... LastLast