Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    U mean the B-league, right?

I say its not a lot better than the PBA. Maybe slightly better only because of the presence of 2 imports in every team (other teams have as many as 3 imports counting the "naturalized" players in which there are a number of in the B-league).

But while the B-league is really not a significantly better league than the PBA, the style of play there is closer to the FIBA style of play as compared to how close (or how far) the style of game is in the PBA from the FIBA style of game. I think this aspect matters a lot in so far as how the National teams of Japan & the Philippines fare in international competitions.
    If there's one thing I can change in Pba. It's the officiating. In Pba, Playing physical is acceptable, not the case with Fiba. Pba referees are also not calling the travellings that fiba referees are calling. Especially supetstar calls,nothing such thing is this in fiba. We must adopt to fiba rules.

I want all teams to adopt euro style, but how can we do that. The only way is make our court as small as in euroleague so pba teams will be force to play eurostyle. The problem is the coach, european coach is needed, but kawawa naman filipino coaches, maybe consultant na lang yung european coach muna like dickel. ( This is very unlikely)

2000-2010- subpar performances
    2011-2019- better performance, able to enter world cup.
    2020-2030 will be the golden age of Phil. Basketball. Will be able to enter Olympics!

Comment

• Reposted:

6'8 SF Chien-Hao Ma
      New Taipei City, Taiwan
      The Skills Factory (yes, Kai's team-mate)

at 3:38 he plays alongside fellow Asian Kai

Comment

• NBL clubs to lure away from current college commitments is Hyungjung Lee. Lee, as part of the NBA Academy, was based in Australia last year, playing NBL1 last season with the Centre of Excellence (CoE), dominated the U18 Asian Championships to the tune of 26 points, 10.3 rebounds and 6 assists a contest, and is having an outstanding freshman season for Davidson, averaging 8.3 points on a TS% of .667.

At 6’7, with his combination of prolific shooting, rebounding, passing acumen, I would consider Lee to be a legitimate chance to be considered at the NBA level. If not, the South Korean Lee would figure to to fall under the Asian Player exception and could have an exceptional NBL career as a local.
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
          NBL clubs to lure away from current college commitments is Hyungjung Lee. Lee, as part of the NBA Academy, was based in Australia last year, playing NBL1 last season with the Centre of Excellence (CoE), dominated the U18 Asian Championships to the tune of 26 points, 10.3 rebounds and 6 assists a contest, and is having an outstanding freshman season for Davidson, averaging 8.3 points on a TS% of .667.

At 6’7, with his combination of prolific shooting, rebounding, passing acumen, I would consider Lee to be a legitimate chance to be considered at the NBA level. If not, the South Korean Lee would figure to to fall under the Asian Player exception and could have an exceptional NBL career as a local.
          Interesting. Our neighbors is getting stronger too. Not only us.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            NBL clubs to lure away from current college commitments is Hyungjung Lee. Lee, as part of the NBA Academy, was based in Australia last year, playing NBL1 last season with the Centre of Excellence (CoE), dominated the U18 Asian Championships to the tune of 26 points, 10.3 rebounds and 6 assists a contest, and is having an outstanding freshman season for Davidson, averaging 8.3 points on a TS% of .667.

nbl 1 can be good option as well.. 17 teams with most of them are based on one state.. competition wise good for our players like kobe, 1gdl, dave in the future..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• NBL is the third best league behind NBA and Euroleague. If Thirdy wants to compete with the best, he must try NBL instead of B league. Competition wise. Another thing, maybe Coach Tab can help him secure at least a practice spot with NZ Breakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by wowow View Post
                NBL is the third best league behind NBA and Euroleague. If Thirdy wants to compete with the best, he must try NBL instead of B league. Competition wise. Another thing, maybe Coach Tab can help him secure at least a practice spot with NZ Breakers.
                tough for thirdy to crack NBL.. he can in nbl 1..semi pro league here but competition is good. some nbl guys also plays in nbl 1 or former seabl.. hope future pinoy ballers will consider playing here in nbl 1

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  tough for thirdy to crack NBL.. he can in nbl 1..semi pro league here but competition is good. some nbl guys also plays in nbl 1 or former seabl.. hope future pinoy ballers will consider playing here in nbl 1
                  Yes, it can be tough for him but he wants to exhaust his full potential then he must go where the competition is good-or best. I really don't know why Filipinos don't even consider going down under to play bball.

Comment

Yes, it can be tough for him but he wants to exhaust his full potential then he must go where the competition is good-or best. I really don't know why Filipinos don't even consider going down under to play bball.
                    Well, it is tough for filipino players to play overseas without sponsors

Comment

tough to crack here to be honest.. JF can be a good back up center here.. look at heijima. as good as he is, he didn't last long here for brisbane bullets last season..

nbl1 has good competition as well. like what i said, nbl 1 has some nbl players playing good for thirdy..

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                        tough to crack here to be honest.. JF can be a good back up center here.. look at heijima. as good as he is, he didn't last long here for brisbane bullets last season..

nbl1 has good competition as well. like what i said, nbl 1 has some nbl players playing good for thirdy..
                        Wow, that means the level of nbl is insane. Are you trying to say that it is easier for asian to crack the rotation in euroleague than nbl? Thirdy must go to euroleague if thats the case. the problem is euroleague teams is not interested with thirdy. Kai is the only player they want.

So, last option for thirdy is japan b league. It's also a great way to scout and study japanese basketball system.

Comment

• YouTube has the weirdest recommendations. Just now, I had a notification for an Indonesian high school game: https://youtu.be/mqTUqoFqHM0

While you could see how raw they are in terms of skill, they're not really that much shorter than our HS students. One team even has a half-African wing player, could be 6'1" or so. With Indonesia's population starting to discover basketball, they could crowd Thailand and Malaysia for second place in SEABA in a couple of years. Sucks that there might not be a SEABA U16 this year.
                          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                            YouTube has the weirdest recommendations. Just now, I had a notification for an Indonesian high school game: https://youtu.be/mqTUqoFqHM0

While you could see how raw they are in terms of skill, they're not really that much shorter than our HS students. One team even has a half-African wing player, could be 6'1" or so. With Indonesia's population starting to discover basketball, they could crowd Thailand and Malaysia for second place in SEABA in a couple of years. Sucks that there might not be a SEABA U16 this year.
                            You already said it befire, Indonesia has a solid following in basketball, not unlike soccer in philippines..
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                              You already said it befire, Indonesia has a solid following in basketball, not unlike soccer in philippines..
                              If you had cable in the late 90s, MTV Asia had a video for an Idonesian pesta rap song about basketball in heavy rotation and ESPN showed Kobatama League games. Plus you have people like Erick Thohir who are really passionate about the game and have the resources to promote it. Our football federation leaders should take a cue from our southern neighbors about promoting a secondary sport.
                              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                                Indonesia has more than twice the population of the Philippines.With the proper mindset and program and financial support,who knows what will happen in a few years.
                                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information