Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
    If the Philippines had 10 Kouame(African immigrant) to develop, we wouldn't have a problem in the 4 and 5 spot. At least now we have Kai and AJ, but what if they suffer an injury before a major tournament(FIBA Asia qualifying, World Cup or Olympics) nganga na naman tayo.. As what you are trying to tell us sir, the ratio of of Philippines producing a decent bigmen against Australia I think is 1 is to 40 but a basketball team only needs 3-4 bigmen. Junemar is a special case, I think he has a gigantism condition, late bloomer in basketball, short wingspan for a bigman, problem in lateral quickness, developed in province not in Manila but still you can't ignore the fact that he has the skills of a decent international bigman, he also dominate bigmen that are Manila-produced. If only the Philippines has a luxury of 10 Fajardo to develop, young bigmen the size of Fajardo with long wingspan and agility of a black athlete, then problem solve for the Philippine basketball..
    Thing is, we really can't have even 1 Kouame bec. they will have no league to play in after they graduate from college. PBA AFC bans foreigners and Govs cup bans big men. how can you be enticed by playing 4 mos. a year
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Junemar? Top 26 center of Asia

Originally posted by tomcat View Post
      If the Philippines had 10 Kouame(African immigrant) to develop, we wouldn't have a problem in the 4 and 5 spot. At least now we have Kai and AJ, but what if they suffer an injury before a major tournament(FIBA Asia qualifying, World Cup or Olympics) nganga na naman tayo.. As what you are trying to tell us sir, the ratio of of Philippines producing a decent bigmen against Australia I think is 1 is to 40 but a basketball team only needs 3-4 bigmen. Junemar is a special case, I think he has a gigantism condition, late bloomer in basketball, short wingspan for a bigman, problem in lateral quickness, developed in province not in Manila but still you can't ignore the fact that he has the skills of a decent international bigman, he also dominate bigmen that are Manila-produced. If only the Philippines has a luxury of 10 Fajardo to develop, young bigmen the size of Fajardo with long wingspan and agility of a black athlete, then problem solve for the Philippine basketball..

Comment

• All credit to Junmar for devoloping an offensive game of international standard. Junmar is obviously more skilled than Kouame, but if you're asking me whose more valuable for the international game I have to admit it is Kouame, defensive impact for a center is just so critical especially for the Philippines for FIBA success.
        So as not to offend anyone, yes I don't think Kouame currently is a top 25 center in the region, ganoon lang. It is what it is, they're just so much depth talent in the region especially counting Australia (Ranked 3rd in world)
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
          Thing is, we really can't have even 1 Kouame bec. they will have no league to play in after they graduate from college. PBA AFC bans foreigners and Govs cup bans big men. how can you be enticed by playing 4 mos. a year
          What I'm trying to say is if only the Philippines has a law that can naturalize a minor(through immigrant/refugee family from Africa) then maybe we'll have a large pool of bigmen to choose to. Also if you're an African who want to migrate or seek refuge with your family in other countries, why willyou choose a Third- world country like the Philippines instead of Australia or other 1st-world countries?

Comment

• analyzed:

Parang may halo pa rin sarcasm?

Agree, if SBP wants to naturalize Kouame I will vote for it plus nadeveloped pa siya here.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
              What I'm trying to say is if only the Philippines has a law that can naturalize a minor(through immigrant/refugee family from Africa) then maybe we'll have a large pool of bigmen to choose to. Also if you're an African who want to migrate or seek refuge with your family in other countries, why willyou choose a Third- world country like the Philippines instead of Australia or other 1st-world countries?
              even if we have a law to naturalize them kids, they won't stay here unless they can make a living here. [again b/c of the PBA rules] Also don't underestimate the attractiveness of the Philippines to foreigners. Lots of Africans already live here. Filipinos are friendly & speak English so the adjustment is easier, and they can start businesses here. Also compared to Sudan or Mali or even Nigeria or Kenya, the Philippines is a big improvement. although compared to Australia we're no match; but Australia has been tightening its immigration rules lately
              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                Junemar? Top 26 center of Asia
                Top 5, top 20, top 50 it doesn't matter. Basketball is a team sports not an individual sports. Ranking a certain player depends on who's making the ranking(biased toward a certain player), categories(college, professional league, FIBA achievements, etcs.)..

Comment

even if we have a law to naturalize them kids, they won't stay here unless they can make a living here. [again b/c of the PBA rules] Also don't underestimate the attractiveness of the Philippines to foreigners. Lots of Africans already live here. Filipinos are friendly & speak English so the adjustment is easier, and they can start businesses here. Also compared to Sudan or Mali or even Nigeria or Kenya, the Philippines is a big improvement. although compared to Australia we're no match; but Australia has been tightening its immigration rules lately
                  So the offsprings of those Africans who married a Pinay now living here in Pinas will be one of our sources for basketball bigmen..(Get Junemar and Jaja into a blind date, somebody has to tell Ervin Sotto to make another 3 Kai)

Comment

• As to naturalization, understand that a nations naturalization laws is a different matter to what FIBA considers a local or naturalize.
                    So technically while Kouame under are laws can be naturalized say at 21 yrs old, it doesn't necessarily follow that FIBA will not consider him a local Filipino and not a FIBA classification as naturalize, huh confusing?

Here is the thing read carefully the guidelines for exception. Many of guiding principles Kouame actually meets to be a local Filipino. As I said numerous times blood is irrelevant to FIBA, that isn't a point against or even in favour of any candidate wanting to play as a local from FIBAs perspective
                    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                      As to naturalization, understand that a nations naturalization laws is a different matter to what FIBA considers a local or naturalize.
                      So technically while Kouame under are laws can be naturalized say at 21 yrs old, it doesn't necessarily follow that FIBA will not consider him a local Filipino and not a FIBA classification as naturalize, huh confusing?

Here is the thing read carefully the guidelines for exception. Many of guiding principles Kouame actually meets to be a local Filipino. As I said numerous times blood is irrelevant to FIBA, that isn't a point against or even in favour of any candidate wanting to play as a local
                      Yeah, point taken. So the most ironclad way to circumvent Hagop rule thru naturalization is to naturalize the kids at the earliest possible age, preferably and optimally U16 or earlier. Congress can easily pass the laws if they want to. . And we want to encourage the kids' families to settle here so we can prove residency. Take note Qatar already did this and the kids they naturalized are already playing for the senior team (e.g. Faris Avdic) w/o repercussions from FIBA

As for Kouame it's too late to make him a local, so we can naturalize him and put him in the naturalized player's spot. Maybe then he can leverage his ADMU career to play in Europe like Mbala did, call him up for Gilas every summer... and voila.. now we have a Euro-level NP...

Next up, we can recruit 12-13 y/o African kids in high school program for naturalization, so we have 4 years window to prove residency even if we don;t get them the citizenship before turning 16
                      Last edited by mangangalakal; 10-15-2019, 07:30 AM.
                      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

As to naturalization, understand that a nations naturalization laws is a different matter to what FIBA considers a local or naturalize.

Here is the thing read carefully the guidelines for exception. Many of guiding principles Kouame actually meets to be a local Filipino. As I said numerous times blood is irrelevant to FIBA, that isn't a point against or even in favour of any candidate wanting to play as a local from FIBAs perspective
                        i tell you man. kouame is perfect to be naturalized. he is young and easy to coach.
                        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Kahit 17 or 18 years old like Greg. Important thing is they adopt the Philippines as home, (play and live here long terrm) just like any migrant of refugee

BTW a clear documented statement of confirming adoption of the Philippines as a minor or close to (teenager) by both player and parent is a very very strong evidence that FIBA will accept very strongly. Because it is consistent with the principles they're most interested in, Adoption of the country as their own.! (for all intent and purpose that's what a passport confirms from FIBAs perspective)

Comment

Kahit 17 or 18 years old like Greg. Important thing is they adopt the Philippines as home, (play and live here long terrm) just like any migrant of refugee

BTW a clear documented statement of confirming adoption of the Philippines as a minor or close to (teenager) by both player and parent is a very very strong evidence that FIBA will accept very strongly. Because it is consistent with the principles they're most interested in, Adoption of the country as theirs
                            so do you think we can still put Kouame as a local under the Slaughter exception? I don't think so.. FIBA'll think he's too old
                            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

so do you think we can still put Kouame as a local under the Slaughter exception? I don't think so.. FIBA'll think he's too old
                              If you read guidelines for exception, it's certainly worth a try. Note a certification of allegiance and adoption of the Philippines takes the place in lieu of a passport. Yes this certificate has already been done for Kouame at 18 years old

Comment

• BTW one of the evidence for local eligibility is the date of when one applies for naturalization (expresses allegiance), it is not only the validity date of the passport that FIBA looks at.

The time to process from intial application (18 years old- guidleine 3) to final confirmation of naturalisation (say at 22 yrs old) can be attributed to beucracy processing . In the period the applicant (Koame) is a full resident (guildline 1) and player (guidline 2) in the Philippines.
                                Note the case of "Filipinos " being Ange guardians ( who is fatherless) from the age or 17 or 18, is quite a significant connection to the Philippines (guidline 3)...

Please note these are mere guidelines not hard and fast rules

just to be clear, Kourame hasn't been legally naturalize yet and the suggestions of getting an exception to play as a local are far from guaranteed , it definitly requires convincing and lobbying with FIBA but the good thing is there is good basis for argument consistent with the exception guildlines (1-3)that can be used for his case. Will FIBA ( decision maker) agree remains to be seen of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information