Page 275 of 278 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 5551

Thread: What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Marc J. Spears
    @MarcJSpearsESPN

Pelicans big man Jahlil Obika Okafor has committed to play with the Nigerian men’s basketball team in 2020 Tokyo Olympics for head coach Mike Brown, he told @TheUndefeated. Okafor’s grandfather Chicko Okafor hails from Enugu, Nigeria.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    its either that Okafor got his Nigerian passport before he turned 16, or he will play as a naturalized player. I hope FIBA enforces the Hagop Rule to all countries and not just to a certain few. ( Hello Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico! )
    that's what I am asking about since the last world cup.Basically the Nigerian team has full of American born Nigerian players. I read somewhere it is because FIBA Africa is not as strict in implementing the before 16 passport rule (pwede ba naman yun?).Whatever this might be,this should be addressed to the FIBA head quarters or else sue them just like Belize.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Hahahah olympic movement pre.. christian standhardinger case, sa atin lang namn to big deal

The way i see it in 2023 kai sotto, clarkson and jalen green will play for the philippines
    My bad. I haven't had my coffee when I read that.
    But is it possible for them to play in FIBA is they played in the Olympics? Has that been allowed before?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    that's what I am asking about since the last world cup.Basically the Nigerian team has full of American born Nigerian players. I read somewhere it is because FIBA Africa is not as strict in implementing the before 16 passport rule (pwede ba naman yun?).Whatever this might be,this should be addressed to the FIBA head quarters or else sue them just like Belize.
    Fina ruling is trumped by the olympic movement rule see why the munzons ar allowed in 3x3... admit it the hagop rule is a politically motivated move
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Nigeria maybe is pissed about their players being snatched or should I say gotten by ither countries.

Usa got a lot of american nigerian players.

Greece got their antetokoumpo brothers

Philippines got their Edu brothers.

Bad luck for them

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Nigeria maybe is pissed about their players being snatched or should I say gotten by ither countries.

Usa got a lot of american nigerian players.

Greece got their antetokoumpo brothers

Philippines got their Edu brothers.

Bad luck for them
    Its what happens when the talent realizes the infrastructure is a detriment and will go somewhere else.

They of course were right as they succeeded.

If ever Jahlil gets to play for Nigeria this summer olympics, it's not far fetch to think that Jalen Green and Clarkson might play for us as locals in 2024 olympics if ever we qualify for it. Sike.

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    If I'm correct, Olympics uses the same eligibility rules as the Asian games in regards to local issues (Pringle, CS, and Clarkson classified as locals). Thoughts on this?
    How do you qualify for the Olympics tho? Through FIBA OQTs right? Where Hagop Rules still in effect.

So, good for Nigeria if they're already qualified, they can just insert Jahil in the Olympic Team, but bad for the player he will replace. He probably played his ass out thinking he's going to Tokyo. Sucks to be him.

How do you qualify for the Olympics tho? Through FIBA OQTs right? Where Hagop Rules still in effect.

So, good for Nigeria if they're already qualified, they can just insert Jahil in the Olympic Team, but bad for the player he will replace. He probably played his ass out thinking he's going to Tokyo. Sucks to be him.
    Fiba world cup 2023, in which we are the host. If we place as the highest rank Asian team, we qualify automatic for the olympics. Just like how the Iran team qualified for 2020 olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Fiba world cup 2023, in which we are the host. If we place as the highest rank Asian team, we qualify automatic for the olympics. Just like how the Iran team qualified for 2020 olympics.
    Will Australia be counted as an Asian team under this method come 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Fina ruling is trumped by the olympic movement rule see why the munzons ar allowed in 3x3... admit it the hagop rule is a politically motivated move
    But how? I thought the Hagop rule was set in place to prevent things like Qatar naturalizing a bunch of Bosnians and Africans, but of course they found a loophole in that rule and now here they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    I believe they will still be counted as Oceania along with NZ.
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    No. If thats the case, Iran should have not got the top asian spot.

Aus and nz belongs to oceania in these method. One of the few things fiba has done correctly

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    No. If thats the case, Iran should have not got the top asian spot.

Aus and nz belongs to oceania in these method. One of the few things fiba has done correctly

So you're saying AUS and NZ joing FIBA ASIA a bad thing? Why? Do you think it's unfair? That the color of their skin is not Asian enough?

If I'm with FIBA executive committee, i will go the extra step and put them at the SEABA sub division, upping the level of competition in that sucky con-fed, where only PHL knows how to play good.

So you're saying AUS and NZ joing FIBA ASIA a bad thing? Why? Do you think it's unfair? That the color of their skin is not Asian enough?

If I'm with FIBA executive committee, i will go the extra step and put them at the SEABA sub division, upping the level of competition in that sucky con-fed, where only PHL knows how to play good.
    Speaking of Oceania teams joining SEABA, the Aussies might send a team at this years Suzuki Cup, for those who do not know Australia has been a member of the AFF since 2013 but it is only now that they are contemplating of sending a team at the said continental championship, the reason is the percieve big gap in the level of play

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...uzuki-cup/amp/

“Part of our evolution with our relationship in ASEAN is to now look at the Suzuki Cup which traditionally has been felt that we were too strong for, but as many of those nations increase their playing strength and taking into account Australia’s ability to be a key commercial rights market, it’s certainly worth exploring,” said Football Federation Australia chief David Gallop, of the opportunity.
    Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 02-26-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Speaking of Oceania teams joining SEABA, the Aussies might send a team at this years Suzuki Cup, for those who do not know Australia has been a member of the AFF since 2013 but it is only now that they are contemplating of sending a team at the said continental championship, the reason is the percieve big gap in the level of play

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...uzuki-cup/amp/

“Part of our evolution with our relationship in ASEAN is to now look at the Suzuki Cup which traditionally has been felt that we were too strong for, but as many of those nations increase their playing strength and taking into account Australia’s ability to be a key commercial rights market, it’s certainly worth exploring,” said Football Federation Australia chief David Gallop, of the opportunity.
    To those wondering why Kazakhstan is in UEFA in football but is in FIBA Asia in basketball, this is one huge reason why. KAZ football is too strong for most of Asia while KAZ basketball, not so much.

What does everyone think of Fadi El Khatib's son Jihad? He's already 6'7 at age 14 right now.

Taiwan NT point guard, Ray Chen (6'1) , former CBA 1st round pick and was a US NCAA Div 1 player out of Liberty U , said he wants to play in the Philippines "because the game is more American"

PBA, open your borders already for Asian Imports.
    The Philippines needs to gear towards International, not US Basketball if it even wants to have a chance at better FIBA standings

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    What does everyone think of Fadi El Khatib's son Jihad? He's already 6'7 at age 14 right now.
    His name alone "Jihad" strikes fear

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    The Philippines needs to gear towards International, not US Basketball if it even wants to have a chance at better FIBA standings
    I remember an international IBNer saying "If European basketball is the right way to play the game, then why it could not defeat Team USA? Are we going to say that American basketball is a wrong way to play the game?"

The American style of play works well with Team USA because of their athletic gifts. Those who don't have the same athletic gifts Africans and Americans have should play smarter and more disciplined to compensate for the lack of those gifts.

His name alone "Jihad" strikes fear
    He will drain some long range BOMBS from deep.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Page 275 of 278 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277 ... LastLast