Page 278 of 279 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279 LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 5565

Thread: What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Goulding. Likes to flop.

I wanna see a pinoy baller give it to him. Take note this time yung pasimple lang talaga. Para di halata na cheap shot

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Hate the d bag players not the country. Just like there are Pinoy a hole ballers there are Aussie a hole ballers. It just so happen that version of the Boomers has a larger collection of very punchable players.

Yeah good for you, convict lover???
    Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Well, despite of that they still managed to be one of the most powerful and wealthiest country in the world. Hell, I'd rather be a descendant from convicts than a free man stuck in the third world sh!thole. Just sayin.

If RDO was still with Gilas, it's the Aussies are the ones who will look bad when he uses his pambansang ninja moves. Duguan pa mukha ni flopper Goulding nyan.

Hypothetical question.. What if China, Korea and Iran is still struggling in their national problem about COVID-19, Is there any chance that they will withdraw their participation in Olympics or OQT, If the Olympics in Japan still push thru? Historically some countries already withdraw participation or boycott the games during cold war.. Is Gilas should take place on them to participate in the games, Same case India basketball team did in 1980's, when countries boycott due to cold war? What do you think? On paper rankings eh Iran, China and Korea are top 3 Asian teams (not counting Australia and NZL because they are in Oceania) then we are in 4th rank team, the first 3 countries are still struggling for months now in COVID-19 and they can't still contain it for atleast 2-3 months.. If this could be happend eh SBP should be ready for this.. even atleast for OQT if either China or Korea will withdraw their participation due to COVID-19..

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for? Players' diets. AFAIK PBA is the only league with post-practice pizza parties
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...sUdO2XJVkc6T_s
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

https://www.fiba.basketball/asiacup/...-coach-toroman

JAKARTA (Indonesia) - Coach Rajko Toroman was clear about what his team needed in the first window of the FIBA Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers. Sure, he had smart and tactical players in the squad, which are just as important, but Toroman still needed a bit more than that.

He emphasized the advantage the Philippines had after their loss. Not only were the Philippines very talented, but they were also athletic from top to bottom, whether it was the likes of Troy Rosario, Roger Pogoy, and especially Thirdy Ravena.

Athleticism and size is what the Indonesian national team tactician needs. Though he admits that the team is currently in shortage of that area, Toroman can see a lot of promise. He doesn't even have to look for it too far, as it will only take just a glimpse down towards the end of his bench.

"We have to work with Derrick," Toroman said. "Derrick really is the future of Indonesia basketball."

Such is high praise from the experienced Serbian coach for the lankly 16-year-old Derrick Michael Xzavierro. It's clear why Toroman has such high expectations for Derrick; he still has plenty of years left as a teenager and is already towering at 2.03M (6'8"). There's plenty of room for Derrick to grow, and every Indonesia basketball fan is hoping that he will.

The youngster is still very raw, but he moves fluidly enough that he has promise playing as a forward. His wingspan and height alone right now makes him a pestering presence around the rim.

Again, Derrick is far from a finished prospect. But he has sky-high potential that nearly everyone can see and be hopeful for. That's why coach Rajko allowed him to get onto the court during the fourth quarter of their game against Korea. It's why the crowd at Mahaka Arena greeted him with a standing ovation as he was substituted into the game.

"Shocked," Derrick said about how he felt when coach Toroman called him in. "I felt that I'm still not ready and afraid to play in the court. When I was called, I could still can't believe it."

"I was told that whatever happened, I had to believe in myself and have to do my best," Derrick told the media after the game.

In his first-ever appearance for the senior national team, Derrick grabbed two rebounds in two minutes of play. He didn't sway the momentum of a game that Korea had already gotten control of, but when he was on the floor, the future looked even brighter for Indonesia basketball. It might take some time for him to pan out to his full potential fully, but everyone is looking forward to seeing it happen.

"[In] 3 years, he will be very competitive in international competition," claimed Toroman. "But he must work with these guys so that he can improve."

"That's the future of Indonesia basketball."

Yes.Indonesian national team should be considered to be contender in South East Asia.their 3 point shot plays are very dangerous and frightening,Once thier develop thier inside game Philippines domination in SEA region is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by allan_373 View Post
    Yes.Indonesian national team should be considered to be contender in South East Asia.their 3 point shot plays are very dangerous and frightening,Once thier develop thier inside game Philippines domination in SEA region is in trouble.
    Our neighbors is slightly catching up. But we are still large ahead. Gilas must not be complacent.

Anyway, our young talents are potentially great enough to turn gilas in next level

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Our neighbors is slightly catching up. But we are still large ahead. Gilas must not be complacent.

Anyway, our young talents are potentially great enough to turn gilas in next level
    I prefer Gilas to slightly bleed against SEA competition. Better competition, the better the teams for FIBA Asia. Who knows maybe 1 day FIBA will open 2 or more slots for SEA.

Agreed. We have kids who actually want to take their talents outside the PBA. Thirdy Ravena, Juan GDL, Kobe Paras and of course Kai Sotto. Even younger kids like LeBron Lopez, Mason Amos and Kobe Demisana

Quote Originally Posted by curtaincall View Post
    Agreed. We have kids who actually want to take their talents outside the PBA. Thirdy Ravena, Juan GDL, Kobe Paras and of course Kai Sotto. Even younger kids like LeBron Lopez, Mason Amos and Kobe Demisana
    yeah. and pba made a stupid pba draft ban rule because of that.

hope our young players will not be affected

Another Korean that will continue our curse

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post

I doubt. our Young guys and new NP can stop him. We need to stop their shooters

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post

Seeing this actually hurts. How come other countries can produce continuous talents to go to the US at multiple levels. High School, College and even try their luck in the NBA. Mess around in the G League and Summer League. I actually believe we produce the most athletic and skilled players. Good thing Tab Baldwin is doing everything he can to help Philippine basketball. He is right we should easily be top 15 in the world.

I would want our SEA neighbors to get a lot stronger with their european coaches to push our Cadets. Thats why I am also rooting for Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam.

Seeing this actually hurts. How come other countries can produce continuous talents to go to the US at multiple levels. High School, College and even try their luck in the NBA. Mess around in the G League and Summer League. I actually believe we produce the most athletic and skilled players. Good thing Tab Baldwin is doing everything he can to help Philippine basketball. He is right we should easily be top 15 in the world.

I would want our SEA neighbors to get a lot stronger with their european coaches to push our Cadets. Thats why I am also rooting for Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam.
    Maybe the Philippines could start helping by lending PBA D-League players as their (SEA countries') low budget imports.

Simple. Because they have good and continuous player development program

I doubt. our Young guys and new NP can stop him. We need to stop their shooters
    Firstly, he is a shooter, a 6'7" shooter at that. We might be more athletic but his IQ is very high. Going to be very hard to guard for our SF.

Chinese u16-17 player playing in Florida. Skinny frame but has athleticism and size to go with skill

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post

Chinese u16-17 player playing in Florida. Skinny frame but has athleticism and size to go with skill
    not bad for a 6'9 player
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Listen to Coach Dickel talk about his experience in basketball, whats the difference with NZ and PHL talents and skills, thoughs on national team. Suprisingly, he did say that NZ has 15 talented players but PHL have 50 talented players. Which is same observation of Coaches Rajko and Tabs.

Page 278 of 279 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279 LastLast