Page 269 of 274 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 5464

Thread: What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

YouTube has the weirdest recommendations. Just now, I had a notification for an Indonesian high school game: https://youtu.be/mqTUqoFqHM0

While you could see how raw they are in terms of skill, they're not really that much shorter than our HS students. One team even has a half-African wing player, could be 6'1" or so. With Indonesia's population starting to discover basketball, they could crowd Thailand and Malaysia for second place in SEABA in a couple of years. Sucks that there might not be a SEABA U16 this year.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    YouTube has the weirdest recommendations. Just now, I had a notification for an Indonesian high school game: https://youtu.be/mqTUqoFqHM0

While you could see how raw they are in terms of skill, they're not really that much shorter than our HS students. One team even has a half-African wing player, could be 6'1" or so. With Indonesia's population starting to discover basketball, they could crowd Thailand and Malaysia for second place in SEABA in a couple of years. Sucks that there might not be a SEABA U16 this year.
    You already said it befire, Indonesia has a solid following in basketball, not unlike soccer in philippines..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    You already said it befire, Indonesia has a solid following in basketball, not unlike soccer in philippines..
    If you had cable in the late 90s, MTV Asia had a video for an Idonesian pesta rap song about basketball in heavy rotation and ESPN showed Kobatama League games. Plus you have people like Erick Thohir who are really passionate about the game and have the resources to promote it. Our football federation leaders should take a cue from our southern neighbors about promoting a secondary sport.
    Keep running, big boy.

Indonesia has more than twice the population of the Philippines.With the proper mindset and program and financial support,who knows what will happen in a few years.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Indonesia has more than twice the population of the Philippines.With the proper mindset and program and financial support,who knows what will happen in a few years.
    it would be a huge mistake for fiba for not joining them or not getting them a "leeway" to develop a good team qatar nga with only their money..

Although need ng fiba for indo esia to qualify for world qualifiers and join the home and away but they have to beat taiwan or guam to make it.

it would be a huge mistake for fiba for not joining them or not getting them a "leeway" to develop a good team qatar nga with only their money..

Although need ng fiba for indo esia to qualify for world qualifiers and join the home and away but they have to beat taiwan or guam to make it.
    They can beat guam
    Taiwan is a little beat tougher

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    They can beat guam
    Taiwan is a little beat tougher
    They'll have problems dealing with Guam's size, especially if Galloway, Wesley, and Washington play. Defending their wings would also be tough with Ross around. Their only advantage would be in the backcourt, but I'm not sure if Jawato can indeed play as a local or as a naturalized player.
    Keep running, big boy.

They'll have problems dealing with Guam's size, especially if Galloway, Wesley, and Washington play. Defending their wings would also be tough with Ross around. Their only advantage would be in the backcourt, but I'm not sure if Jawato can indeed play as a local or as a naturalized player.
    at the Asia Cup Pre-qualifiers it was a close game in the first 3 quarters before Guam decided to pound it inside at the start of the 4th quarter, thats were Guam built a comportable double digit lead

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    at the Asia Cup Pre-qualifiers it was a close game in the first 3 quarters before Guam decided to pound it inside at the start of the 4th quarter, thats were Guam built a comportable double digit lead

What toroman trying to do with these indonesian team is the right thing..they just need better personnel or ma fast track yun growth ng young guys nila

Is NLEX player Jericho Cruz eligible to play for Guam?i think Guam has a few quality big men in 6'10 Curtis Washington and 6'11 Jonathan Galloway but tey are solid and skilled being (former) NBL players. That's a solid lineup for any Southeast Asian team with Washington and Halloway who are both at least 6'10 , 6'7 forward Tai Wesley,6'6 guard Earnest Ross, and 6'2 Jericho Cruz in the PG position.
    Last edited by Alex07; 01-20-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Is NLEX player Jericho Cruz eligible to play for Guam?i think Guam has a few quality big men in 6'10 Curtis Washington and 6'11 Jonathan Galloway but tey are solid and skilled being (former) NBL players. That's a solid lineup for any Southeast Asian team with Washington and Halloway who are both at least 6'10 , 6'7 forward Tai Wesley,6'6 guard Earnest Ross, and 6'2 Jericho Cruz in the PG position.
    Jericho cruz is half guam? Anyway, I think he will not participate in a weak guam team.

he was born in Saipan and was a member of their National Team before he played for Adamson, Jericho also played for us at the 2013 SEA Games in Myanmar

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_p...cleID=20492366

What toroman trying to do with these indonesian team is the right thing..they just need better personnel or ma fast track yun growth ng young guys nila
    I think they have better chance on Taiwan than on Guam.. Taiwan for now is on rebuilding stage and the successor of Lin Chie-Chen and Tsen-Wen Ting are not that good.. Their body is same as Indons so they can handle what physicality Taiwanese can give.. And one thing Coach Toroman knows Taiwan very well.. He doesn't lost yet on Taiwan in which he handled.. so if i were coach Toroman eh if they and Taiwan will meet at final qualification eh i will take good scouting reports and be ready on them.. Guam is like poor mans New Zealand.. They can't win on physicality (Because most of them are American built body) and talent.. I should say that Earnest Ross will be one of the best wing scorers right now in Asia, Tai Wesley is a NBL vet and Galloway is an journeyman euro import.. They have also Washington that can handle some of the best bigs in Asia.. only their lack is chemistry.. but if they master it then Indons are no chance to beat these upgraded Guam team..

Basketball is 2nd most popular sport in Indonesia, so I'm not surprise.. while here eh volleyball is 2nd most after basketball.. I will rank football 5th or 6th popular here only.. Boxing, Billiards are more popular here than football..

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Reposted:

6'8 SF Chien-Hao Ma
    New Taipei City, Taiwan
    The Skills Factory (yes, Kai's team-mate)

at 3:38 he plays alongside fellow Asian Kai
    another future match up for Lopez.I really hope he grows a bit more maybe up to 6'7 barefoot at least.He also needs to train abroad maybe make an appointment with Drew Hanlen.

he was born in Saipan and was a member of their National Team before he played for Adamson, Jericho also played for us at the 2013 SEA Games in Myanmar

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_p...cleID=20492366
    I was thinking he was from Guam.I dont think playing in the sea games would matter since it is not fiba sanctioned.

Galloway was not in the team that played in the pre-qualifiers. Had he played, the margins would have been larger. He isn't a three-time Big West DPOY for nothing. Should they join SEABA, they might have the second-best frontline in the region.

A cause for concern, though, is the age of the other players. The Wesleys are already in their late 30s. Washington isn't getting younger. It's like having multiple Taulavas in the team who could retire all at the same time.
    Keep running, big boy.

I was thinking he was from Guam.I dont think playing in the sea games would matter since it is not fiba sanctioned.
    He played for the CNMI national team in the Oceania U18 tournament.
    Keep running, big boy.

Galloway was not in the team that played in the pre-qualifiers. Had he played, the margins would have been larger. He isn't a three-time Big West DPOY for nothing. Should they join SEABA, they might have the second-best frontline in the region.

A cause for concern, though, is the age of the other players. The Wesleys are already in their late 30s. Washington isn't getting younger. It's like having multiple Taulavas in the team who could retire all at the same time.
    For me they are better than Taiwan now.. if they meet today until maybe 2023 eh Guam has advantage over Taiwan.. Taiwanese bigs are not as good as Tseng and their younger generation bigs are not yet available due to US NCAA season (Morris Paterson).. I don't also who will be their naturalized big to replace Davis.. but if they stick to Davis eh they are on trouble.. Washington alone can defend Davis.. while their wings are also not as good as Lin Chie Chen.. Ross can easily dominates over them.. and they have good back ups like JP Cruz (not Jericho, his play same as Nico Elorde of Northport), Will Stinnett (UAAP veteran and good role player) and Darrel Hechanova (same as Arboleda type of PG, physical guy).. Their frontline of Wesley Bros., Galloway and Washington are Asian level frontline talent.. And lastly, I think they are not worry to their age because remember eh they are still Americans, they can still ball and being competitive at age of 38-43 yrs old, their body is not like Asians that fading very early.. they still have 4-6 yrs together as a team..

He played for the CNMI national team in the Oceania U18 tournament.
    regardless, Guam is still a solid team, some players might be aging and should have good young replacements.But the guys who have played as imports in the NBL and else where will be a big factor for Guam.Curtis and Washington will play like imports.I think if this team is in the ASEAN region, we would have not made so many championships.

Page 269 of 274 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast