Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Philippine team need to watch out for (vol III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new naturalized player for Taiwan?

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Spain lost to Poland.

Serbia lost to georgia.

Classic examples of "The ball is round". Hope gilas will not suffer the same fate against thailand

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
        Spain lost to Poland.

Serbia lost to georgia.

Classic examples of "The ball is round". Hope gilas will not suffer the same fate against thailand
        Lithuania lost to Belgium

Comment

• Marc J. Spears
          @MarcJSpearsESPN

Pelicans big man Jahlil Obika Okafor has committed to play with the Nigerian men’s basketball team in 2020 Tokyo Olympics for head coach Mike Brown, he told @TheUndefeated. Okafor’s grandfather Chicko Okafor hails from Enugu, Nigeria.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
          its either that Okafor got his Nigerian passport before he turned 16, or he will play as a naturalized player. I hope FIBA enforces the Hagop Rule to all countries and not just to a certain few. ( Hello Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
            Marc J. Spears
            @MarcJSpearsESPN

Pelicans big man Jahlil Obika Okafor has committed to play with the Nigerian men’s basketball team in 2020 Tokyo Olympics for head coach Mike Brown, he told @TheUndefeated. Okafor’s grandfather Chicko Okafor hails from Enugu, Nigeria.

its either that Okafor got his Nigerian passport before he turned 16, or he will play as a naturalized player. I hope FIBA enforces the Hagop Rule to all countries and not just to a certain few. ( Hello Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico! )
            He's born in the USA and played for their under 17 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              He's born in the USA and played for their under 17 team.
              Hahahah olympic movement pre.. christian standhardinger case, sa atin lang namn to big deal

The way i see it in 2023 kai sotto, clarkson and jalen green will play for the philippines
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• If I'm correct, Olympics uses the same eligibility rules as the Asian games in regards to local issues (Pringle, CS, and Clarkson classified as locals). Thoughts on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                  Hahahah olympic movement pre.. christian standhardinger case, sa atin lang namn to big deal

The way i see it in 2023 kai sotto, clarkson and jalen green will play for the philippines
                  thumbs up to that bro

Comment

Marc J. Spears
                    @MarcJSpearsESPN

Hagop rule doesnt apply on olympics. Even Antetokoumpo brothers can play for nigeria if they want to.

Fiba tournaments only applies the hagop rule. And olympics are not under fiba

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                      If I'm correct, Olympics uses the same eligibility rules as the Asian games in regards to local issues (Pringle, CS, and Clarkson classified as locals). Thoughts on this?
                      Correct, We can play as many as Fil foreign players we want as long as they have a philippine passport regardless of when they got it

Comment

• one of the naturalized players of Japan. He made more than decent numbers

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Marc J. Spears
                          @MarcJSpearsESPN

that's what I am asking about since the last world cup.Basically the Nigerian team has full of American born Nigerian players. I read somewhere it is because FIBA Africa is not as strict in implementing the before 16 passport rule (pwede ba naman yun?).Whatever this might be,this should be addressed to the FIBA head quarters or else sue them just like Belize.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post

My bad. I haven't had my coffee when I read that.
                            But is it possible for them to play in FIBA is they played in the Olympics? Has that been allowed before?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                              that's what I am asking about since the last world cup.Basically the Nigerian team has full of American born Nigerian players. I read somewhere it is because FIBA Africa is not as strict in implementing the before 16 passport rule (pwede ba naman yun?).Whatever this might be,this should be addressed to the FIBA head quarters or else sue them just like Belize.
                              Fina ruling is trumped by the olympic movement rule see why the munzons ar allowed in 3x3... admit it the hagop rule is a politically motivated move
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Nigeria maybe is pissed about their players being snatched or should I say gotten by ither countries.

Usa got a lot of american nigerian players.

Greece got their antetokoumpo brothers

Philippines got their Edu brothers.

Bad luck for them

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information