Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open letter from Vlado Ilievski to FIBA

Google translate:

After the defeat of the Dominicans, playmaker Vlado Ilievski said that part of the blame for our elimination has world basketball federation FIBA. According to him, favored the FIBA teams from the American continent.

- Teams from South America had more time for preparation. Played and continental championships, were competitive rhythm. We had players who klupskata season to end on June 15. I was injured and only 10 days I was with the team. How can you prepare for such a short time? We had a chance to become the first basketball team from Macedonia would play Olympics and so we are disappointed. If won, we would have two more chances, but life goes on.- said Ilievski.

- We played well in the first half, and second things have changed. The trouble began with the personal fouls on Antic, Cekovski and Samardzitski. I've been playing basketball for many years and can say that not even a third was real fouls.

In the 16 min Macedonia was up 37-17 . In the first half received 28, while in the second only 58 points with small playing time for Samardzitski, Cekovski and Antic. Pero Antic did stop Al Horford in the first half, the beginning of the third quarter made ​​the fourth foul and then things went wrong. You can not play agressive with four personal fouls judges did their job.

There is no doubt that we have been robbed by FIBA.
    FAMILY AERODROM

He speaks the TRUTH. I really hope that someone from the Greek delegation will also write a letter. Both FYROM and Greece were robbed of the Olympics by the refs and this kind of thing has to come to an end. People that defend the refs and claim nothing shady went on are only making the situation worse, as are the people that say no one should complain about the refs, even when they decide the outcome of games on their own.

FIBA's reffing has gotten to the point of being absurdly ludicrous in the last few years. Even the worst of NBA reffing is far superior. Something has to be done, and telling people to shut up and stop complaining about it only makes matters worse, and shows a real lack of class and manners.

There IS a huge problem, and it is not ever going to be corrected unless more guys like Ilievsky speak up. Greek coach Zouros complained about the refs too, and was only bashed for it. As if now it's suddenly wrong to simply tell the truth.

Comment

pre olympic in europe = refs make calls to europeans
      pre olympic in americas = refs make calls to americans

just this.

Comment

Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
        Google translate:

After the defeat of the Dominicans, playmaker Vlado Ilievski said that part of the blame for our elimination has world basketball federation FIBA. According to him, favored the FIBA teams from the American continent.

- Teams from South America had more time for preparation. Played and continental championships, were competitive rhythm. We had players who klupskata season to end on June 15. I was injured and only 10 days I was with the team. How can you prepare for such a short time? We had a chance to become the first basketball team from Macedonia would play Olympics and so we are disappointed. If won, we would have two more chances, but life goes on.- said Ilievski.

- We played well in the first half, and second things have changed. The trouble began with the personal fouls on Antic, Cekovski and Samardzitski. I've been playing basketball for many years and can say that not even a third was real fouls.

In the 16 min Macedonia was up 37-17 . In the first half received 28, while in the second only 58 points with small playing time for Samardzitski, Cekovski and Antic. Pero Antic did stop Al Horford in the first half, the beginning of the third quarter made ​​the fourth foul and then things went wrong. You can not play agressive with four personal fouls judges did their job.

There is no doubt that we have been robbed by FIBA.
        completely bullshit that first words, blame your confederation who did not a good job with your CALENDAR.

Comment

The tournament was clearly biased towards the Americas! So biased none of them made the olympics.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by GustavoGanso View Post

just this.
            This is exactly how we feel guys, when the tournaments are in Europe....

Comment

Originally posted by Olympiacos View Post
              Greek coach Zouros complained about the refs too, and was only bashed for it.
              Not to break your bubble but Zouros usually does complain about reffing. He likes blaming others for his losses. I noticed this trait of his when he was coaching Zalgiris. So I would not look to deeply at Zouros complaining about refs. It would be much more shock worthy if he didn't.

Originally posted by GustavoGanso View Post

just this.
              True but in the end none america's made it through so I guess it was pointless.

You also have to consider that in Europe you get much higher level of organization. The organization in Venezuella was pretty poor and just once again supports the opinion that most of such tournaments should take in place in countries that are ready (and sadly only mostly Europe countries are ready) so that the level of organization would match the level of players playing, and not be low like in Venezuela.

FIBA made a mistake of choosing the place. Venezuela was not ready for the challenge and even with some (I would not call it big though) reffing support america's still failed to make it to london.

I dont mind such tournament happening outside the Europe but it should happen in a country that is at least ready (and have proved it with youth tournament organization etc) and has high level organization.
              Last edited by Darknemo2000; 07-09-2012, 04:13 AM.

Comment

The next tournament should be held in Asia. So whatever "bias" there is favoring Asian teams, it will be nullified thanks to the gap of team quality. So if refs side with the Koreans, Euro or American teams won't find such ruling decisive.
                Sacramento Kings
                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Dear Vlado,
                  You guys lost to a team who's pointguard shot 0/10 ZERO OUT OF TEN and if you wanted to go to London so much, why didn't you play lock down defense on Francisco Garcia who raped you the whole game.
                  Thank you.
                  47-70
                  76-58

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                    The tournament was clearly biased towards the Americas! So biased none of them made the olympics.
                    The reason was that in the tournament participated tiny little country from middle europe who stoped all 3 americas team...and become the biggest enemy in venezualia...There were something wrong with this tournament and everybody saw that in one or other aspect...Somthing here wasnt right greece would beat nigeria 9 off 10times and macedonia would beat dominic streetball game 8 of 10 times...
                    Fiba knew very well that europeans league can do nothing about dates and FIBA KNEW THOSE EXACT DATES WHEN EUROPEANS LEAGUS FINIShES very well believe me... THIS WAR BETWEEN FIBA AND FIBA EUROPE are becoming very ugly...i think mostly of you heard that fiba decided that their should be only 1 euro championship in olimpic circle and fiba europe do not agree and then fiba fired Zanolin for nothing...its getting ugly and europe can wait for more suprises from fiba with competitions in latin america in the future...

8 from 10 strongest teams in the world are form europe..and they are giving euorpe just 2 direct places to olimpic games from euro champ..its a joke ..."to qualife to olimpic in 2000 was 5 times easier than in 2012"... this was the words of our veteran Jasikevicius who paricipated in 2000,2004,2008 and gona do that in 2012 olimpics...have you seen how competitve last eurobasket2011 was? we were playign at home and lost even 3 times and we were lucky to get 5th place !!! all those tunisia,chinas,autralias wouldnt even make 1/4 game in euro champ...and they are getting spot in every olimpic just for free...
                    Last edited by Shawshank; 07-09-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

He speaks the TRUTH. I really hope that someone from the Greek delegation will also write a letter. Both FYROM and Greece were robbed of the Olympics by the refs and this kind of thing has to come to an end. People that defend the refs and claim nothing shady went on are only making the situation worse, as are the people that say no one should complain about the refs, even when they decide the outcome of games on their own.

FIBA's reffing has gotten to the point of being absurdly ludicrous in the last few years. Even the worst of NBA reffing is far superior. Something has to be done, and telling people to shut up and stop complaining about it only makes matters worse, and shows a real lack of class and manners.

There IS a huge problem, and it is not ever going to be corrected unless more guys like Ilievsky speak up. Greek coach Zouros complained about the refs too, and was only bashed for it. As if now it's suddenly wrong to simply tell the truth.
                      It does not help the cause when you sound like a sore loser

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
                        It does not help the cause when you sound like a sore loser
                        You come into the Greece - Nigeria thread and post that Spanoulis wasn't even fouled on the last shot. You clearly didn't watch any of these games.

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        The reason was that in the tournament participated tiny little country from middle europe who stoped all 3 americas team...and become the biggest enemy in venezualia...There were something wrong with this tournament and everybody saw that in one or other aspect...Somthing here wasnt right greece would beat nigeria 9 off 10times and macedonia would beat dominic streetball game 8 of 10 times...
                        Fiba knew very well that europeans league can do nothing about dates and FIBA KNEW THOSE EXACT DATES WHEN EUROPEANS LEAGUS FINIShES very well believe me... THIS WAR BETWEEN FIBA AND FIBA EUROPE are becoming very ugly...i think mostly of you heard that fiba decided that their should be only 1 euro championship in olimpic circle and fiba europe do not agree and then fiba fired Zanolin for nothing...its getting ugly and europe can wait for more suprises from fiba with competitions in latin america in the future...

Everybody knows that 8 from 10 strongest teams in the world are form europe..and they are giving euorpe just 2 direct places to olimpic games from euro champ..its a joke ...to qualife to olimpic in 2000 was 5 times easier than in 2012...have you seen how compeptitve last eurobasket2011 was? we were playign at home and lost even 3 times and we were lucky to get 5th place !!! all those tunisia,chinas,autralias wouldnt even make 1/4 game in euro champ...and they are getting spot in every olimpic just for free...
                        I really believe that the European federations should just stop competing in anything related to FIBA.

Comment

You come into the Greece - Nigeria thread and post that Spanoulis wasn't even fouled on the last shot. You clearly didn't watch any of these games.

I really believe that the European federations should just stop competing in anything related to FIBA.
                          Yes he was not fouled. Just wait another 4 years.

Comment

Just one question: Why did Spanoulis reacted the way after the blocked shot like he did? He did not complain, none of the Greek players ran towards the refs to complain...

Always love disgruntled people here reacting like little kids when it comes to losses but bragging about how good their teams are when they win. Take it like a man, Olympiacos not like some kid that got candy ripped off his hand.

I have no problem with Greece and Lithuania forming their own little championship..oh you can take your bitter enemies FYROM into your three-way encounter. Bet refs wont be better in those duels. Same predicitions: Refs are biased because...blah blah blah...

You really making Greece look ugly to many with your crying. Thank god I know how beautiful Greece is, otherwise I would say that Piraeus must be as ugly as your spams on the board.

I from Wisconsin!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
                              Yes he was not fouled. Just wait another 4 years.
                              Like I said, you didn't watch the game.

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                              Just one question: Why did Spanoulis reacted the way after the blocked shot like he did? He did not complain, none of the Greek players ran towards the refs to complain...

Always love disgruntled people here reacting like little kids when it comes to losses but bragging about how good their teams are when they win. Take it like a man, Olympiacos not like some kid that got candy ripped off his hand.

I have no problem with Greece and Lithuania forming their own little championship..oh you can take your bitter enemies FYROM into your three-way encounter. Bet refs wont be better in those duels. Same predicitions: Refs are biased because...blah blah blah...

You really making Greece look ugly to many with your crying. Thank god I know how beautiful Greece is, otherwise I would say that Piraeus must be as ugly as your spams on the board.
                              You didn't see the games either. Greek players and coaches were complaining to the refs. Spanoulis was complaining to the refs. You just proved that you didn't even watch the game, yet are here telling everyone it "wasn't a foul".

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information