Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Open letter from Vlado Ilievski to FIBA

  1. #1
    Senior Member MZT Skopje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    657
    Country: Macedonia

    Default Open letter from Vlado Ilievski to FIBA

    Google translate:

    After the defeat of the Dominicans, playmaker Vlado Ilievski said that part of the blame for our elimination has world basketball federation FIBA. According to him, favored the FIBA teams from the American continent.

    - Teams from South America had more time for preparation. Played and continental championships, were competitive rhythm. We had players who klupskata season to end on June 15. I was injured and only 10 days I was with the team. How can you prepare for such a short time? We had a chance to become the first basketball team from Macedonia would play Olympics and so we are disappointed. If won, we would have two more chances, but life goes on.- said Ilievski.

    - We played well in the first half, and second things have changed. The trouble began with the personal fouls on Antic, Cekovski and Samardzitski. I've been playing basketball for many years and can say that not even a third was real fouls.

    In the 16 min Macedonia was up 37-17 . In the first half received 28, while in the second only 58 points with small playing time for Samardzitski, Cekovski and Antic. Pero Antic did stop Al Horford in the first half, the beginning of the third quarter made ​​the fourth foul and then things went wrong. You can not play agressive with four personal fouls judges did their job.

    There is no doubt that we have been robbed by FIBA.
    FAMILY AERODROM

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    431
    Country: Greece

    Default

    He speaks the TRUTH. I really hope that someone from the Greek delegation will also write a letter. Both FYROM and Greece were robbed of the Olympics by the refs and this kind of thing has to come to an end. People that defend the refs and claim nothing shady went on are only making the situation worse, as are the people that say no one should complain about the refs, even when they decide the outcome of games on their own.

    FIBA's reffing has gotten to the point of being absurdly ludicrous in the last few years. Even the worst of NBA reffing is far superior. Something has to be done, and telling people to shut up and stop complaining about it only makes matters worse, and shows a real lack of class and manners.

    There IS a huge problem, and it is not ever going to be corrected unless more guys like Ilievsky speak up. Greek coach Zouros complained about the refs too, and was only bashed for it. As if now it's suddenly wrong to simply tell the truth.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    Country: Brazil

    Default

    pre olympic in europe = refs make calls to europeans
    pre olympic in americas = refs make calls to americans

    just this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    Country: Brazil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MZT Skopje View Post
    Google translate:

    After the defeat of the Dominicans, playmaker Vlado Ilievski said that part of the blame for our elimination has world basketball federation FIBA. According to him, favored the FIBA teams from the American continent.

    - Teams from South America had more time for preparation. Played and continental championships, were competitive rhythm. We had players who klupskata season to end on June 15. I was injured and only 10 days I was with the team. How can you prepare for such a short time? We had a chance to become the first basketball team from Macedonia would play Olympics and so we are disappointed. If won, we would have two more chances, but life goes on.- said Ilievski.

    - We played well in the first half, and second things have changed. The trouble began with the personal fouls on Antic, Cekovski and Samardzitski. I've been playing basketball for many years and can say that not even a third was real fouls.

    In the 16 min Macedonia was up 37-17 . In the first half received 28, while in the second only 58 points with small playing time for Samardzitski, Cekovski and Antic. Pero Antic did stop Al Horford in the first half, the beginning of the third quarter made ​​the fourth foul and then things went wrong. You can not play agressive with four personal fouls judges did their job.

    There is no doubt that we have been robbed by FIBA.
    completely bullshit that first words, blame your confederation who did not a good job with your CALENDAR.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Dtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit, MI
    Posts
    3,502
    Country: United States

    Default

    The tournament was clearly biased towards the Americas! So biased none of them made the olympics.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

    Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

  6. #6
    Senior Member LFGC79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GustavoGanso View Post
    pre olympic in europe = refs make calls to europeans
    pre olympic in americas = refs make calls to americans

    just this.
    This is exactly how we feel guys, when the tournaments are in Europe....

  7. #7
    Senior Member Darknemo2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympiacos View Post
    Greek coach Zouros complained about the refs too, and was only bashed for it.
    Not to break your bubble but Zouros usually does complain about reffing. He likes blaming others for his losses. I noticed this trait of his when he was coaching Zalgiris. So I would not look to deeply at Zouros complaining about refs. It would be much more shock worthy if he didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by GustavoGanso View Post
    pre olympic in europe = refs make calls to europeans
    pre olympic in americas = refs make calls to americans

    just this.
    True but in the end none america's made it through so I guess it was pointless.

    You also have to consider that in Europe you get much higher level of organization. The organization in Venezuella was pretty poor and just once again supports the opinion that most of such tournaments should take in place in countries that are ready (and sadly only mostly Europe countries are ready) so that the level of organization would match the level of players playing, and not be low like in Venezuela.

    FIBA made a mistake of choosing the place. Venezuela was not ready for the challenge and even with some (I would not call it big though) reffing support america's still failed to make it to london.

    I dont mind such tournament happening outside the Europe but it should happen in a country that is at least ready (and have proved it with youth tournament organization etc) and has high level organization.
    Last edited by Darknemo2000; 07-09-2012 at 04:13 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    22,080
    Country: United States

    Default

    The next tournament should be held in Asia. So whatever "bias" there is favoring Asian teams, it will be nullified thanks to the gap of team quality. So if refs side with the Koreans, Euro or American teams won't find such ruling decisive.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nikoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Dear Vlado,
    You guys lost to a team who's pointguard shot 0/10 ZERO OUT OF TEN and if you wanted to go to London so much, why didn't you play lock down defense on Francisco Garcia who raped you the whole game.
    Thank you.
    47-70
    76-58

  10. #10
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    2,092
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    The tournament was clearly biased towards the Americas! So biased none of them made the olympics.
    The reason was that in the tournament participated tiny little country from middle europe who stoped all 3 americas team...and become the biggest enemy in venezualia...There were something wrong with this tournament and everybody saw that in one or other aspect...Somthing here wasnt right greece would beat nigeria 9 off 10times and macedonia would beat dominic streetball game 8 of 10 times...
    Fiba knew very well that europeans league can do nothing about dates and FIBA KNEW THOSE EXACT DATES WHEN EUROPEANS LEAGUS FINIShES very well believe me... THIS WAR BETWEEN FIBA AND FIBA EUROPE are becoming very ugly...i think mostly of you heard that fiba decided that their should be only 1 euro championship in olimpic circle and fiba europe do not agree and then fiba fired Zanolin for nothing...its getting ugly and europe can wait for more suprises from fiba with competitions in latin america in the future...

    8 from 10 strongest teams in the world are form europe..and they are giving euorpe just 2 direct places to olimpic games from euro champ..its a joke ..."to qualife to olimpic in 2000 was 5 times easier than in 2012"... this was the words of our veteran Jasikevicius who paricipated in 2000,2004,2008 and gona do that in 2012 olimpics...have you seen how competitve last eurobasket2011 was? we were playign at home and lost even 3 times and we were lucky to get 5th place !!! all those tunisia,chinas,autralias wouldnt even make 1/4 game in euro champ...and they are getting spot in every olimpic just for free...
    Last edited by Shawshank; 07-09-2012 at 07:49 AM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympiacos View Post
    He speaks the TRUTH. I really hope that someone from the Greek delegation will also write a letter. Both FYROM and Greece were robbed of the Olympics by the refs and this kind of thing has to come to an end. People that defend the refs and claim nothing shady went on are only making the situation worse, as are the people that say no one should complain about the refs, even when they decide the outcome of games on their own.

    FIBA's reffing has gotten to the point of being absurdly ludicrous in the last few years. Even the worst of NBA reffing is far superior. Something has to be done, and telling people to shut up and stop complaining about it only makes matters worse, and shows a real lack of class and manners.

    There IS a huge problem, and it is not ever going to be corrected unless more guys like Ilievsky speak up. Greek coach Zouros complained about the refs too, and was only bashed for it. As if now it's suddenly wrong to simply tell the truth.
    It does not help the cause when you sound like a sore loser

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    431
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    It does not help the cause when you sound like a sore loser
    You come into the Greece - Nigeria thread and post that Spanoulis wasn't even fouled on the last shot. You clearly didn't watch any of these games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    The reason was that in the tournament participated tiny little country from middle europe who stoped all 3 americas team...and become the biggest enemy in venezualia...There were something wrong with this tournament and everybody saw that in one or other aspect...Somthing here wasnt right greece would beat nigeria 9 off 10times and macedonia would beat dominic streetball game 8 of 10 times...
    Fiba knew very well that europeans league can do nothing about dates and FIBA KNEW THOSE EXACT DATES WHEN EUROPEANS LEAGUS FINIShES very well believe me... THIS WAR BETWEEN FIBA AND FIBA EUROPE are becoming very ugly...i think mostly of you heard that fiba decided that their should be only 1 euro championship in olimpic circle and fiba europe do not agree and then fiba fired Zanolin for nothing...its getting ugly and europe can wait for more suprises from fiba with competitions in latin america in the future...

    Everybody knows that 8 from 10 strongest teams in the world are form europe..and they are giving euorpe just 2 direct places to olimpic games from euro champ..its a joke ...to qualife to olimpic in 2000 was 5 times easier than in 2012...have you seen how compeptitve last eurobasket2011 was? we were playign at home and lost even 3 times and we were lucky to get 5th place !!! all those tunisia,chinas,autralias wouldnt even make 1/4 game in euro champ...and they are getting spot in every olimpic just for free...
    I really believe that the European federations should just stop competing in anything related to FIBA.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympiacos View Post
    You come into the Greece - Nigeria thread and post that Spanoulis wasn't even fouled on the last shot. You clearly didn't watch any of these games.



    I really believe that the European federations should just stop competing in anything related to FIBA.
    Yes he was not fouled. Just wait another 4 years.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Mojado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Little Tobago
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympiacos View Post
    You come into the Greece - Nigeria thread and post that Spanoulis wasn't even fouled on the last shot. You clearly didn't watch any of these games.



    I really believe that the European federations should just stop competing in anything related to FIBA.
    Just one question: Why did Spanoulis reacted the way after the blocked shot like he did? He did not complain, none of the Greek players ran towards the refs to complain...

    Always love disgruntled people here reacting like little kids when it comes to losses but bragging about how good their teams are when they win. Take it like a man, Olympiacos not like some kid that got candy ripped off his hand.

    I have no problem with Greece and Lithuania forming their own little championship..oh you can take your bitter enemies FYROM into your three-way encounter. Bet refs wont be better in those duels. Same predicitions: Refs are biased because...blah blah blah...

    You really making Greece look ugly to many with your crying. Thank god I know how beautiful Greece is, otherwise I would say that Piraeus must be as ugly as your spams on the board.

    I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

    TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    431
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Yes he was not fouled. Just wait another 4 years.
    Like I said, you didn't watch the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    Just one question: Why did Spanoulis reacted the way after the blocked shot like he did? He did not complain, none of the Greek players ran towards the refs to complain...

    Always love disgruntled people here reacting like little kids when it comes to losses but bragging about how good their teams are when they win. Take it like a man, Olympiacos not like some kid that got candy ripped off his hand.

    I have no problem with Greece and Lithuania forming their own little championship..oh you can take your bitter enemies FYROM into your three-way encounter. Bet refs wont be better in those duels. Same predicitions: Refs are biased because...blah blah blah...

    You really making Greece look ugly to many with your crying. Thank god I know how beautiful Greece is, otherwise I would say that Piraeus must be as ugly as your spams on the board.
    You didn't see the games either. Greek players and coaches were complaining to the refs. Spanoulis was complaining to the refs. You just proved that you didn't even watch the game, yet are here telling everyone it "wasn't a foul".

  16. #16
    Senior Member DanMajerle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Greece just plainly FAILED. They lost to Nigeria. If you can't beat Nigeria in an elimination game, you don't deserve to go to the Olympics. Greece has a team that should never have allowed it to be a close game. Don't always blame the others, you should better start looking how you can improve to be among the best teams again in the future.

    Same with Macedonia, if you have such a high lead you have to play smarter. They just took bad shots, made bad decisions and (as in Eurobasket) had problems ith their physical condition due to their short rotation. McCalebb was done mid third half and could only walk as he didn't get any rest.
    "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

    Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    431
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanMajerle View Post
    Greece just plainly FAILED. They lost to Nigeria. If you can't beat Nigeria in an elimination game, you don't deserve to go to the Olympics. Greece has a team that should never have allowed it to be a close game. Don't always blame the others, you should better start looking how you can improve to be among the best teams again in the future.

    Same with Macedonia, if you have such a high lead you have to play smarter. They just took bad shots, made bad decisions and (as in Eurobasket) had problems ith their physical condition due to their short rotation. McCalebb was done mid third half and could only walk as he didn't get any rest.
    Right, Greece and FYROM should be expected to win every game 5 against 8. Otherwise they "suck".

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    Just one question: Why did Spanoulis reacted the way after the blocked shot like he did? He did not complain, none of the Greek players ran towards the refs to complain...

    Always love disgruntled people here reacting like little kids when it comes to losses but bragging about how good their teams are when they win. Take it like a man, Olympiacos not like some kid that got candy ripped off his hand.

    I have no problem with Greece and Lithuania forming their own little championship..oh you can take your bitter enemies FYROM into your three-way encounter. Bet refs wont be better in those duels. Same predicitions: Refs are biased because...blah blah blah...

    You really making Greece look ugly to many with your crying. Thank god I know how beautiful Greece is, otherwise I would say that Piraeus must be as ugly as your spams on the board.
    Spanoulis did not feel any contact that is why he did not bother. His body language says it all. His action speak louder than words.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    431
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Spanoulis did not feel any contact that is why he did not bother. His body language says it all. His action speak louder than words.
    Why are you commenting about a game that you didn't watch? Has it even occurred to you that others here actually saw the game and know you are making this stuff up?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympiacos View Post
    Why are you commenting about a game that you didn't watch? Has it even occurred to you that others here actually saw the game and know you are making this stuff up?
    Dont worry Dagunduro might get a second look from the Lakers after that dream shattering performance. This is a good laugh for another 4 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •