11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russia

9 81.82%
  • Nigeria

2 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Semifinals: Russia vs. Nigeria

Great halftime music ))))
    Russia is killing D'Tigers with defense and sharpshooting, Nigeria must try and counter it with hustling and hard man to man D, combined with penetration baskets.
    47-70
    76-58

Unless Nigeria comes back and plays with some heart and spirit this game will not be close. The Nigerians have no clear advantage over the Russians.

Well, second quarter not so good for Nigeria. I'd like to say that they missed too many shots close to the basket during the stretch where Russia extended their lead, but FIBA's lame matchtracker doesn't have a shot chart. What is wrong with the fibalivestats tracker they use for 90% of events?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

I'm having flashbacks to Ivan Drago vs Apollo Creed...

Russia looks like a serious medal contender, and barring massive comeback we can start figuring out how they match up against Spain and the US.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

GAME OVER! Russia is too strong and the Nigerians seem uninterested. On a lighter note USA Basketball is releasing the names of the 2012 NT in 20 minutes. Cheers!

Banned

It is karma for Nigeria to lose and lose the next game and be eliminated. No team should be at the Olympics, solely due to the refs helping them.

Hopefully they lose both games. It's not right for a team to get an Olympics spot just because the refs wanted them to.

silent come back???

Nigeria's showing heart if nothing else.

Hard to beat any team that shoots over 50% from 3
    Last edited by Dtown; 07-07-2012 at 11:12 PM.

???? why didn't they fouled?

I hate this game. Nigerians are playing aggressively, committing fouls left and right, and the refs are not calling those fouls. Then, when refs do blow the whistle, they look all innocent and surprised at the refs. F*ck them!

Congrats to Russia capturing the 10th ticket to London!

Nigeria is still in very good position for tomorrow, I stand by my Russia was the best team in this tournament. No offense to the Dominicans and Lithuanians of course.

Good fake comeback by Nigeria but Russia had the answer the couple times they needed it. Gotta love Fridzon's tournament line of 11/14 from three and 5/12 from the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macleopard13 View Post
    I hate this game. Nigerians are playing aggressively, committing fouls left and right, and the refs are not calling those fouls. Then, when refs do blow the whistle, they look all innocent and surprised at the refs. F*ck them!
    FIBA refs are doing everything they possibly can to get Nigeria to the Olympics. This whole tournament is an absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Nigeria is still in very good position for tomorrow, I stand by my Russia was the best team in this tournament. No offense to the Dominicans and Lithuanians of course.
    You are right! Russia was the best team of the tournament. If Bykov and Vorontsevich are OK for London, then they will be a serious metal contender.
    Terrific 3pt shooting by the Russians today (13/27, 52%)!

Nigeria shows great passion and still have a chance to qualify. Ike Diogu hit another double-double (16p-14r). That's his third double-double of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by macleopard13 View Post
    How is that vastlt different than the Russian players?? All player complain to refs, flop etc...

Shitty game. I'm happy we finally won but our choking in the second half is a very dangerous worrying sign. Dagunduro plays huge for two games in a row against elite Euro opponent. I think he can exchange Belgian league to something more classy in a near future. The main problems for us is the absence of Bykov (especially hurting since Shved is playing like a real moron) and the injury of Mozgov which makes us extremely thin in C position. But this team has a definite potential and could be a medal contender. Though I won't be surprised that much if we'll suck in a atrocious Pekin manner.

I'm so dissapointed in that 2nd quarter, the Russians were just too strong, well deserved. I just hope that the Nigerians have not run out of steam
    Visit http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/ for Nigerian Basketball

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12