Shame on Venezuela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -K2- View Post
    So you guys screw the home country and expect to be treated like nothin happened??

The least that the venezuela govermemt should do is to cut running water from ur team hotel room. U dint want to come back to latinamerica? Dont do it, if it was to us we would not go to europe but since FIBA always award europeans the top tournaments we dont have no choice. Yall lucky u never play on this side of the world.
    Dont you think that Euros get awarded hosting tournaments more oftenly because they prepare them with quality something that cannot be said about Venezuella like countries.

Comment

So, you really think they brought the tanks out to disrupt Lithuanian NT's training?

Comment

Off the court, Phoenix Suns international scout Kornell David couldn’t find fault with how the tournament in the newly-constructed Poliedro de Caracas has been run.

“I think it’s a brilliantly organised event, and that surprised me because it’s not a common thing to bring such a tournament down here to Venezuela,” he said.

Russia coach David Blatt agreed after two straight nights with 7000-plus crowds despite the home team not participating in the knockout rounds.

“Everybody who was here will go home and say good things about Venezuela,” he said.

FIBA President Yvan Mainini said: “I have seen a lot of organisation of basketball events in my life, something like 50 years in basketball and next year it is 14 years in FIBA.

“To make things clear there was good organisation at this event, but there are some things I can say were not only just good, but excellent.”
        Originally posted by Fedfan
        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
        Originally posted by GuTO
        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

2 very polite guys and Mainini

Comment

If nothing else I'll give props to Venezuela for the attendance. I thought we'd see nothing but empty gyms after the home team went out.
            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
              http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...9/article.html

Off the court, Phoenix Suns international scout Kornell David couldn’t find fault with how the tournament in the newly-constructed Poliedro de Caracas has been run.

“I think it’s a brilliantly organised event, and that surprised me because it’s not a common thing to bring such a tournament down here to Venezuela,” he said.

Russia coach David Blatt agreed after two straight nights with 7000-plus crowds despite the home team not participating in the knockout rounds.

“Everybody who was here will go home and say good things about Venezuela,” he said.

FIBA President Yvan Mainini said: “I have seen a lot of organisation of basketball events in my life, something like 50 years in basketball and next year it is 14 years in FIBA.

“To make things clear there was good organisation at this event, but there are some things I can say were not only just good, but excellent.”

Interviewer: - Organizational lining - the problem with the light, cleaning the floor on the basketball court, you have experienced in training before the game with Korea, are not repeated?

Andrei Kirilenko: - In South America, always hard for the organization of the competition. Simply, we are accustomed to the same level, but here it is a bit does not correspond to European standards.

Comment

Originally posted by JBlaze1 View Post
                So, you really think they brought the tanks out to disrupt Lithuanian NT's training?
                What were tanks doing in the streets of Caracas anyway? Ice cream kiosks are something I expect on the streets of a major city, but tanks, no never.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                  What were tanks doing in the streets of Caracas anyway? Ice cream kiosks are something I expect on the streets of a major city, but tanks, no never.
                  Originally posted by Fedfan
                  Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                  Originally posted by GuTO
                  refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Just so you see that Lithuanians were not the only ones unhappy with the hosts.

Russia point guard Alexey Shved on Tuesday slammed the choice of Venezuela as host venue for the Olympic basketball qualification tournament, saying the players are cooped up in their hotel because of the high crime rate.

Three Olympic places are on offer qualifying tournament in the Venezuelan capital Caracas, which contains 12 teams and runs through Sunday.

The military have been called in to protect players, as Caracas has one of the highest murder rates of any city in the world, fueled by criminal gangs and widespread gun ownership.

“We can’t go out of the hotel here, we’re not allowed,” Shved said when asked about the country’s crime rate.

“Everything’s unrealistically expensive, boring.”

Caracas beat a rival bid from Lithuania to host the tournament, but Shved said international basketball bosses at FIBA made the wrong decision.

“It would actually be really good if the qualification was in Lithuania,” he said.
                    Russia point guard Alexey Shved on Tuesday slammed the choice of Venezuela as host venue for the Olympic basketball qualification tournament, saying the players are cooped up in their hotel because of the high crime rate.

Comment

if god was a troll, he would force the lithuanian plane out of venezuela to an emergency landing, just to annoy you all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle View Post
                        Greece just plainly FAILED. They lost to Nigeria. If you can't beat Nigeria in an elimination game, you don't deserve to go to the Olympics. Greece has a team that should never have allowed it to be a close game. Don't always blame the others, you should better start looking how you can improve to be among the best teams again in the future.

Same with Macedonia, if you have such a high lead you have to play smarter. They just took bad shots, made bad decisions and (as in Eurobasket) had problems ith their physical condition due to their short rotation. McCalebb was done mid third half and could only walk as he didn't get any rest.
                        Yes very true that we did not rotate as we should I mean you can not keep 212 CL Nikolovski from the court 40 min. + Darko Sokolov playd 24 min per game in Poland 2009, 9 min per game in Lithuania and 0 min in Venezuela. Just do not understand that. And even damjan Stojanovsko got less time than in Lithuania.

At 20 points up and still not resting Ilievski and Makaleb is a huge mistake.

So we can not blame reffs fore the poor attack.

But reffs did absolutely destory our defence with so many noon existing fauls. Antic, Samardzitski, Cekovski with out these we have no defence and even Gibraltar will win.

Lets not forgett that main factor to our succes in Lithuania wos oure defence (best defence in europe) with out that defence we aint the same team.

Finaly after 2 poor matches with littel will our defence started to showe the class from Lithuania eye of the tiger yet again. But reffs destroyd our defence.

With Antic (18 min) and and Cekovski (19 min) ont he court 26 min we won the duel with 16 points.
                        FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

I found this article written in Lithuanian (http://www.krepsinis.net/olimpiada/v...aukuras/204700). Enjoy !

Venezuela is certain that Nigeria, Lithuania and Greece conspired against them

Nigerian basketball players did everything they could to withhold the rumors that Lithuania lost to Nigeria on purpose in order to eliminate the hosts. And, by successfully participating in this tournament, Nigeria proved the fact that they can play in the Olympics for the first time in history. However, Venezuela has indirect evidence that Lithuania and Nigeria conspired against the hosts.

This week, Venezuelan basketball representatives protested to FIBA, claiming that the two teams conspired to eliminate Venezuela from the tournament.

They also claimed that the Lithuanians purposefully didn't play aggressively, that the team lacked manliness and heart. Lithuanians, losing to Nigerians, plotted a revenge against Venezuela, which was justly angry at the Lithuanian coaches, which took a timeout with 4.5 seconds left of the game in order to humiliate its opponent.

The Venezuelans stated that the Lithuanians shameless avenged themselves because Venezuela, not Lithuania, won the right to hold the tournament. This country's main competitor in this tournament, according to Venezuelans, was Lithuania.

Also, the day before Lithuania's match against Nigeria, Venezuelan fans filmed the Lithuanian head coach Kestutis Kemzura talking with the Greek head coach Illias Zouros.

This clip was repeated over and over on various local TV channels - it is widely believed that Lithuania and Greece decided the fate of Venezuela and left everything up to Nigeria. "How is it possible that a month old Nigerian team could easily beat a powerful team like Lithuania? And what's so special about Nigeria, anyways?" asked ESPN.

"I don't know who says what. We proved that all those talks are bullsh*t. No one handed to us an opportunity. We believed in ourselves and the Nigerian fans believed in us," said the Nigerian team captain Olumide Oyedeji.

Later, he added, "we beat the world's fifth best team. So what? Someday, we'll beat the world's fourth best team. Don't think that we're nothing - after all, we once beat Yugoslavia."

When will this conspiracy theory be forgotten? Time will tell. All we can do is hope that the two teams that turned the world upside down - Nigeria and Venezuela - will soon forget to mention it.

Comment

I can understand why they would say Nigeria and Litrhuania. After all lithuanians did not play all out in that game and played knowing the difference they can loose which is always a wrong approach to a game.

BUT, why the hell Greece?

According to them Greece willingly gave away the Olympic spot to nigeria just like that? Are venezuellians such (insert appropriate word) to actually believe that?

Comment

Originally posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
                              I can understand why they would say Nigeria and Litrhuania. After all lithuanians did not play all out in that game and played knowing the difference they can loose which is always a wrong approach to a game.

BUT, why the hell Greece?

According to them Greece willingly gave away the Olympic spot to nigeria just like that? Are venezuellians such (insert appropriate word) to actually believe that?
                              Why? Cause I guess they thought that for Greece it would be easier to play against Nigeria than hosts. I suppose local media was rating own team as huge threat, so Greece chose the easier opponent this way

Comment

Those venezualians are just biggest loosers i have seen in long long time.They are searching for some kind conspiracy theories just to able to explain why they team didnt qualified for Olimpics.If you believe them what are they saying,so not only lithuania lost on purpose to nigeria,greece did that and dominic respublic did that too...Final standings shown that venezualians got the strongest group but still they cant get the fact that their team was weakest in that group...Its was everybodys fault that venezualians team didnt qualife except their own...

They saw zouros talking to kemzura and that means they are making plans how to eliminate venezuala??? my god what a fantasy...Yeah two elite team in basketball are afraid of team like venezuala...and that conversation was day after lithuanian beat venezualia easily 100-82...

Yeah it looks logical Lithuania,greece and nigeria fixed games just to eliminate the basketball power - venezuala my god they found out that what we gona do now ? ))

I believe FIBA should disqualife Lithuania,Nigeria and Greece from fiba competions atleast for 5 years.And let venezuala and korea play in 2012 olimpics instead of liths and nigeria...
                                Last edited by Shawshank; 07-10-2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information