23 76.67%
  • Nigeria

7 23.33%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarterfinals: Greece vs Nigeria

Default Quarterfinals: Greece vs Nigeria

Greece 1.05
    Nigeria 8.00

Unexpected clash. Venezuela out. Not the Greeks would had problems with Venezuela even in front of 14.000 fans.
    FAMILY AERODROM

This match will be a good training because in the SF we will face Russia,
    but I dont want to underestimate Nigerians.

Quote Originally Posted by MZT Skopje View Post
    Greece 1.05
    Nigeria 8.00

Unexpected clash. Venezuela out. Not the Greeks would had problems with Venezuela even in front of 14.000 fans.
    Wow you can get rich if you bet on Nigeria and they win somehow

Its a very high konf. i am wondering after they beat Lithuania...

This is a game were we would definitely need Big Sofo's inside game for 10-15 minutes to foul out some Nigerian players. Nigeria is a very athletic team which has also very good shooting skills. Greece had a hard time against them in the preparation and also the Lithuanian loss is a big exclamation mark. So Greece is warned and does not understimate them!
    Last edited by fasoulaki; 07-05-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    This is a game were we would definitely need Big Sofo's inside game for 10-15 minutes to foul out some Nigerian players. Nigeria is very athletic team which has also very good shooting skills. Greece had a hard time against them in the preparation and also the Lithuanian loss is a big exclamation mark. So Greece is warned and does understimate them!
    NOT underestimate them, you mean

Greece almost lost to Nigeria in a friendly game in Brazil where Nigeria was ahead until the final quarter. On top of that, Nigeria has managed to beat Lithuania. So if Greece takes the game lightly, they will be in big trouble. The Greek defence will be crucial to win the game.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Well the Greek team has had ample warning not to take the Nigerian team too lightly. Greece should therefore emerge the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Greece almost lost to Nigeria in a friendly game in Brazil where Nigeria was ahead until the final quarter. On top of that, Nigeria has managed to beat Lithuania. So if Greece takes the game lightly, they will be in big trouble. The Greek defence will s crucial to win the game.
    Friendlies are absolutely meaningless and Litnuania did not play as hard as they wouldve because they had to avoid losing by more than 11 pts to Nigeria to avoid losing first place in their group.

Nigeria beat last-place Venezuela by 2 pts in that group!

Nigeria is an excellent team but I think Greece will win by 10-15 points. It will be close in the first half but then Greece will pull away in the second half. The key stat for Nigeria will be offensive rebounds and shots differential (i.e. how many more shots than Greece they take). If these numbers are above 10, Nigeria has a shot to win, I think.

Nigeria will need to stop Spanoulis, read the full report here http://nigerian-basketball.blogspot....th-greece.html

Nigeria just need to believe in themselves and all will be well.
    Visit http://teamnigeriabasketball.com/ for Nigerian Basketball

The Greeks major threat comes from their penetrating passing and their outside shooting. All this is orchestrated by their point guard Vassilis Spanoulus , he scored 27 points in the last game against Dominica Rep, and he was the player that exploited Nigeria’s defence when they last met, In that game, he consistently knocked down the three pointer and found the open man. He finished with 20 points in that game as Greece overturned a third quarter deficit to win the game. Spanoulis brings NBA and solid Euro-league experience to the team.
    So this is the result of your scouting effort?! You just have to stop Spanoulis and you get the victory? I am sincerely hopeing that the official Negerian scount will report the same to his team.

So this is the result of your scouting effort?! You just have to stop Spanoulis and you get the victory? I am sincerely hopeing that the official Negerian scount will report the same to his team.
    Well from the games that Ive seen, everything stands and falls with Spanoulis. Really a difference maker, even some Greek fans said it here that about the preparation games to this tournament. Neverthenless, there are more factors besides Spanoulis thats true. Since you live in Düsseldorf, will the Greek fans prematurly run onto the court today?

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    Well from the games that Ive seen, everything stands and falls with Spanoulis. Really a difference maker, even some Greek fans said it here that about the preparation games to this tournament. Neverthenless, there are more factors besides Spanoulis thats true.
    Focusing on Spanoulis doesn't seem like a good idea, since Greece is shooting 24/48 (50%) behind the arc so far...
    By double teaming Span you might reduce his scoring production but you will allow many open shots to the rest of our players.
    Don't forget that we are the best 3pt shooting team on the tournament.

Nigeria has some versatile defenders with great length who can produce some good man to man defence on Span.

Nigeria must keep Skinn away from foul troubles. Greece is gonna put a lot of pressure on this guy, since we know that he is the only true PG of Nigerian roster.

Greece's biggest problem so far is defence, especially inside the paint.

I think we will win but we should be focused and improve our defence...

Well from the games that Ive seen, everything stands and falls with Spanoulis. Really a difference maker, even some Greek fans said it here that about the preparation games to this tournament. Neverthenless, there are more factors besides Spanoulis thats true. Since you live in Düsseldorf, will the reek fans prematurly run onto the court today?
    Actually I was born and raised in the neighbouring city Cologne and I have absolutly no sympathy for the Düsseldorf snob-fans who once in their life got the opportunity to run on the court and burn some bengalos

For sure Spanoulis raised the level of the team but it would be a fatal mistake if the Nigerian defensive system would be focused on Spanoulis only.
    I am curious to see what kind of strategy Zouros prepared for the game today and if some crucial players have been benchend in the Puerto game for tactical reasons.

After seeing both teams play in the past few days, I would say Greece has the definite upper hand. Nigeria can score a win if they can limit Greece's outside shooting, which was very good in their last two games.

Is it me or does Greece always have an assured victory if they hit their 3 pointers with a good percentage?
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

I'm expecting a very serious greek team and an easy +20 in the first half.After that we ll easily keep the difference with a good rotation until Nigeria get exausted or in foul trouble.Nigeria is a good team but they have lost the advandage of surprise.Also there is not the unknown factor as the Greek team already know their players by their friendly match 1 week ago.I remember that the nigerians were very passionate and focused as they were against Lithuania while the greek team looked bored until the last 2-3 mins of the game.Nigeria will get surprised once they understand that they play against a completely different team.I think its a mistake to focus on Spanoulis because he will either get your guards in foul trouble or will exploit your defense with his assists on open teamates.In his good day he could destroy you ofcourse but he isn't the only one.Fotsis and Bourousis could do the same if you let them.The greek team though does not need a good day from one of those guys to win a game like that.Our teamwork,passing and when we want lock-down defense along with our deep roster usually are enough to beat any opponent and unluckly for the nigerians they cant do much to eliminate those factors.
    Olympiacos back-to-back Euroleague Champions

Quote Originally Posted by plato-ny View Post
    Friendlies are absolutely meaningless and Litnuania did not play as hard as they wouldve because they had to avoid losing by more than 11 pts to Nigeria to avoid losing first place in their group.

Nigeria beat last-place Venezuela by 2 pts in that group!
    Nope. They lost by two. But they have beaten Lithuania not Luxembourg or Papau-New Guinee.

I from Wisconsin!

Actually I was born and raised in the neighbouring city Cologne and I have absolutly no sympathy for the Düsseldorf snob-fans who once in their life got the opportunity to run on the court and burn some bengalos

For sure Spanoulis raised the level of the team but it would be a fatal mistake if the Nigerian defensive system would be focused on Spanoulis only.
    I am curious to see what kind of strategy Zouros prepared for the game today and if some crucial players have been benchend in the Puerto game for tactical reasons.
    Burning bengalos is usually a tradition for the Geißböcke, especially if they are being relegated...which happens often these days Forza Fortuna Köln (Just kidding...)

There is no defensive system or tactics in Nigerian D. Its purely relying on the athletic abilities of each player. They will be a tough nut to crack though since even Puerto Rico isnt known to defend well. Neverthenless, I still believe Greece is going to the semis due to bad decisions in the third Q. Skinn cant be always playing that well and he said, he is feeling sore, so the only PG of Nigeria might be the x-factor later tonight.

I from Wisconsin!

Quote Originally Posted by Psofimis View Post
    I'm expecting a very serious greek team and an easy +20 in the first half.After that we ll easily keep the difference with a good rotation until Nigeria get exausted or in foul trouble.Nigeria is a good team but they have lost the advandage of surprise.Also there is not the unknown factor as the Greek team already know their players by their friendly match 1 week ago.I remember that the nigerians were very passionate and focused as they were against Lithuania while the greek team looked bored until the last 2-3 mins of the game.Nigeria will get surprised once they understand that they play against a completely different team.I think its a mistake to focus on Spanoulis because he will either get your guards in foul trouble or will exploit your defense with his assists on open teamates.In his good day he could destroy you ofcourse but he isn't the only one.Fotsis and Bourousis could do the same if you let them.The greek team though does not need a good day from one of those guys to win a game like that.Our teamwork,passing and when we want lock-down defense along with our deep roster usually are enough to beat any opponent and unluckly for the nigerians they cant do much to eliminate those factors.
    +20 in the first half?
    If I am reading your summary on the Greek team, and if I would not know that Greece failed in the last Eurobasket, I would think: Wow, that's a team going for Gold in London this year. Reality is different though...every team is in Venezuela for a good reason There are weaknesses in the team, lets see when and if they will be exposed in the next days.

I from Wisconsin!

+20 in the first half?
    Judging from what I have seen in the friendly a double digit lead <20 could be possible but Nigerians would be able to reduce thise lead very fast since greek defense is not able to stop the athletic Nigerian players.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast