Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: [DAY 4] OQT Favorites

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,365
    Country: United States

    Default [DAY 4] OQT Favorites

    Time for a lighter off-day thread. List your favorite things from the tournament so far.

    Favorite Player: Greivis Vasquez. So...charismatic.
    Favorite Coach: Flor Melendez. He just looks so Puerto Rican.
    Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Elpidio Fortuna, Tai Webster, Vassilis Spanoulis.
    Favorite Result: Nigeria over Lithuania, in an upset over Puerto Rico's predictable loss to Greece.
    Favorite Aspect of FIBA Tournaments: That they don't play all the final games of the same group at the same time. Sure it is fairer in soccer, but Lithuania losing to Nigeria to eliminate Venezuela is funnier, and from the standpoint of the neutral fan isn't that what counts?
    Favorite Lithuanianized Name: A. Skinnas. Kind of a weak field this tournament.
    Favorite Overmatched Team: Korea. At least they tried.
    Favorite How does this Player get $6 Million a Year Player: Francisco Garcia.
    Last edited by JGX; 07-05-2012 at 05:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mojado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Little Tobago
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Time for a lighter off-day thread. List your favorite things from the tournament so far.

    Favorite Player: Greivis Vasquez. So...charismatic.
    Favorite Coach: Flor Melendez. He just looks so Puerto Rican.
    Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Elpidio Fortuna, Tai Webster, Vassilis Spanoulis.
    Favorite Result: Nigeria over Lithuania, in an upset over Puerto Rico's predictable loss to Greece.
    Favorite Aspect of FIBA Tournaments: That they don't play all the final games of the same group at the same time. Sure it is fairer in soccer, but Lithuania losing to Nigeria to eliminate Venezuela is funnier, and from the standpoint of the neutral fan isn't that what counts?
    Favorite Lithuanianized Name: A. Skinnas. Kind of a weak field this tournament.
    Favorite Overmatched Team: Korea. At least they tried.
    Favorite How does this Player get $6 Million a Year Player: Francisco Garcia.
    Favorite Player: Tony Skinn. Got sick shortly before tournament started and played through it with cramps in his legs.
    Favorite Coach: Eric Musselman. he nearly caused NATO retaliation against Venezuela.Refused to fly into Lithuanian territory to shake hands.
    Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Korean squad except Eric Sandrin.
    Favorite Result: Nigeria's winner over Lithuania as well as Angola's W against Robin MK.
    Favorite Aspect of this FIBA Tournament: Lots of fans are watching the games there. In Greece, in 2008, the gym was completly empty except when Slovenia or Greece were playing.
    Favorite Lithuanianized Name: Erikas Sandrinas.
    Favorite Overmatched Team: Musselman and Vasquez.
    All-Name Team:
    Olimpio Cipriano = The Olympic-delegation of Cyprus should name him as team-captain.
    Elpidio Fortuna = Asks for fortune.
    Enver Soobzokov = aka Zub Zero from Running Man.
    Deividas Dulkys = aka Dulk Dogan.
    Jeremiah Truemen = Old fashioned & masculine.
    Chamberlain Oguchi beat out Koko Archibong with his first name.
    Windi Graterol beat out John Cox last name with his first name.

    I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

    TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    394
    Country: Greece

    Default

    FAVORITE PLAYER:Linas Kleiza
    FAVORITE COACH:Ilias Zouros
    FAVORITE PLAYERS I HAD NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL THIS SUMMER:Vlado Ilievski,Greivis Vasquez
    FAVORITE RESULT:Greece-Puerto Rico 98-84
    FAVORITE ASPECT ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENT:Greece will qualify easily
    FAVORITE OVERMATCHED TEAM:Nigeria

  4. #4
    Senior Member macleopard13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,110
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Favorite Player: Linas Kleiza. He saved our asses in game uno.
    Favorite Coach: Eric Musselman. Such a drama queen .
    Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Eduardo Mingas. Great performance in game uno!
    Favorite Result: Angola's win against Macedonia.
    Favorite Aspect of this FIBA Tournament: intense situations - when a fight is about to break out, game is tied, etc.
    Favorite Lithuanianized Name: Deividas Kubilius (David Cubillan, "Kubilius" being our [incompetent] Prime Minister)
    Favorite Overmatched Team: Angola

  5. #5
    Senior Member MZT Skopje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    657
    Country: Macedonia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
    FAVORITE PLAYER:Linas Kleiza
    FAVORITE COACH:Ilias Zouros
    FAVORITE PLAYERS I HAD NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL THIS SUMMER:Vlado Ilievski,Greivis Vasquez
    FAVORITE RESULT:Greece-Puerto Rico 98-84
    FAVORITE ASPECT ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENT:Greece will qualify easily
    FAVORITE OVERMATCHED TEAM:Nigeria
    Vlado Ilievski has playd for Montepaski, Barcelona, Efes, Caja, Partizan, Union. Not any anonymous for basketball lovers and is well known for his good play in defence and organization in attack. Poor shoter however but his split vission just superb. Greivis Vasquez Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Hornets.
    FAMILY AERODROM

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    394
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MZT Skopje View Post
    Vlado Ilievski has playd for Montepaski, Barcelona, Efes, Caja, Partizan, Union. Not any anonymous for basketball lovers and is well known for his good play in defence and organization in attack. Poor shoter however but his split vission just superb. Greivis Vasquez Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Hornets.
    I did not know about Vasquez,because I dont watch at all NBA.
    If Vlado has as good career as you told why your leader is Antic and not him?
    And the other guy,JGX,had never listened about Vasilis Spanoulis.Ilievski looked strange to you?

  7. #7
    Senior Member NorCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    972
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
    I did not know about Vasquez,because I dont watch at all NBA.
    If Vlado has as good career as you told why your leader is Antic and not him?
    And the other guy,JGX,had never listened about Vasilis Spanoulis.Ilievski looked strange to you?
    JGX was kidding about not knowing Spanoulis.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    394
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
    JGX was kidding about not knowing Spanoulis.
    How do you know that?However,he should put an emotic to avoid disunderstandings...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Khimki City
    Posts
    969
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    Ok, I'll try to put it serious
    Favorite Player: Draw between Linas Kleiza and Vassilis Spanoulis.
    Favorite Coach: Well, Zouros so far.
    Favorite Players I had never heard of until this summer: Tai Webster.
    Favorite Result: Nigeria upstes Lithuania.
    Favorite Aspect of FIBA Tournaments: It gets trolls here on interbasket from out of nowhere.
    Favorite Lithuanianized Name: Sadly, Liam Kenney isn't Lithuanian.
    Favorite Overmatched Team: Angola.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,027
    Country: Canada

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Favorite Result: Nigeria over Lithuania, in an upset....




    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Favorite Lithuanianized Name: A. Skinnas. Kind of a weak field this tournament.


  11. #11
    Senior Member NorCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    972
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
    How do you know that?However,he should put an emotic to avoid disunderstandings...
    If you had been a member of this site for a few years you would know he is just kidding. He's directing the joke at a particular member of IBN.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,365
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
    How do you know that?However,he should put an emotic to avoid disunderstandings...
    Sorry that you disunderstood my post. NorCal is correct. Of course I remember Spanoulis from college, but I did not know that he was naturalized as a Greek until recently. I thought he played really well today but his teammates let him down. What do people in Greece think?

    People, you are allowed to come up with your own categories!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

  13. #13
    Senior Member NorCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    972
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Sorry that you disunderstood my post. NorCal is correct. Of course I remember Spanoulis from college, but I did not know that he was naturalized as a Greek until recently. I thought he played really well today but his teammates let him down. What do people in Greece think?

    People, you are allowed to come up with your own categories!
    Well done, sir. Truly well done

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •