Thread: Quarterfinals: Lithuania vs. Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos Peiraias View Post
    I am the Greek troller!!!
    15 points go tooooo Greece

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    are only "real" fans allowed to express their opinion here? How about the realistic ones, who can see all the insurmountable flaws of this team? Just because I don't thump my chest and pose like a "true fan", I'm somehow worse than the likes of you? GTFO with this nazi BS from here...
    Put in your head this i wont reapeat : Fan is person who's no matter what support the team he supported for many many years.You are creature callec himself realistic fan witch support teams when they are winning .Real fan suport comes form bottom of their hearts and they never would had said thing like in 2011 and 2012 i wouldnt supported my team,because there were useless coach.But in 2013 when there gonna be other coach maybe i will support it .And this creature is you and you definetely not fan...Fans dont act like you and dont wish they team to loose,just because they could prove some personal opinion like you do right here about kemzura...

Better tonight puerturico wins in other case you lithuanian einstein gonna look stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    Shit! I have to try hard to surpass you!
    You always be 2nd!!

Lithuania takes that if they'll bring and A game no matter how good would be Puerto Rico tonight.

The key of the loss against Nigeria was Kalnieitis horrible performance, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Lithuania takes that if they'll bring and A game no matter how good would be Puerto Rico tonight.

Kalnietis is not the only who should be blamed. He and Maciulis were shooting 2/16 combined and Valanciunas was a disaster at clucth moments. Not to mention all the team showed 'blah, we dont care' attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal2k10 View Post
    Kalnietis is not the only who should be blamed. He and Maciulis were shooting 2/16 combined and Valanciunas was a disaster at clucth moments. Not to mention all the team showed 'blah, we dont care' attitude
    I didn't say it's the only reason, but Kalnieits' performance was the key I think. As a point guard he's not only made some horrible moves (shots), but at the same time disbalanced all the team. He's the main point guard and he was just sinking the team. But I'm pretty sure he'll be different tonight. He was great against Venezuela.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Put in your head this i wont reapeat : Fan is person who's no matter what support the team he supported for many many years.You are creature callec himself realistic fan witch support teams when they are winning .Real fan suport comes form bottom of their hearts and they never would had said thing like in 2011 and 2012 i wouldnt supported my team,because there were useless coach.But in 2013 when there gonna be other coach maybe i will support it .And this creature is you and you definetely not fan...Fans dont act like you and dont wish they team to loose,just because they could prove some personal opinion like you do right here about kemzura...

Better tonight puerturico wins in other case you lithuanian einstein gonna look stupid...
    All right, break up the fight .

I think a true fan can criticize his team. But a true fan never lets pessimism get in his way of his perception of the situation. You can't say outright that who will win or lose - there's been plenty of surprises in this tournament so that no one can be 100% certain. The only thing you can do is hope that your team will win. If you cheer against your team or only focus on the negatives of your team, then you're not a real fan of that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post

I think it's about time you calm down and get it through your thick skin - you don't need to be a fan of particular team in order to criticize it...and I never called myself a fan of THIS team anyway, so spare me your condescending tone pal. I think this coach and his style suck and I have no reason to think otherwise. Goodbye now

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post

Totally agree - and if I may add,this was very uncharacteristic of him.
    He was out of the game,taking one bad decision after another,and missing shots too.
    What worries me is the fact that he is not kind of player who after bad game can shake it off easily.
    He needs trust and minutes to build up his confidence.
    Bearing this in mind,he played beyond bad.
    So maybe half decent game from him would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by macleopard13 View Post
    All right, break up the fight .

I think a true fan can criticize his team. But a true fan never lets pessimism get in his way of his perception of the situation. ......The only thing you can do is hope that your team will win. If you cheer against your team or only focus on the negatives of your team, then you're not a real fan of that team.
    Amen to that.
    Sir,I applaud you for putting my exact feelings into your so beautifully composed post.
    As long as there is a game to play,there is a chance to win.
    Max,honestly,cut this crap.We all here for the sake of one team,hoping and praying,and drinking in my case ,for the win.
    Why don't you just enjoy anticipation?
    The rest seems to

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    and I never called myself a fan of THIS team anyway, so spare me your condescending tone pal. I think this coach and his style suck and I have no reason to think otherwise. Goodbye now
    That just plain stupid
    In this case,if you need sure win,you should be supporting Harlem globetrotters

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
    This is the game I didn't want to see...at least no in this single elimination phase. :\

I have too many Lithuanian friends and great love for Lietuva Even have a huge flag in my living room! I will be watching this game with my friend from (Silute).

Good luck to both teams...as myliu Lietuva!
    Cool! Have you ever visited Lithuania?

I think the worst thing that happened to Puerto Rico was that previous Lithuanian loss. I expect them to come out at 100% after that shock.
    I think you are right. The game against Nigeria was a wakeup call for the Lithuanian team and I think they'll come out with something to prove.

I think a true fan can criticize his team. But a true fan never lets pessimism get in his way of his perception of the situation. You can't say outright that who will win or lose - there's been plenty of surprises in this tournament so that no one can be 100% certain. The only thing you can do is hope that your team will win. If you cheer against your team or only focus on the negatives of your team, then you're not a real fan of that team.
    I agree. You don't stop supporting your team because you don't like the coach or even some of the players. Coaches and players come and go but a real fan still wears his colours proudly and exults in their victories and is despondent with defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Cool! Have you ever visited Lithuania?

I think you are right. The game against Nigeria was a wakeup call for the Lithuanian team and I think they'll come out with something to prove.

I have not gone there yet but that is my destination in November! I am learning as much as I can of the language in the mean time. As truputi kalbu lietuviskai
    Yeah this is a tough game for sure maybe a 35/65 change for Puerto Rico.

I have not gone there yet but that is my destination in November! I am learning as much as I can of the language in the mean time. As truputi kalbu lietuviskai
    Yeah this is a tough game for sure maybe a 35/65 change for Puerto Rico.
    Well, you are a brave man to come to Lithuania in november from sunny Puerto Rico.

Exclamation

But if he comes much earlier, he won't get to see any LKL games! I hear he's a big fan of Rūdupis Prienai.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-06-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Migelitas View Post
    Well, you are a brave man to come to Lithuania in november from sunny Puerto Rico.
    Actually I live in Utah and I love the cold and snow so I cant wait to enjoy the cold there too!
    Gosh the tension is building...I just hope that at least we put of a good fight not a 10+ difference or something

Gosh the tension is building...I just hope that at least we put of a good fight not a 10+ difference or something
    I'm getting more and more nervous as the game time is approaching .

I'm getting more and more nervous as the game time is approaching .
    What else would you expect?
    I asked for a day off at work tomorrow,anticipating a game and I lied.
    Judging by the amount of empty cans lying around me it was a right call,but no way I will be able to stay awake till the game starts.
    Damn this pressure
    PS
    I work in Glasgow McDonald's

I am starting to think having this tournament in Venesuela now is bad on the European teams as they are going down one after the other to the Africans and South Americans. Must be a southern hemisphere thing?!

I think Puerto Rico will continue this and win as for some reason this climate there is not suitable for our team!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast