View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

    25 59.52%
  • Puerto Rico

    17 40.48%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 246 of 246

Thread: Quarterfinals: Lithuania vs. Puerto Rico

  1. #241
    Senior Member thegreekmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lietuva (special for JGX)
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
    I think that Russia, France or Spain would have no problems with the crowd in Venezuela. I don't even think that Venezuelans hate Lithuania for them 'being American lackeys' or something like that. The main reasons for dislike of your team in Venezuela are: 1) Kemzura's mocking time-out and 2) the fact that you stopped playing against Nigeria in the last minute which was a shame really and if I was Venezuelan I would be really mad at Lithuanian NT for that.
    This does not look like intelligent post.

    1) timeout was 100% justified, its the tournament system where point differences count. If it was say playoff game then it would have been mock timeout.
    2) they stopped playing when it was about -6 and less than minute, it was clear that game is almost lost and it would have been plain stupid to go for the win when you can waste points differential and finish 2nd in the group. Save differential was up to -10. It was the obvious smart move, it would have been stupid to do otherwise.

  2. #242
    Senior Member Illegal2k10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
    I think that Russia, France or Spain would have no problems with the crowd in Venezuela. I don't even think that Venezuelans hate Lithuania for them 'being American lackeys' or something like that. The main reasons for dislike of your team in Venezuela are: 1) Kemzura's mocking time-out and 2) the fact that you stopped playing against Nigeria in the last minute which was a shame really and if I was Venezuelan I would be really mad at Lithuanian NT for that.
    Im 100% sure russians will be maaaaaaad if that would happen to them. how would u like your national anthem being booed at your national day(June 12 isnt it?) your coach called a clown or lack of normal organizacion, which was mentioned earlier.

    dont get me wrong we are not afraid of that crowd and we dont care about them, but the lack of class by people who are there and below-avarage organizacion level makes this tournament look like a joke.

  3. #243
    Dear Leader J-Mart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    6,189
    Country: Albania

    Default

    ur national anthem would have not been booed if ur team didnt acted like stupid assholes in an international tournament against the home team

  4. #244
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,296
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    ur national anthem would have not been booed if ur team didnt acted like stupid assholes in an international tournament against the home team





  5. #245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Khimki City
    Posts
    969
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illegal2k10 View Post
    Im 100% sure russians will be maaaaaaad if that would happen to them. how would u like your national anthem being booed at your national day(June 12 isnt it?) your coach called a clown or lack of normal organizacion, which was mentioned earlier.
    Actually not only our national anthem was booed in the recent foorball Euro in Poland exactly in the June 12 but our fans (and not those hools who are looking for a fight anywhere but mostly casual fans) were attacked and beaten for no reason whatsoever in the exactly same date. It happened not in the South America but in a European country though not a very developed one. So what would you say about THAT organization?
    By the way, June 12 isn't very popular here in Russia mainly because of its former name: Independence Day which implies that Russia wasn't independent before 1991. Well, since Golden Horde Yoke which ended in XIV-XV centuries Russia was never a dependent territory so this bullshit of a holiday isn't favoured by most people in Russia. You know, it's like France chose some date in 1968 where their new constitution was drafted and name it Independence Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Illegal2k10 View Post
    dont get me wrong we are not afraid of that crowd and we dont care about them, but the lack of class by people who are there and below-avarage organizacion level makes this tournament look like a joke.
    Let me get some things clear: I'm always against booing national anthem (no matter of which country) and the tourney wasn't well-organized. My main point was that most probably there is no natural hate for all things Lithuanian amongst Venezuelans, it's just the matter of coincidence as they thought that you're humiliating their team (I'm not on their side in the first occasion with this TO though it wasn't a very polite thing to do from Kemzura but I understand their negative reaction towards a suspicious ending of the game between LTU and NGR). Still I think that having more international events outside Europe is a good thing because of popularization of our sports and on the grounds of equality and brotherhood among big international basketball family. I believe these countries would learn on their mistakes and the level of organization of major bball tournaments in non-European countries would gradually increase.
    We, Europeans, are the best in organization of tournaments and have the best basketball (aside from USA) and transport infrastructure but it's unjust to bball fans from other parts of the world not to have a chance to see a major tournament on their own soil.

  6. #246
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    1,934
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    I think both sides will say same arguments all over again ...

    1) Ok That timeout maybe there were some mistake by our coach and it could look like not to showing respect,but all we wanted is to make last possesions prepared because we thought diference can make some role (and our coach was right!)

    2) there left 30s nigeria leading by 6 points (80-86) for lithuania lose 1-9 points its ok we getting 1 spot...So WHY THE HELL WE SHOULD CARE ABOUT HOST MAKING IN TOO SECOnd round ANd RISKING LOOSING 1SPOT??? nobody from venezulains fans arent answering this argument we asked so many times before...Its your problem, not ours,we have our own problem finishing 1 in the group!

    How about after game venezualian players and coaches do not shaked our hand and do not cangratulated us with the win? and acting like gods of the world after game...Even when we kicked their asses in front of their fans (100-82)...and their coaches begun to call our coach a clown and acting like child who dont know how to lose to stronger team...

    Later all week venezualians organizators tryied to make our life as much as possible more miserable,with crushed buss before most important game 1/4 with puerto riko and so on... do not showing any respect to our national anthem and our flag...

    THE MAIN REASON WE GOT SUCH REACTION WAS BECAUSE we eliminated host team form this tournanement its obviuos..all other its just escuses from venezualian side.JUST POOR TEAM AND NATION THAT DO NOT know how to lose with pride...


    SO im asking WHO ACTED LIKE ASSHOLES WE OR VENEZUALIANS ???


    at the end of the day all those dirty tricks of venezulians organizators made our team more united and more motivated...and we see the result of it...
    Last edited by Shawshank; 07-08-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •