Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Singaporean Basketball

  1. #1
    Senior Member rocketstar47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    KolbI
    Posts
    1,734
    Country: Philippines

    Default Singaporean Basketball

    Updates, News, Rosters and Highlights about Singapore National Senior Basketball team, Singapore Slingers, u-18 and u-16 teams is here on this thread. pls post guys for your Updates thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member rocketstar47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    KolbI
    Posts
    1,734
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Current Singapore Mens Senior Team Lineup

    F 04 Lim, Wai Sian 22 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
    PG 05 Wong, Wei Long 23 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)
    G/F 06 Ng, Hanbin 22 1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)
    G/F 07 Wu, Qingde 19 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)
    G 08 Oh, Desmond 25 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)
    SG 09 Koh, Gary Kok Siang 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
    SG 10 Koh, Meng Koon 33 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
    G 11 Wong, Michael Soon Yuh 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
    F 12 Lim, Sheng Yu 20 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
    F/C 13 Khoo, Steven (C) 26 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
    C 14 Goh, Delvin Kok Chiang 2.03 m (6 ft 8 in)
    C 15 Matialakan, Pathman 31 2.02 m (6 ft 8 in)

  3. #3
    Senior Member rocketstar47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    KolbI
    Posts
    1,734
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    FNA201262722112.JPG


    8TH U-18 SEABA CHAMPIONSHIPS
    (Singapore, SINGAPORE)

    SINGAPORE 123 vs LAOS 19
    SINGAPORE 43 vs INDONESIA 54
    SINGAPORE vs PHILIPPINES
    SINGAPORE vs MALAYSIA

  4. #4
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    22,080
    Country: United States

    Default

    Basketball Association of Singapore has named Singapore Slingers head coach Neo Beng Siang as the head coach of the national team.

    Interesting, the Slingers have seven national team players:

    Delvin Goh
    Lim Sheng Yu
    Wong Wei Long
    Wu Qingde
    Ng Han Bin
    Damien Goh
    Desmond Oh

    So those names may as well form the core of the Singaporean NT.

    Neo Beng Siang coached Singapore's basketball team in the 2011 SEA Games.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  5. #5
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    22,080
    Country: United States

    Default

    According to NT captain Desmond Oh, Singapore is aiming for GOLD in the 2015 SEA Games... Which is a tall order as the Philippines are guaranteed gold all the time. Silver is not a wild fantasy though.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  6. #6
    Senior Member rocketstar47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    KolbI
    Posts
    1,734
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    2013 SEA GAMES-BRONZE MEDAL

    Almost beat RP with Marcus Douthit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]NEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,294
    Country: Singapore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketstar47 View Post
    Current Singapore Mens Senior Team Lineup

    F 04 Lim, Wai Sian 22 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
    PG 05 Wong, Wei Long 23 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)
    G/F 06 Ng, Hanbin 22 1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)
    G/F 07 Wu, Qingde 19 1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)
    G 08 Oh, Desmond 25 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)
    SG 09 Koh, Gary Kok Siang 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
    SG 10 Koh, Meng Koon 33 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
    G 11 Wong, Michael Soon Yuh 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
    F 12 Lim, Sheng Yu 20 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
    F/C 13 Khoo, Steven (C) 26 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
    C 14 Goh, Delvin Kok Chiang 2.03 m (6 ft 8 in)
    C 15 Matialakan, Pathman 31 2.02 m (6 ft 8 in)
    To be honest, ive seen and played with some of those guys on that list. They are not the best players in Singapore. The best players don't even play for the national team because in Singapore people would rather go be doctor/lawyer etc rather then dedicate so much time playing ball.

  8. #8
    Senior Member rocketstar47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    KolbI
    Posts
    1,734
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    To be honest, ive seen and played with some of those guys on that list. They are not the best players in Singapore. The best players don't even play for the national team because in Singapore people would rather go be doctor/lawyer etc rather then dedicate so much time playing ball.
    really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]NEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,294
    Country: Singapore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketstar47 View Post
    really
    Yes, really. Don't really want to point out names. But one of the guys above, we played a 4 on 4 halfcourt game and our team won.
    He didn't really stand out much to be honest. But he had a weak team so probably can't judge much.

  10. #10
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    10,539
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    Yes, really. Don't really want to point out names. But one of the guys above, we played a 4 on 4 halfcourt game and our team won.
    He didn't really stand out much to be honest. But he had a weak team so probably can't judge much.
    do you know if BAS has already held a tryout for the upcomming SEABA U18 Championship on May at Malaysia?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  11. #11
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    10,539
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    Yes, really. Don't really want to point out names. But one of the guys above, we played a 4 on 4 halfcourt game and our team won.
    He didn't really stand out much to be honest. But he had a weak team so probably can't judge much.
    who are those you have played with? where do you usually play?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,294
    Country: Singapore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    who are those you have played with? where do you usually play?
    Like I said, probably better not to say. I am below their level, but these guys are beatable (They are not NBA players afterall). I really think there are players with "Individual skills" who are better then the national team players. Keep in mind, Singapore does not has a professional league unlike other countries (Unless you count Singapore Slingers with a few Singaporeans who mostly play garbage time), so there isn't any incentive for talented players to play pro basketball. The ones in the national team are probably still very good players, but mostly they have commitment for the national training etc. If you think about it in this manner, you can see why there may be better players who do not play for the national team. To give you an analogy, imagine if America does not have the NBA or any pro leagues. Then maybe Lebron James or Kevin Durant won't play for the national team (because there's no $$ involved), and they go do something else.

  13. #13
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    10,539
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    Like I said, probably better not to say. I am below their level, but these guys are beatable (They are not NBA players afterall). I really think there are players with "Individual skills" who are better then the national team players. Keep in mind, Singapore does not has a professional league unlike other countries (Unless you count Singapore Slingers with a few Singaporeans who mostly play garbage time), so there isn't any incentive for talented players to play pro basketball. The ones in the national team are probably still very good players, but mostly they have commitment for the national training etc. If you think about it in this manner, you can see why there may be better players who do not play for the national team. To give you an analogy, imagine if America does not have the NBA or any pro leagues. Then maybe Lebron James or Kevin Durant won't play for the national team (because there's no $$ involved), and they go do something else.
    why not name them? i just want to know who you played up against. and where do you play. perhaps me and my friends can play pick up games with you and other slingers.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,294
    Country: Singapore

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    why not name them? i just want to know who you played up against. and where do you play. perhaps me and my friends can play pick up games with you and other slingers.
    I don't play often with them, in fact only a few times, so I do not know where they play regularly and I do not have their contacts. If you want to play with me and my friends though, sure just pm me or something for a contact. You from the philippines? if you want to play against other pinoys, try the Mountbatten CC court, there is a large pinoy community over there.

  15. #15
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    10,539
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    I don't play often with them, in fact only a few times, so I do not know where they play regularly and I do not have their contacts. If you want to play with me and my friends though, sure just pm me or something for a contact. You from the philippines? if you want to play against other pinoys, try the Mountbatten CC court, there is a large pinoy community over there.
    PM me your name, location and the time you usually play. i'll tell my friends about it.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •