Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OQT Team Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    <...> Moreover, Robertas Javtokas was playing with a badly sprained ankle in 2010.

<...> Moreover, Robertas Javtokas was playing with a nearly separated shoulder in 2011.
    That made me laugh out loud .

Ok, ladies and gents, place your bets on Javtokas' injury this year. I'd wager he'll be (temporary) blind (his FT % will unlikely increase though).

Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    1. Trolledonia
    2. Trolleece
    3. Puerto Trollco
    4. Trollithuania
    5.-8. Doesnt matter - Have no Trolls on Interbasket.
    9.-12. Never heard of those nations,must be pretty weak since my country is the best,the very best forever and ever.
    Doesn't this happen during every major tournament? The trolls emerge from under the bridge to bother the rest of us. It is an irritation that we must deal with every time...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    1. Trolledonia
    2. Trolleece
    3. Puerto Trollco
    4. Trollithuania
    5.-8. Doesnt matter - Have no Trolls on Interbasket.
    9.-12. Never heard of those nations,must be pretty weak since my country is the best,the very best forever and ever.
    What do you mean the best?Mine is better...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by septynix View Post
    That made me laugh out loud .

Ok, ladies and gents, place your bets on Javtokas' injury this year. I'd wager he'll be (temporary) blind (his FT % will unlikely increase though).
    Details of that sort don't even keep "The Shark" out of the game.

By my count 10 of 13 nailed the #1 team in the tournament. Well done IBN posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    By my count 10 of 13 nailed the #1 team in the tournament. Well done IBN posters.
    Wrong. The refs were the #1 team of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympiacos View Post
    Wrong. The refs were the #1 team of the tournament.
    Get a life, man. You're really starting to irritate with your moaning. A team like Greece must not to make it one-point game in the end with a team like Nigeria. That's all I hoped that this painful loss will teach you not to overestimate your team and not to brag about how much it's superior to all the others but I was wrong. You're only bitching about refs showing that you're a bad loser. Look up to christodoulou's and fasoulaki's reaction: I think they are hugely disappointed but they are showing very respectable behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Wow, people are really down on Lithuania. Hard to believe that they wouldn't qualify for an Olympics
    Seriously.
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

I was wrong about Lithuania (had them 4th), but to be fair their game with Puerto Rico was really close.

Anyone else think Puerto Rico's better than the Dominican? I think they just got stuck with a bad match up.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post

Anyone else think Puerto Rico's better than the Dominican? I think they just got stuck with a bad match up.
    Of course PR is more serious team. I just came to this thread and was surprised to see so many people ranking DR so high when I do not even know a single player from their team (as opposed to 6-7 well known players tome from PR team).
    To be honest I even did not know DR plays decent bball before tournament teams were announced, I mean I knew about them as much as about nicaragua basketball. Is it that some nba players plays for them was the reason for such high ranking? I see many people from other parts of the world other than Europe overestimate nba brand, this team has 3 nba players, this has none than it means first team is stronger blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    1.Russia
    2.Lithuania
    3.Greece/Puerto Rico
    5. Angola
    6. FYROM
    7. Dominican Republic
    8. Venezuela
    9. Nigeria
    10. Korea
    11.New Zealand
    12. Jordan

It's a bummer that only 3 of the best 4 teams here will make it to SFs since only 2 of Lithuania, Greece, Puerto Rico will make it through. Angola or Dominican Republic will be the lucky recipients of this imbalance in the groups.
    Probably the closest of all picks to reality! You are the WINNER!

Quote Originally Posted by stojanov8 View Post
    no no no ,it:

1.Macedonia
    2.greece
    3.porto riko
    4.russia
    5.domincan republic
    6.nigeria
    7.angola
    8.lithaunia

never write 8.FYROM! ! write 1.Macedonia than i agree .
    Lithuania 8th and Macedonia first? What are you thinking with? Your dick maybe?

I suggest you think of another sport to watch and play as you wont be playing at this level for many years to come again!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    Of course PR is more serious team. I just came to this thread and was surprised to see so many people ranking DR so high when I do not even know a single player from their team (as opposed to 6-7 well known players tome from PR team).
    To be honest I even did not know DR plays decent bball before tournament teams were announced, I mean I knew about them as much as about nicaragua basketball. Is it that some nba players plays for them was the reason for such high ranking? I see many people from other parts of the world other than Europe overestimate nba brand, this team has 3 nba players, this has none than it means first team is stronger blah blah
    Well it's your hole in bball knowlegde if you didn't know them, that doesn't make them poor or smth They were 3rd in last Americas championship by beatin' the same Puerto-Rico and had overall good tournament... Now injuries of few important players, coach decision to cut Villanueva made some damage

Quote Originally Posted by Lietuvis View Post
    Probably the closest of all picks to reality! You are the WINNER!
    No fair, those picks are from after the tournament started!

PR certainly has a deeper roster and more experience than DR, although it seems anything can happen when they play head-to-head. Unfortunately, PR has the curse that prevents them from ever winning an important game after beating the US in 2004.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
    Get a life, man. You're really starting to irritate with your moaning. A team like Greece must not to make it one-point game in the end with a team like Nigeria. That's all I hoped that this painful loss will teach you not to overestimate your team and not to brag about how much it's superior to all the others but I was wrong. You're only bitching about refs showing that you're a bad loser. Look up to christodoulou's and fasoulaki's reaction: I think they are hugely disappointed but they are showing very respectable behaviour.
    I am sick of people that continue to defend and support the corrupt refs of FIBA.

I am sick of people that continue to defend and support the corrupt refs of FIBA.
    I guess more people are sick of you and your cries all over the forum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I guess more people are sick of you and your cries all over the forum
    It will be funny to see you after USA plays Lithuania in London.

At least they'll be playing in London.

We played USA in Turkey two years back. It wasn't funny at all after the game, but just because we lost it, nothing more. We played soooo favorited by the refs Dominican Rep. last night, somehow it was everything ok. We played also loved by refs Nigeria - we lost too, but somehow none cried about refs - we choked by ourselves and underestimated the rival. Greece did the same, Macedonia did the same by wasting big leads, while Russia and Lithuania in very similar situation after HT (also led convincingly) managed not to collapse and are in London. That's all, live with that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    We played USA in Turkey two years back. It wasn't funny at all after the game, but just because we lost it, nothing more. We played soooo favorited by the refs Dominican Rep. last night, somehow it was everything ok. We played also loved by refs Nigeria - we lost too, but somehow none cried about refs - we choked by ourselves and underestimated the rival. Greece did the same, Macedonia did the same by wasting big leads, while Russia and Lithuania in very similar situation after HT (also led convincingly) managed not to collapse and are in London. That's all, live with that
    So there will not be one word said about the reffing after USA - Lithuania? Sure...................

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast