Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VTB League 2012/2013

Highlights. http://youtu.be/rS0k3dtzaLs
    Full match in Russian.
    http://youtu.be/kniknwirC7s
    Last edited by negerumas; 10-28-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by negerumas View Post
    Full match in Russian.
    http://youtu.be/kniknwirC7s
    And in Lithuanian:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SYmdfksRk

15,812 – the number of fans in attendance at Zalgiris Arena – a new attendance record for the VTB United League! (I think couple hundreds or so were "standing" tickets)

Well, I understand all the joy from the Zalgiris fans after today's victory but on your place I would be much more proud of a really sensational 3-0 start in Euroleague (including guest wins against top tems like Tau and Oly) than of this result against the worst CSKA of the last decade. I mean, CSKA is an European powerhouse but now it looks like an epitome of squalor and most probably won't go past Top 16 (well, it almost lost to Neptunas in its first VTB game) as there is no progress in its playing. So I think that it's time to make a bet on whether Messina will be fired before or after New Year Eve. The most painful thing for me is the fact that all the 'experts' will start to talk nonsense like 'with Kirilenko and Shved CSKA was another team quality-wise' while in fact CSKA's problems lie in another dimension (not related to players' quality - at least, if we don't consider disastrous summer selection).

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
    Well, I understand all the joy from the Zalgiris fans after today's victory but on your place I would be much more proud of a really sensational 3-0 start in Euroleague (including guest wins against top tems like Tau and Oly) than of this result against the worst CSKA of the last decade. I mean, CSKA is an European powerhouse but now it looks like an epitome of squalor and most probably won't go past Top 16 (well, it almost lost to Neptunas in its first VTB game) as there is no progress in its playing. So I think that it's time to make a bet on whether Messina will be fired before or after New Year Eve. The most painful thing for me is the fact that all the 'experts' will start to talk nonsense like 'with Kirilenko and Shved CSKA was another team quality-wise' while in fact CSKA's problems lie in another dimension (not related to players' quality - at least, if we don't consider disastrous summer selection).
    I wouldn't be so pessimistic. CSKA still has the strongest roster in Europe (OK, at least one of the strongest). Mainly Weems, Teodosic, Krstic can bring the team to f4.

Though it was a bad decision to fire Kazlauskas. I'm sure he would done better starting from selection (wouldn't bring Nicolas, for example) and finishing with the things on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
    Well, I understand all the joy from the Zalgiris fans after today's victory but on your place I would be much more proud of a really sensational 3-0 start in Euroleague (including guest wins against top tems like Tau and Oly) than of this result against the worst CSKA of the last decade.
    And they do that. I do not see any special joy in this thread (if you were refering to myu post I just quoted from vtb website).

Although not sure if you know but Zalgiris - CSKA games are always special because of the history. So usually win against cska brings a little more joy than win against some other team

Guys today Petrsburg play with Khimki,how do you rate the chances of Moscow?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12