No announcement yet.

Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2012/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCalebb is no classy playmaker but he is way better at PG and his intelligence is way better then both Willy and Bynum in my opinion and he already proved it in Partizan & Siena.
    5 times European champion
    50 times domestic league champion
    40 times domestic cup holders
    4 times league cup holders
    1 time Adriatic league champion
    1 time intercontinental cup holders

Comment

Originally posted by Idans10 View Post
      McCalebb is no classy playmaker but he is way better at PG and his intelligence is way better then both Willy and Bynum in my opinion and he already proved it in Partizan & Siena.
      Yes, but that was not what I understood you to be saying. I thought you meant that McCalebb was a natural play maker, which he is not. I think McCalebb is great for certain teams, but in others he won't do well. Just because he is simply always playing to score. If that is what the team's system wants, then he is great because he is so quick and so efficient as a scorer. But if the team wants to have a more balanced offense and distribution, then McCalebb is not the right point guard to have. Because he is not going to create offense for others.

He is like the polar opposite of guards like Ohayon and Prigioni. Yes, he's better than Bynum and Solomon, obviously. But he's still basically a small SG, with a great handle. He fits so well to Siena because they already used a system with McIntyre, that was designed for a scoring first and look to get his own points lead guard.

Comment

about last mta's discussions
        -even if i dont follow il league,is IMPOSSIBLE thinking there are no better israeli than ohayon or halperin
        -releasing macvan is a crazy view of blatt. with macvan in ,mta was in f4 even this year when we played an orrible basket
        -hairston is not a pg, but before writing he cant play as pg, u should see at this year in italy. a real crack in that position
        -blu out is a big problem,even more for a blatt's team.
        blatt misconsider the arch and blu's skill often break matches ,often changes matches beacause his natural skills revolutioned blatt basketball offensive view (that just consider the paint)
        -rumors that much scare me are names like saras or nicholas. adding old names are classical step of a club without money,scouting and plans .
        first mta step (shermadini) is great ,as great is sofo out. halperin would be great,but i'm afraid about pf and pg position
        Last edited by maccabeo; 06-16-2012, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goga78 View Post
          If your teammates are great, give me a pure playmaker. If your team is not that well, give me a scorer.
          ...but talking of ohayon u dont consider this basic rule

sorry if i reply to u instead of goga.
          imho ,ohayon shouldnt be even the 2nd pg
          a very mediocre player who can't help his teammate except we were talking of a great team
          Last edited by rikhardur; 06-16-2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
            -even if i dont follow il league,is IMPOSSIBLE thinking there are no better israeli than ohayon or halperin
            Impossible is nothing. You have seen the Israeli NT, right? If the Israelis are telling you, they belong to the best, you either believe them or make your own recherche.
            burnstein

Comment

Andrea Trinchieri: 'Giorgi Shermadini is not ready for Maccabi now'
              The coach of Cantù talked about the Georgian who moved to Maccabi Tel Aviv

Andrea Trinchieri released an interview to Walla talking about Giorgi Shermadini who is, in the coach's opinion, ready to play in Maccabi Tel Aviv now.

"I told Shermadini that he is not ready for a team like Maccabi now. That it’s a different team with a lot of pressure and 11,000 fans in every game. I told Shermadini that he is not going to replace Benjamin Ortner, that he is going to replace Sofo in Maccabi! He is very talented, but he is not ready for Maccabi now. Shermadini was injured ,it's true,but I had a feeling that he didn’t do his best to return from his injury because he was afraid that it will be worst and than he won’t sign in Maccabi.....because he already agreed with them in March. Since then it wasn’t the same Shermadini. He wasn’t hungry as in the start of the season. Giorgi wasn’t fair with the club (Cantà) but maybe it's not just him, it's also his Israeli agent – Guy Zucker. I can’t say that Shermadini is a bad boy, but but he made a mistake....But maybe when a big club like Maccabi calls you, so you do things like that. It's also a dream for me to coach in Maccabi, but for now they have a coach, one of the best in Europe, but when he will quit, and if I will be a candidate I will be proud and happy. When I coached at Nokia this year with Cantù, I felt the pressure on Maccabi, but in the other hand I felt the commitment of Maccabi players. For now Shermadini didn’t show commitment ,and in Maccabi you have to be commited, it’s a team of a country, everyone is looking at you. If he won’t realize it he will fail.Another problem is that he doesn’t speak English well, we were lucky becaise we had Markoshvili who helped us with him, but I don’t know how it will work in Maccabi.
              sportando.net

Comment

about last mta's discussions
                Give me names.

right now Ohayon is part of the team with Euroleague experience which he did well (not amazing but pretty good for a 1st year in Maccabi). I don't like his "games" with Maccabi regarding the salary because he still needs to prove himself a bit more but as an Israeli, we do not have better option in this position. Halperin? more talented then Yogi but no balls. Yogev in his first season in yellow had more balls and courage then Yotam had in his 3rd year. Moran Rott? belongs to smaller teams, way too messy to play in Maccabi or the Euroleague and the same goes to Yuval Naimi who signed in Russia. We stayed with Gal Mekel, in my opinion another talened player and most probably more then Yogev but we already saw that he didn't want to fight for his place in Maccabi 3 years ago and last season he was very average in Italy. I wouldn't say that Yogev cannot be replaced but in my opinion he is the best Israeli PG at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                  Andrea Trinchieri: 'Giorgi Shermadini is not ready for Maccabi now'
                  The coach of Cantù talked about the Georgian who moved to Maccabi Tel Aviv
                  Trinchieri sounds pissed off and rightfully so, but this is how the things work.
                  Maccabi suffered from nearly the same cause with Hendrix. After impressive Top16 he started talks/got some agreement for his next team, his numbers dropped: 13 to 8 PPG , 8 to 5 RPG

As for Shermadini . I dunno if he's ready or not, but he's the best C option currently on the market. He's not starting to play EL for the first time next season, he was there for Pao & Cantu.

As for linguistic troubles , I guess he speaks Russian as well , pretty sure there will be somebody in Maccabi who understands/speaks it. IIRC Halperin's dad come from USSR, so Yotam could help here.

Comment

Same thing for Maccbai also Happened with D'ior Fischer & Terence Morris. Both of them got a better offer from elite clubs as well after good seasons in Yellow and since they got unrealistic salary that Maccabi could afford, we released them. Same thing with Shermadini and nothing wrong with it.
                    As for the language problem, I think that the coach here a bit over reacting. And how did he communicate with Shermadini? I don't think that Blatt would go on a player that he would thought that he won't be able to communicate with him. I believe everything will be good with the Georgian, he surely looks as our best option like Billy said (even though I like Sofo a lot).

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
                      Trinchieri sounds pissed off and rightfully so, but this is how the things work.
                      Maccabi suffered from nearly the same cause with Hendrix. After impressive Top16 he started talks/got some agreement for his next team, his numbers dropped: 13 to 8 PPG , 8 to 5 RPG

As for Shermadini . I dunno if he's ready or not, but he's the best C option currently on the market. He's not starting to play EL for the first time next season, he was there for Pao & Cantu.

As for linguistic troubles , I guess he speaks Russian as well , pretty sure there will be somebody in Maccabi who understands/speaks it. IIRC Halperin's dad come from USSR, so Yotam could help here.
                      There are enough Jews from Georgia in Israel who will welcome the new Georgian star in the country's biggest sports team. If an interpreter is needed, there is no problem to find one. However, I guess that after years in Greece and Italy, Giorgi is capable of understanding English well enough.
                      burnstein

Comment

trinchieri and all cantu managment were disappointed by shermadini signing with mta. i guess trinchieri's insterview is conditioned by this. shermadini is actualy one of best 5 c in europe. so many skills . a real crack for us!

Comment

Well it seems that Yogev made a huge mistake and won't join Kuban after all. It's a difficult situation because on one hand personally I don't wanna see this guy plays for Maccabi. He should've wait another year, prove himself and probably get a better offer in one of Europe's best teams. instead he opened his mouth regarding Maccabi's management after one average year and decided to sign in an average team behind our back. No need to say that most team fans are pissed on him and they have every reason to be. On the other hand, he is the best Israeli PG at this moment and it's not easy to give up on him after that he already connected very well to the team. But then again, he can be replaced. Gonna interesting whole this saga but I just hope that Yogev did learn his lesson and will fire his stupid agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Idans10 View Post
                            Well it seems that Yogev made a huge mistake and won't join Kuban after all. It's a difficult situation because on one hand personally I don't wanna see this guy plays for Maccabi. He should've wait another year, prove himself and probably get a better offer in one of Europe's best teams. instead he opened his mouth regarding Maccabi's management after one average year and decided to sign in an average team behind our back. No need to say that most team fans are pissed on him and they have every reason to be. On the other hand, he is the best Israeli PG at this moment and it's not easy to give up on him after that he already connected very well to the team. But then again, he can be replaced. Gonna interesting whole this saga but I just hope that Yogev did learn his lesson and will fire his stupid agent.
                            The only stupid action by his agent was to piss off Maccabi. If Yogev doesn't want to spend his whole career abroad, the only chance to play at high level and earn decent money is at Maccabi.
                            But my impression is that Maccabi fans are pretty much okay with the possibility of Yogev going away because he would get a huge amount of money (imho undeserved in that quantity). Maccabi owners are used to pay peanuts for its payers and never bid high, especially, if the talk is about Israeli players. Ohayon came for peanuts, played well above expectations. His contract contained a mistake that should be blamed on the club. After Naimy signed in Russia, his agent tried to test the market and offered him to another Russian club. As Russian managers are mostly stupid, hopelessly overpaying players, the argument was easy: look, they sign Hapoel Jerusalem's PG but I have Maccabi's PG to offer, the one who was so positively mentioned by Zeljko Obradovic. The talk was about 1.5 Mio for two years. He needs to play like six years in Tel-Aviv to get that money. Not to mention the big difference in taxes. It would be absolutely the right choice for him to leave Maccabi for big money. Yes, he would not play EL but he would play VTB, which is superior to the Israeli league. He would encounter EL teams like CSKA, Khimki, Unics, Rytas, Zalgiris often enough.

I truly think that Maccabi fans have no grudge against him. It was a different story with Pargo who was Maccabi's main hope, got a seven-figure-contract and broke it right before the season started. Different player, different money, different moment of free agency market.
                            burnstein

Comment

What a mistake by mta not considering naimi

Comment

What a mistake by mta not considering naimi
                                I don't like his game and I don't think he'll fit in. I think that if not Ohayon then maybe Rott can replace him. But I doubt about that also since Blatt & Shamir are good friends.
                                BTW, it seems that Ohayon is F***ed up right now since Calathes was signed by Kuban as well, and with all do respect to Yogev, he'll have to battle with a better player like Calathes and most probably gonna be a substitute player. Now, he can apologize to Maccabi, and maybe Shimon Mizrahi will talk to the rest of the management in order to bring Yogev to the team (because our situation isn't that great) or he can receive a large cheque but remain with a small club who doesn't play in the EL and doesn't get an exposure like he got during his season with Maccabi.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information