Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2012/2013

Originally posted by Maccabi_Fan19 View Post
    According to sport5.co.il there are some major problems between Ohayon and Maccabi(he wants a raise)and he may leave the club. Ohayon says PAO approached him with an offer.

I like him, hopefully it's just some good quality BS
    what a great new would be ohayon far from mta
    ohayon out plus shermadini hickman halperin hairston in..let me dream

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
    what a great new would be ohayon far from mta
    ohayon out plus shermadini hickman halperin hairston in..let me dream
    Aside from some yellow press like news, what's so great about it? A PG would go out with no replacement. Neither Shermadini nor Halperin or Hairston are playing PG. Shermadini for Sofo, Halperin for Burstein and Hairston is your imagination.
    burnstein

Comment

Originally posted by goga78 View Post
      Aside from some yellow press like news, what's so great about it? A PG would go out with no replacement. Neither Shermadini nor Halperin or Hairston are playing PG. Shermadini for Sofo, Halperin for Burstein and Hairston is your imagination.
      i was just ahowing names of players i'd like ,i didnt meant to show names considering eventual eplacement,anyway hairston played great as pg in italian league. would be a great add.
      about ohayon, i think is easier to fine a better pg instead of him.
      thinking of burstein as a player who will still play in yellow is really ridiculous

Comment

i was just ahowing names of players i'd like ,i didnt meant to show names considering eventual eplacement,anyway hairston played great as pg in italian league. would be a great add.
        thinking of burstein as a player who will still play in yellow is really ridiculous
        Hairston is a SG/SF and even more of a SF, but not a point forward. He is not a PG in any way.

Comment

No problem. Maccabi can suit up just for foreigners for Israeli league games. It needs eight Israelis. At least five of them have to be rotation players. Burstein and Blu are out. Casspi and Farmar are in the NBA. You don't want Ohayon. It's your business. But make up your mind about the proper number of Israelis on MTA. Actually, you don't want Eliyahu, too. So, either you give the appropriate number of names or you stop whining.
          burnstein

Comment

I don't know what exacylt happened between Maccabi and Ohayon ( I mean I knw the reason but I don't know how much of it is the press's exaggeration. I really like Ohayon and in my opinion he's the best Israeli PG we have today and I would like him to stay. However, a contract is a contract and Ohayon needs to respect it. I believe that if Ohayon had a terrible season, he wouldn't ask from the boared to cut his salary, no? At the end of his contract he'll be able to ask anything he like. I believe that at the end he'll stay, I'm not worry.
            5 times European champion
            50 times domestic league champion
            40 times domestic cup holders
            4 times league cup holders
            1 time Adriatic league champion
            1 time intercontinental cup holders

Comment

No problem. Maccabi can suit up just for foreigners for Israeli league games. It needs eight Israelis. At least five of them have to be rotation players. Burstein and Blu are out. Casspi and Farmar are in the NBA. You don't want Ohayon. It's your business. But make up your mind about the proper number of Israelis on MTA. Actually, you don't want Eliyahu, too. So, either you give the appropriate number of names or you stop whining.
              Eight Israelis?! more like 5-6
              As of next season Maccabi will be able to register 5 foreigners in the Israeli league so 5+5 or 5+6 is more than enough
              Maccabi will NEVER sign 8 Israelis
              5-6 MAX and 2 kids like Harari or Zalmanson

Anyway, Federman did an interview today with the Israeli radio and was PISSED about the whole Ohayon thing so it's really hard to see him playing for Maccabi next season
              Halperin+Landesberg+Tyus to replace Burstein+Blu+Ohayon sounds alright to me

Comment

We need a good foreign PG and quick, if Ohaton won't play for us. Keith is everything BUT PG, and Halperin still needs to grow a pair before he can lead Maccabi in the Euroleague. Aron Jackson from Bilbao sounds good, although now with the money that we saved from Macvan's contract (huge mistake in my opinion) we can try to bring a big name like McCalebb for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Idans10 View Post
                  We need a good foreign PG and quick, if Ohaton won't play for us. Keith is everything BUT PG, and Halperin still needs to grow a pair before he can lead Maccabi in the Euroleague. Aron Jackson from Bilbao sounds good, although now with the money that we saved from Macvan's contract (huge mistake in my opinion) we can try to bring a big name like McCalebb for example.
                  Not even if we release every single player on our roster

Comment

Originally posted by Maccabi_Fan19 View Post
                    Eight Israelis?! more like 5-6
                    As of next season Maccabi will be able to register 5 foreigners in the Israeli league so 5+5 or 5+6 is more than enough
                    Maccabi will NEVER sign 8 Israelis
                    5-6 MAX and 2 kids like Harari or Zalmanson

Anyway, Federman did an interview today with the Israeli radio and was PISSED about the whole Ohayon thing so it's really hard to see him playing for Maccabi next season
                    Halperin+Landesberg+Tyus to replace Burstein+Blu+Ohayon sounds alright to me
                    Absolutely. Two of them will be juniors or sparring partners like Alon Stein. But they need to be paid, too.

Yotam, Sylven and Tyus can't replace the other three due to positions. Besides, no one of them can replace Blu.
                    In any case, 5-6 rotation Israelis. Since our special friend doesn't like anybody, I want him to name those 5-6 Israeli players. Out of the current roster, he would like to retain only Pnini. Best case scenario for him.
                    burnstein

Comment

Originally posted by Idans10 View Post
                      Aaron Jackson has been brought up in talks regarding CSKA Moscow. In fact, CSKA was playing with one PG only who was neither stable nor instrumental for any CSKA important wins. Ponkrashov is a PG, too but he did a huge mistake by returning to CSKA. He was instrumental for Spartak in the season before but declared that it's time for him to prove to himself that he can succeed on another level (CSKA). What he didn't consider, he had to play for a team with a huge budget. Huge budget. If he wanted to play EL, he had to sign with Kazan or Khimki.

Anyway, McCalebb would be good indeed but he will be the last player whom Siena can afford to let go.
                      burnstein

Comment

Absolutely. Two of them will be juniors or sparring partners like Alon Stein. But they need to be paid, too.

Yotam, Sylven and Tyus can't replace the other three due to positions. Besides, no one of them can replace Blu.
                        In any case, 5-6 rotation Israelis. Since our special friend doesn't like anybody, I want him to name those 5-6 Israeli players. Out of the current roster, he would like to retain only Pnini. Best case scenario for him.
                        They don't need to replace them by position, they're just replacing them in the Israeli quota that's all.
                        Blu, Burstein and Ohayon out= 3 Israelis
                        Landesberg, Halperin and Tyus in= 3 Israelis
                        We can bring the foreigners accordingly

Comment

Is it definate,Macvan out of MTA??Rather weird case,ok the fact that he was sent on loan last year was very understandable and a wise decision,but since he proved himself as a very talented player and a go-to player for a good Euroleague team,what's the point of letting him go (and also without any doubt make a rival of yours stronger)??Is he so much on the opposite side of David Blatt's game philosophy?Is he a bad character or what?Are there any clues in Israel for the reason behind Macvan's release??

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                            Is it definate,Macvan out of MTA??Rather weird case,ok the fact that he was sent on loan last year was very understandable and a wise decision,but since he proved himself as a very talented player and a go-to player for a good Euroleague team,what's the point of letting him go (and also without any doubt make a rival of yours stronger)??Is he so much on the opposite side of David Blatt's game philosophy?Is he a bad character or what?Are there any clues in Israel for the reason behind Macvan's release??
                            I also don't understand why Maccabi wants to get rid of Macvan...
                            He's good enough for any top team in Europe imo...
                            Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Here we also don't understand why to let Macvan go. In his first season he barely played and when he did get his minutes it was in a position that less familiar with him, 5. Macvan is a pure 4, with wonderful mid & long range shot who can also achieve his points inside the paint. in my opinion, as soon as Blu left we should must return Macvan to occupy PF position with Eliyahu (in my opinion he is much more a complete player then Eliyahu). Also, Maccabi really struggle to bring him 2 years ago and after a good season on loan in Serbia I was positive that he will return. Very disappointed decision by the club and I have no doubt that we will regret it.
                              Now the story with Yogev is getting complicated but either way Maccabi will have to sign a foreign good PG next to Keith. since Saras we pretty much blew up in this position every year until 2 years ago when we brought Pargo.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information