Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 245

Thread: Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2012/2013

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,491
    Country: Italy

    Default Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2012/2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Maccabi_Fan19 View Post
    According to sport5.co.il there are some major problems between Ohayon and Maccabi(he wants a raise)and he may leave the club. Ohayon says PAO approached him with an offer.

    I like him, hopefully it's just some good quality BS
    what a great new would be ohayon far from mta
    ohayon out plus shermadini hickman halperin hairston in..let me dream

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    what a great new would be ohayon far from mta
    ohayon out plus shermadini hickman halperin hairston in..let me dream
    Aside from some yellow press like news, what's so great about it? A PG would go out with no replacement. Neither Shermadini nor Halperin or Hairston are playing PG. Shermadini for Sofo, Halperin for Burstein and Hairston is your imagination.
    burnstein

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,491
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goga78 View Post
    Aside from some yellow press like news, what's so great about it? A PG would go out with no replacement. Neither Shermadini nor Halperin or Hairston are playing PG. Shermadini for Sofo, Halperin for Burstein and Hairston is your imagination.
    i was just ahowing names of players i'd like ,i didnt meant to show names considering eventual eplacement,anyway hairston played great as pg in italian league. would be a great add.
    about ohayon, i think is easier to fine a better pg instead of him.
    thinking of burstein as a player who will still play in yellow is really ridiculous

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    431
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    i was just ahowing names of players i'd like ,i didnt meant to show names considering eventual eplacement,anyway hairston played great as pg in italian league. would be a great add.
    about ohayon, i think is easier to fine a better pg instead of him.
    thinking of burstein as a player who will still play in yellow is really ridiculous
    Hairston is a SG/SF and even more of a SF, but not a point forward. He is not a PG in any way.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    i was just ahowing names of players i'd like ,i didnt meant to show names considering eventual eplacement,anyway hairston played great as pg in italian league. would be a great add.
    about ohayon, i think is easier to fine a better pg instead of him.
    thinking of burstein as a player who will still play in yellow is really ridiculous
    No problem. Maccabi can suit up just for foreigners for Israeli league games. It needs eight Israelis. At least five of them have to be rotation players. Burstein and Blu are out. Casspi and Farmar are in the NBA. You don't want Ohayon. It's your business. But make up your mind about the proper number of Israelis on MTA. Actually, you don't want Eliyahu, too. So, either you give the appropriate number of names or you stop whining.
    burnstein

  6. #6
    Senior Member Idans10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    239
    Country: Israel

    Default

    I don't know what exacylt happened between Maccabi and Ohayon ( I mean I knw the reason but I don't know how much of it is the press's exaggeration. I really like Ohayon and in my opinion he's the best Israeli PG we have today and I would like him to stay. However, a contract is a contract and Ohayon needs to respect it. I believe that if Ohayon had a terrible season, he wouldn't ask from the boared to cut his salary, no? At the end of his contract he'll be able to ask anything he like. I believe that at the end he'll stay, I'm not worry.
    5 times European champion
    50 times domestic league champion
    40 times domestic cup holders
    4 times league cup holders
    1 time Adriatic league champion
    1 time intercontinental cup holders

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goga78 View Post
    No problem. Maccabi can suit up just for foreigners for Israeli league games. It needs eight Israelis. At least five of them have to be rotation players. Burstein and Blu are out. Casspi and Farmar are in the NBA. You don't want Ohayon. It's your business. But make up your mind about the proper number of Israelis on MTA. Actually, you don't want Eliyahu, too. So, either you give the appropriate number of names or you stop whining.
    Eight Israelis?! more like 5-6
    As of next season Maccabi will be able to register 5 foreigners in the Israeli league so 5+5 or 5+6 is more than enough
    Maccabi will NEVER sign 8 Israelis
    5-6 MAX and 2 kids like Harari or Zalmanson

    Anyway, Federman did an interview today with the Israeli radio and was PISSED about the whole Ohayon thing so it's really hard to see him playing for Maccabi next season
    Halperin+Landesberg+Tyus to replace Burstein+Blu+Ohayon sounds alright to me

  8. #8
    Senior Member Idans10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    239
    Country: Israel

    Default

    We need a good foreign PG and quick, if Ohaton won't play for us. Keith is everything BUT PG, and Halperin still needs to grow a pair before he can lead Maccabi in the Euroleague. Aron Jackson from Bilbao sounds good, although now with the money that we saved from Macvan's contract (huge mistake in my opinion) we can try to bring a big name like McCalebb for example.
    5 times European champion
    50 times domestic league champion
    40 times domestic cup holders
    4 times league cup holders
    1 time Adriatic league champion
    1 time intercontinental cup holders

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idans10 View Post
    We need a good foreign PG and quick, if Ohaton won't play for us. Keith is everything BUT PG, and Halperin still needs to grow a pair before he can lead Maccabi in the Euroleague. Aron Jackson from Bilbao sounds good, although now with the money that we saved from Macvan's contract (huge mistake in my opinion) we can try to bring a big name like McCalebb for example.
    Not even if we release every single player on our roster

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maccabi_Fan19 View Post
    Eight Israelis?! more like 5-6
    As of next season Maccabi will be able to register 5 foreigners in the Israeli league so 5+5 or 5+6 is more than enough
    Maccabi will NEVER sign 8 Israelis
    5-6 MAX and 2 kids like Harari or Zalmanson

    Anyway, Federman did an interview today with the Israeli radio and was PISSED about the whole Ohayon thing so it's really hard to see him playing for Maccabi next season
    Halperin+Landesberg+Tyus to replace Burstein+Blu+Ohayon sounds alright to me
    Absolutely. Two of them will be juniors or sparring partners like Alon Stein. But they need to be paid, too.

    Yotam, Sylven and Tyus can't replace the other three due to positions. Besides, no one of them can replace Blu.
    In any case, 5-6 rotation Israelis. Since our special friend doesn't like anybody, I want him to name those 5-6 Israeli players. Out of the current roster, he would like to retain only Pnini. Best case scenario for him.
    burnstein

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idans10 View Post
    We need a good foreign PG and quick, if Ohaton won't play for us. Keith is everything BUT PG, and Halperin still needs to grow a pair before he can lead Maccabi in the Euroleague. Aron Jackson from Bilbao sounds good, although now with the money that we saved from Macvan's contract (huge mistake in my opinion) we can try to bring a big name like McCalebb for example.
    Aaron Jackson has been brought up in talks regarding CSKA Moscow. In fact, CSKA was playing with one PG only who was neither stable nor instrumental for any CSKA important wins. Ponkrashov is a PG, too but he did a huge mistake by returning to CSKA. He was instrumental for Spartak in the season before but declared that it's time for him to prove to himself that he can succeed on another level (CSKA). What he didn't consider, he had to play for a team with a huge budget. Huge budget. If he wanted to play EL, he had to sign with Kazan or Khimki.

    Anyway, McCalebb would be good indeed but he will be the last player whom Siena can afford to let go.
    burnstein

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goga78 View Post
    Absolutely. Two of them will be juniors or sparring partners like Alon Stein. But they need to be paid, too.

    Yotam, Sylven and Tyus can't replace the other three due to positions. Besides, no one of them can replace Blu.
    In any case, 5-6 rotation Israelis. Since our special friend doesn't like anybody, I want him to name those 5-6 Israeli players. Out of the current roster, he would like to retain only Pnini. Best case scenario for him.
    They don't need to replace them by position, they're just replacing them in the Israeli quota that's all.
    Blu, Burstein and Ohayon out= 3 Israelis
    Landesberg, Halperin and Tyus in= 3 Israelis
    We can bring the foreigners accordingly

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    kalamata
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Is it definate,Macvan out of MTA??Rather weird case,ok the fact that he was sent on loan last year was very understandable and a wise decision,but since he proved himself as a very talented player and a go-to player for a good Euroleague team,what's the point of letting him go (and also without any doubt make a rival of yours stronger)??Is he so much on the opposite side of David Blatt's game philosophy?Is he a bad character or what?Are there any clues in Israel for the reason behind Macvan's release??

  14. #14
    Senior Member iskoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,912
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_black_planet View Post
    Is it definate,Macvan out of MTA??Rather weird case,ok the fact that he was sent on loan last year was very understandable and a wise decision,but since he proved himself as a very talented player and a go-to player for a good Euroleague team,what's the point of letting him go (and also without any doubt make a rival of yours stronger)??Is he so much on the opposite side of David Blatt's game philosophy?Is he a bad character or what?Are there any clues in Israel for the reason behind Macvan's release??
    I also don't understand why Maccabi wants to get rid of Macvan...
    He's good enough for any top team in Europe imo...
    Republic of FENERBAHăE

  15. #15
    Senior Member Idans10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    239
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Here we also don't understand why to let Macvan go. In his first season he barely played and when he did get his minutes it was in a position that less familiar with him, 5. Macvan is a pure 4, with wonderful mid & long range shot who can also achieve his points inside the paint. in my opinion, as soon as Blu left we should must return Macvan to occupy PF position with Eliyahu (in my opinion he is much more a complete player then Eliyahu). Also, Maccabi really struggle to bring him 2 years ago and after a good season on loan in Serbia I was positive that he will return. Very disappointed decision by the club and I have no doubt that we will regret it.
    Now the story with Yogev is getting complicated but either way Maccabi will have to sign a foreign good PG next to Keith. since Saras we pretty much blew up in this position every year until 2 years ago when we brought Pargo.
    5 times European champion
    50 times domestic league champion
    40 times domestic cup holders
    4 times league cup holders
    1 time Adriatic league champion
    1 time intercontinental cup holders

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idans10 View Post
    Now the story with Yogev is getting complicated but either way Maccabi will have to sign a foreign good PG next to Keith. since Saras we pretty much blew up in this position every year until 2 years ago when we brought Pargo.
    Solomon led Maccabi to the Final, being the best player on both ends of the court (remember how he has eaten Prigioni alive in the semifinal). Bynum led Maccabi to the Final, being the best player on both ends of the court. Farmar was toying with opponents last year. Only 2009/10 with Wisniewski and Perkins could be considered as a weaker year but Perkins exploded in the following season. Saras is more of a pure PG compared to all of them but he also got major help by wonderful players around him. That team had no weaknesses.
    burnstein

  17. #17
    Senior Member frodoborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_black_planet View Post
    Is it definate,Macvan out of MTA??Rather weird case,ok the fact that he was sent on loan last year was very understandable and a wise decision,but since he proved himself as a very talented player and a go-to player for a good Euroleague team,what's the point of letting him go (and also without any doubt make a rival of yours stronger)??Is he so much on the opposite side of David Blatt's game philosophy?Is he a bad character or what?Are there any clues in Israel for the reason behind Macvan's release??
    He's talented, even though he didn't prove himself yet in one of the top clubs. The simple explanation is that he doesn't fit Blatt system/vision/philosophy (call it what you want). That's good enough reason for me. After all, if you accept Blatt as your coach, accept his choices.
    11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

  18. #18
    Senior Member Idans10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    239
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goga78 View Post
    Solomon led Maccabi to the Final, being the best player on both ends of the court (remember how he has eaten Prigioni alive in the semifinal). Bynum led Maccabi to the Final, being the best player on both ends of the court. Farmar was toying with opponents last year. Only 2009/10 with Wisniewski and Perkins could be considered as a weaker year but Perkins exploded in the following season. Saras is more of a pure PG compared to all of them but he also got major help by wonderful players around him. That team had no weaknesses.
    I disagree. Solomon had the same amazing team Maccabi had minus Saras and he wasn't as near as good like Saras was in the offensive part. He was way more solist then Saras and less responsible, therefore he scored more points but also didn't had the assists as a first option in the offensive part. And to be honest, when you have Parker, Nico & Baston in the same starting lineup, you just need not to bother too much. When he was our best player in the final vs. CSKA when Parker & Nico weren't good, we lost the title. On the defensive part, he was way better then Saras, no question about that, but as a complete player Saras is 2-3 levels above Salomon and we also saw where went the career of these two. While Salomon pretty much lost his form first in Turkey & then the failure in Jerusalem, Saras was so close this year to take a 6 Euroleague title as a main player in Obradovic team at the age of 36. Simply amazing. Now don't get me wrong, Salomon is a great individual player, but not the kind who fits for Maccbai.

    as for Bynum, please please don't put him in the same sentence as Saras. Bynum is not a material for the European basketball. He has very law basketball intelligence and basically uses his massive body to penetrate to the basket, usually nothing good came from it. He was very limited in his shooting, very unstable, big mistake of Maccabi. Yes we got into the final again but don't give Bynum too much credit for that because in the same sentence I can tell you that we lost the title in Israel to Holon (they won us in a final four system but was the better team for the whole season). Bynum now finding his place in the Pistons, a basketball that is way more suit for him. As for Farmar, he was good, although not as good as you described him but anyway he played only 2 months so you really don't expect me to evaluate his contribution based on the group stage of the Euroleague. As for Perkins and Pargo, we had a great season with them although I was very pesimistic at the beginning of the season. But at the end, I don't know if we wouldn't celebrate the title if Perkins wouldn't got injuried.
    5 times European champion
    50 times domestic league champion
    40 times domestic cup holders
    4 times league cup holders
    1 time Adriatic league champion
    1 time intercontinental cup holders

  19. #19
    Senior Member iskoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,912
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idans10 View Post
    I disagree. Solomon had the same amazing team Maccabi had minus Saras and he wasn't as near as good like Saras was in the offensive part. He was way more solist then Saras and less responsible, therefore he scored more points but also didn't had the assists as a first option in the offensive part. And to be honest, when you have Parker, Nico & Baston in the same starting lineup, you just need not to bother too much. When he was our best player in the final vs. CSKA when Parker & Nico weren't good, we lost the title. On the defensive part, he was way better then Saras, no question about that, but as a complete player Saras is 2-3 levels above Salomon and we also saw where went the career of these two. While Salomon pretty much lost his form first in Turkey & then the failure in Jerusalem, Saras was so close this year to take a 6 Euroleague title as a main player in Obradovic team at the age of 36. Simply amazing. Now don't get me wrong, Salomon is a great individual player, but not the kind who fits for Maccbai.
    Solomon didn't lose his form in Turkey...
    He was our best player during 2 seasons, in one of them was the point leader and MVP of Top 16 and led such a limited team to QF...
    Then decided to go to the NBA but couldn't do there...

    When he returned, was probably mentally at the end, that's why couldn't find himself anymore.
    I think he didn't have motivation for basketball after the failure in NBA as decided to go there to prove himself...
    You know he has such a hard character...


    Willie "the King" Solomon was the best player in Euroleague in his prime "for me"...
    But his craziness was always a big handicap, for him and for his teams too...
    Republic of FENERBAHăE

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Idans10 View Post
    I disagree. Solomon had the same amazing team Maccabi had minus Saras and he wasn't as near as good like Saras was in the offensive part. He was way more solist then Saras and less responsible, therefore he scored more points but also didn't had the assists as a first option in the offensive part. And to be honest, when you have Parker, Nico & Baston in the same starting lineup, you just need not to bother too much. When he was our best player in the final vs. CSKA when Parker & Nico weren't good, we lost the title. On the defensive part, he was way better then Saras, no question about that, but as a complete player Saras is 2-3 levels above Salomon and we also saw where went the career of these two. While Salomon pretty much lost his form first in Turkey & then the failure in Jerusalem, Saras was so close this year to take a 6 Euroleague title as a main player in Obradovic team at the age of 36. Simply amazing. Now don't get me wrong, Salomon is a great individual player, but not the kind who fits for Maccbai.

    as for Bynum, please please don't put him in the same sentence as Saras. Bynum is not a material for the European basketball. He has very law basketball intelligence and basically uses his massive body to penetrate to the basket, usually nothing good came from it. He was very limited in his shooting, very unstable, big mistake of Maccabi. Yes we got into the final again but don't give Bynum too much credit for that because in the same sentence I can tell you that we lost the title in Israel to Holon (they won us in a final four system but was the better team for the whole season). Bynum now finding his place in the Pistons, a basketball that is way more suit for him. As for Farmar, he was good, although not as good as you described him but anyway he played only 2 months so you really don't expect me to evaluate his contribution based on the group stage of the Euroleague. As for Perkins and Pargo, we had a great season with them although I was very pesimistic at the beginning of the season. But at the end, I don't know if we wouldn't celebrate the title if Perkins wouldn't got injuried.
    Solomon is not a typical pass-first PG. He used to hold the ball too long and was looking to finish the attack by himself more often than Jasikevicius. Saras is a top-notch floor general anyway. But Solomon was Maccabi's best player in the Final Four. Parker was very mediocre in the final, while Vujcic has failed completely. Not Solomon's mistake. On the defensive end, there is nothing to compare. Solomon has perhaps been theb est defensive PG in the EL in that season. Baston has been a very dependant offensive player and he profited a lot from Saras. Again, Vujcic has failed completely in the final. Solomon was rescuing his team. Actually, everyone has failed in that game but Solomon. CSKA was playing better but the result has been very close at the end.

    Their careers took different directions because top-teams rather need playmakers and not top-scorers on the PG position. McCalebb is an exception here but it isn't like Siena has been playing for the title lately. Plus, there is the discipline issue, which Solomon is infamous for. If it hadn't been for stupid MTA fans and over-demanding media, Solomon would have stayed in Israel but he was tired of that comparisons to Saras everyday that have been very unfair to him.

    Bynum was acting stupidly often enough in his first season but made a very big leap in his second season. He became a better shooter, a better playmaker, was able to dictate the tempo of the game, was raising his playing level with every ongoing round. I don't need to compare him to Saras. Again, two different playing types. But he was the main reason, why this team was playing in the title game in 2007/08. I guess that proves, Maccabi has not done wrong by signing him. I remember those old discussions about him but they have been different in his two years in Tel-Aviv. Usually, his penetrations have been very effective and his 55% FG prove it. Why not giving Bynum credit? He was instrumental, the most important player on this squad. Remember that he came off the bench behind the total failure Vonteego Cummings? Yes, Maccabi has lost the title to Holon. So? Does it prove that Bynum was a bad player for Maccabi or that Holon had a very good team together that was able to concentrate more for the game and beat it by one point?

    Farmar had less problems in the beginning than Saras had in late 2003.

    To sum it up, Maccabi did very well in the PG department after Saras has left. Those were different kind of players but apart from one single season, they've had a different material to work with. Parker has left, Baston has left, Vujcic's playing level deteriorated. Burstein got injured, Sharp became older. The failures have usually been at the wing positions (2 and 3). There was no one to replace Parker and Burstein in top shape. Only Pargo did so but Parker dominated more.

    I know the nostalgy onf MTA fans for Saras because of the titles and his fancy passes. I feel the same. But it wasn't only Saras. It was a golden TEAM back then.
    burnstein

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •