Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2012/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idans10 View Post
    I don't like his game and I don't think he'll fit in. I think that if not Ohayon then maybe Rott can replace him. But I doubt about that also since Blatt & Shamir are good friends.
    BTW, it seems that Ohayon is F***ed up right now since Calathes was signed by Kuban as well, and with all do respect to Yogev, he'll have to battle with a better player like Calathes and most probably gonna be a substitute player. Now, he can apologize to Maccabi, and maybe Shimon Mizrahi will talk to the rest of the management in order to bring Yogev to the team (because our situation isn't that great) or he can receive a large cheque but remain with a small club who doesn't play in the EL and doesn't get an exposure like he got during his season with Maccabi.
    Ohayon's contract with MTA is still valid. Lakomotiv renounced his righte (quest) for Ohayon more than a week ago.
    Calathes is not better. Even face-to-face Yogev was much better in the playoff series. Calathes is very overrated and he got lucky to get a very high offer from Kuban. Their managers are simply incapable to signing the right players for the right money. Both are erratic shooters, Calathes is somewhat a better slasher (rather due to experience) and Ohayon is a better passer. Both play energetic defense.

However, I would be happy for Yogev to get 1.5 mio for two years in a good Russian team, playing in the Eurocup. He can't forego 1.5 mio in order to earn 400.000, MTA or not.
    burnstein

Comment

I accept that they are in the same level but I do think that the Russians will go for Calathes first (in case he is supposed to be their PG). as for Ohayon, I know that he still has a contract with us, but I'm far from being optimistic regarding his future in MTA for many reasons of what happened during this summer. Also, I respect his decision to prefer the money over the professional promotion but that's not the issue. The issue was that unlike Halperin, he never asked any of the management members to release from his contract and this is something that you cannot let it happen, especially when we talk about a player who was anonymous 2 years ago in Migdal Jerusalem.
      5 times European champion
      50 times domestic league champion
      40 times domestic cup holders
      4 times league cup holders
      1 time Adriatic league champion
      1 time intercontinental cup holders

Comment

I accept that they are in the same level but I do think that the Russians will go for Calathes first (in case he is supposed to be their PG). as for Ohayon, I know that he still has a contract with us, but I'm far from being optimistic regarding his future in MTA for many reasons of what happened during this summer. Also, I respect his decision to prefer the money over the professional promotion but that's not the issue. The issue was that unlike Halperin, he never asked any of the management members to release from his contract and this is something that you cannot let it happen, especially when we talk about a player who was anonymous 2 years ago in Migdal Jerusalem.
        MTA management, first of all, should pay attention to what they bring on paper. They made a mistake and only Maccabi's name in Europe prevented Ohayon from finally signing in Kuban. Ask 9 of 10 Maccabi fans and they will tell you, they bear no grudge against Ohayon. Rather against MTA owners (Federman), who want to spend a penny and gain a dollar, thus never being able to hold a player, despite neither being in debts nor having a minor budget in Europe. Ohayon's exposure in one of VTB's and Eurocup's strongest teams would not go unnoticed. On the contrary. Also, fact is that Kuban looked at Calathes, only when it was clear that Ohayon wasn't coming over.

Finally, as the Israeli NT is not going through its best times, I'm glad for every Israeli player who is getting a good contract with a good exposure.
        burnstein

Comment

I didn't "clean" Federman from any guilt but I think that the players that left us, don't worth the amount that other teams suggested to them. It's not the first, second or third case that maccabi lose players who received a much better offer abroad and eventually failed totally there without justify the money. I for example, don't think that Langford is worth 1 million a year. Maccbai offered him a 1.1 and he reffused. Do you honestly think that we should give him more money? For what? For disappeared in the money time and scoring 20 PTS a game in the domestic & Adriatic league? no thank you. Hendrix. Blatt did everything so that Maccabi won't kick his ass after the first year. Then he improved his game a lot during almost the whole season but once again chocked in the series vs. PAO and the end of the season wasn't good of him. Despite that, Maccabi's management was willing to increase his salary in a reasonable amount but he received almos X2 in Milano. do you think that you should pay him more? Is he a player who worth 1 million a year?? come on.

The only "mistake" which was made is with Ohayon. And you know what, I'm still not convinced. Ohayon has a valid contract and I guess that if his numbers were total failure last season, he wouldn't agree to cut off his salary, right? So I don't think that after one average season and one good series (5 games), Maccabi should automatically increase his salary. You are a youngster in one of Europe best teams ever. Proved yourself for another season and I promise you that Maccabi would improve his salary. Now I'm not blaming Ohayon for wanting more money abroad, I wold probably would do the same, but there is a way do to it. And beside, I don't see which player the management could keep in a reasonable amount and didn't do it.

Blu - decided to go to college
          Langford, Ohayon, Hendrix - left for a much better contract, none of them worth so much money
          Eliyahu - trying to make it to the NBA
          Sofo, Papa - I really like to see them continue at least Sofo, unfortunately the management released them (a slight chance for Sofo's retuen).

Comment

I didn't "clean" Federman from any guilt but I think that the players that left us, don't worth the amount that other teams suggested to them. It's not the first, second or third case that maccabi lose players who received a much better offer abroad and eventually failed totally there without justify the money. I for example, don't think that Langford is worth 1 million a year. Maccbai offered him a 1.1 and he reffused. Do you honestly think that we should give him more money? For what? For disappeared in the money time and scoring 20 PTS a game in the domestic & Adriatic league? no thank you. Hendrix. Blatt did everything so that Maccabi won't kick his ass after the first year. Then he improved his game a lot during almost the whole season but once again chocked in the series vs. PAO and the end of the season wasn't good of him. Despite that, Maccabi's management was willing to increase his salary in a reasonable amount but he received almos X2 in Milano. do you think that you should pay him more? Is he a player who worth 1 million a year?? come on.

The only "mistake" which was made is with Ohayon. And you know what, I'm still not convinced. Ohayon has a valid contract and I guess that if his numbers were total failure last season, he wouldn't agree to cut off his salary, right? So I don't think that after one average season and one good series (5 games), Maccabi should automatically increase his salary. You are a youngster in one of Europe best teams ever. Proved yourself for another season and I promise you that Maccabi would improve his salary. Now I'm not blaming Ohayon for wanting more money abroad, I wold probably would do the same, but there is a way do to it. And beside, I don't see which player the management could keep in a reasonable amount and didn't do it.

Blu - decided to go to college
            Langford, Ohayon, Hendrix - left for a much better contract, none of them worth so much money
            Eliyahu - trying to make it to the NBA
            Sofo, Papa - I really like to see them continue at least Sofo, unfortunately the management released them (a slight chance for Sofo's retuen).
            i'm 100% agree with u
            my only regret was loosing fischer and morris.
            they were really two key player and giving them something more, they could stay

Comment

ita easy to imaginen what will happen to ohayon:if mta will find il players even in other posotion, ohayon is fired(and i hope so)
              if mta will not find il players, they will find an agreement with ohayon

i deeply hope ohayon will be far fom mta forever

Comment

can somebody tell me why mta added roth asd israeli ? wasnt better adding israeli like tyus and halperin? i saw him plya just one time (mta-holon) and it seems to me he is really nothing.
                plus ,we added him for three ys , altough he is 30 y.o.
                cant understand

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                  can somebody tell me why mta added roth asd israeli ? wasnt better adding israeli like tyus and halperin? i saw him plya just one time (mta-holon) and it seems to me he is really nothing.
                  plus ,we added him for three ys , altough he is 30 y.o.
                  cant understand
                  Last season Roth was among the best Israeli PGs , so his signing isn't a surprise.
                  Despite all this I don't think he suits Maccabi, Moran resembles me Meir Tapiro : a kind of player that require a team to be build around him. To use him as some sort of role player ( as in Maccabi) is lose-lose situation for both player and a team.

Offensively Roth is as talented as Ohayon, but he's much less effective then Yogev on defensive end. Judging by the fact that Yogev bought his minutes under Blutt by his defense , I don't see Roth getting much playing time.

Moran is also a sort of player whose effectiveness depends on his mood, so not getting enough PT could lead to Hagag/Mekel situation.

Hopefully Moran will prove me wrong.

Comment

Billy, I'm pretty much agree with everything you said, I for example didn't wanted to see him in Maccabi but like you said, he was among Israel's best PG along with Naimy & Yogev. I don't think that his offensive skill are that good, he doesn't have stable shooting, just like Yogev, but I hope he'll work on it. His defence is weaker then Yogeev as you said and he'll need to work extra hard to earn his minutes.
                    Halperin still may come, although he needs to find a solution for his tax rate. As for Tyus, he's not a PG and already signed for Cantu.

Comment

Billy, I'm pretty much agree with everything you said, I for example didn't wanted to see him in Maccabi but like you said, he was among Israel's best PG along with Naimy & Yogev. I don't think that his offensive skill are that good, he doesn't have stable shooting, just like Yogev, but I hope he'll work on it. His defence is weaker then Yogeev as you said and he'll need to work extra hard to earn his minutes.
                      Halperin still may come, although he needs to find a solution for his tax rate. As for Tyus, he's not a PG and already signed for Cantu.
                      loosing halperin (to munich)it s a big loss for mta. it shows how many difficulties we actually have

Comment

I agree with you not because I'm a Halperin's fan (on the contrary) but we do not have to many good options in the Israeli market. We need to find another PG or SG (I prefer Perkins but nothing is closed) and it may say that Roth will most probably be the first sub for the PG position in the Euroleague with 0 experience The good news is that Yogev didn't have experience as well, the bad news is that in my opinion Roth is less good then Yogev.

Comment

loosing halperin (to munich)it s a big loss for mta. it shows how many difficulties we actually have
                          Every year the same BS with you. What kind of difficulties does Maccabi have? Should Halperin come back before 2013, he would have to pay additional tax as an Israeli who has worked less than five years abroad and then came back. As he has earned sth. around 3.75 mio EUR net (!) in four years abroad, it would be probably around 1 mio EUR in taxes he would have to pay. Should he lose so much money? No. Should Maccabi come up with such a sum (n addition to his actual salary in MTA, which would be no less than 600.000 EUR net)? No. So he chose some kind of secure option and went to a marquee name. Don't know why, as salaries in Germany are not gigantic but he should get somewhere around half a million, I guess.

Actually, it's a step backwards for Halperin, not for Maccabi. Haperin will be playing in a good league but without international exposure. Maybe, he has chosen Bayern as they will play just once a week and he has had enough of playing in three full-time leagues last season. I don't know.

I see no difficulties for Maccabi. It has signed some good players, it has lost some good ones. The ones it lost, commanded too high salaries. Actually, they were overvalued salary-wise. So, let other clubs be so stupid and waste their resources.

As of now, Rot, Landesberg, Pnini and Eliyahu as Israelis. Definitely not enough. Halperin would have been good but the team has to look in another direction now. Enough time to sign an Israeli player who could give decent minutes, at domestic level at least. The bad thing: Halperin will definitely be back in Israel either in 2013 or after the upcoming season, so either the fifth player or Rot should have a clause in their contracts to be released after the season.
                          burnstein

Comment

Reading at israeli mta's fans , roth is even co0nsidered weaker than ohayon!mammamia! What a choise by mta! Dramatic.

Comment

Reading at israeli mta's fans , roth is even co0nsidered weaker than ohayon!mammamia! What a choise by mta! Dramatic.
                              You yourself have never heard of Ohayon before thel ast season and have never heard of Roth before this season. Roth has more experience by leading a team than Ohayon. He is a better shooter but an erratic one. He is smaller and older than Ohayon. Yogev gave a very nice season last year. of course, he isn't worth 750.000 but the foreign interest in him shows that he brings value to the table. He was one of the best MTA players vs. PAO and the one PAO was never able to contain. We'll see how Roth fares. MTA needs Israeli players first and foremost for domestic purposes. I'm surprised, it didn't want to go for Limonad. Maybe Limonad didn't want to sit on the bench. He has foreign experience, EL experience, is taller, a more steady shooter. Every other guard is under contract somewhere. I really doubt, Roth could play a role in the EL similar to Ohayon's. But we'll see. No drama happened in mid-July, when the market is still open.
                              burnstein

Comment

So will Halperin definitely be able to return to Israel next year then? No more tax issues?

What exactly has happened with Ohayon? Is he definitely not going back to Maccabi?

The only real problem MTA have is the same as many clubs in Europe- that several Turkish and Russian clubs are richer at this moment. The shame is that most guys would really improve themselves as players at Maccabi- eg Langford and many others.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information