Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    You've got any link to this one?
    It's a bit late in the pre-season, but I am sure there are quite some teams willing to step in. Paying the money for it isn't all that likely though and considering ABA is without sponsor this would hurt them quite a bit.
    it's from Croatian forum, from man that does not throw bull..., He says it's info from some menager and that his info is quite credible.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

That'd really suck honestly... very late too.
      sigpic

Comment

hopefully they will kick the hungarians out so bosna can play...sarajevo must have a team in this...can anyone update me on their situation?
        and what happened to hemofarm?

Comment

I was looking to find out what's the story with Hungarians and It was only presure by Szolnoki on Hungariaqn federetion as they suposed to start playoff from last spot, whille they wannt first spot in play off.

They won't play first part of season and they should start play off with 3 points from last spot, whille they are asking for same treatment as winner of regular season to start their play off with 6 points
          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by OrgoglioSlavo View Post
            hopefully they will kick the hungarians out so bosna can play...sarajevo must have a team in this...can anyone update me on their situation?
            Hemofarm is a pharmaceutical company from Vršac that supported the club for the past decade or more, they were taken over by some foreign company that along with rationalisation cut the sponsoring money. This way they're renaming back to KK Vršac and their ambitions will decrease accordingly to their budget.

If Szolnok would fall out, the money would be the no.1 criteria for choosing the next team. As budgets are already rounden up, I can't see a team that could actualy step in instead of Szolnok.
            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

If Szolnok would fall out, the money would be the no.1 criteria for choosing the next team. As budgets are already rounden up, I can't see a team that could actualy step in instead of Szolnok.
              Vojvodina would certainly want to play, and they would pay for wild card 150k euros for sure (that was number last season), but i think Szolnok will not back down from ABA, they are already preparing, just dont know what is current situation with their federation when it comes to domestic league, as they negotiate their position in the playoffs.
              This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by OrgoglioSlavo View Post
                We (KK Bosna) have had some trouble signing some talents. But our youth team (KK SPARS Sarajevo) has the top three young talents aside from Nurkic, and we will probably make it soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Red Star complete roster with DeMarcus Nelson, so we can now say that this is the strongest roster that we have in the last 10 years, even more..

pg-Nelson Demarcus
                  sg-Rakocevic Igor
                  sf-Simonovic Marko
                  pf-Savovic Boris
                  c-Brown Elton
                  on bench:Almond, Radivojevic, Cvetkovic, Covic, Lazic, Milutinovic, Subotic, Mitrovic, Katic...

Comment

Nelson is solid player - big, strong, smart guard, very good defender. Still, i am surprised to see them sign him as a Starting Point Gurad. Last season was the first time that he played on that position in his career, he did solid job, but is not natural at it. At Duke, and in Italy, even first season in Cholet he played as SG/SF. Ideally you look for little more quickness in your PG than Nelson has. This is quality starting five, but not very athletic. Savovic and Brown are heavy legged combination, might suffer in defending pick and roll action.
                    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Still, this should be a helluva team, I don't remember a team spending as much in ABA so far.

Partizan won't be weak either, it may take a while for them, but they'll definately be a respectable team at the end of the season, Maljković went for few stars and a bit shorter bench (for my taste) but wil definately have a competitive team, Radnički, Krka, Olimpija, Cibona... this will definately be a good battle for both 13/14 euroleague spots.

Once again, even if I keep repeating myself, being able to qualify to euroleague motivate teams more than the 3 year licences benefit the other ones, hopefully Uleb would finally get that. It's not all that much to ask...
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

i'm not sure how cedevita bench is short. they still looking for starting pg and have only 2 players who havent proved at ABA level, buva and babic and bouth have potential to play aba level basketball

......, green
                        wright, bazdaric, car
                        (tomas), gelabale, babic
                        suput, buva
                        andric, bilan, suton

zadar added prostran and reportedly peric is close

ervin, delas, prostran, mikulic
                        vrbanc, olivari
                        peric? batur, ramljak m., sango
                        travis, ivanov, krasic
                        brkic, kastropil
                        cibona

carter, ware, i. tomas
                        kus, kovacevic
                        rozic, masic, marcinkovic
                        zubcic, jagodic-kuridza, arapovic
                        zizic, hamilton

might still add SG

split

subotic, katic, marinelli
                        mimica, kruslin, markulin, reinholt
                        saric?, dijan
                        sobin, vukusic, vukovic,
                        vujcic, kraljevic, najev
                        siroki

morovic, naletilic, bilinovac
                        sutalo
                        ramljak i., perisic, bosnjak
                        sakic, barac
                        planinic, rikic, novak

they might add one more player during season
                        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Still, this should be a helluva team, I don't remember a team spending as much in ABA so far.

Partizan won't be weak either, it may take a while for them, but they'll definately be a respectable team at the end of the season, Maljković went for few stars and a bit shorter bench (for my taste) but wil definately have a competitive team, Radnički, Krka, Olimpija, Cibona... this will definately be a good battle for both 13/14 euroleague spots.

Once again, even if I keep repeating myself, being able to qualify to euroleague motivate teams more than the 3 year licences benefit the other ones, hopefully Uleb would finally get that. It's not all that much to ask...
                          This Red Star team maybe looks expensive, but is not.. It`s around 2-2,5m..
                          With Pesic this team will easily be in top 2 in aba and at least f4 in ec, but what we can do...
                          If I supposed to decide, I'd rather keep Pesic and bring half of these players, but it seems that u cant have lamb and money at the same time...

Comment

I didn't mean short as if they'd have no players, yet more like it could be deeper, as there's from my perspective a big difference between the price of Tomas, Geleballe, Andrić, Wright and some of the bench players. Being not a particular fan of Šuput or Suton for that instance, while apart from Car (and of course Baždarić), I admit i'm not all that familiar with some other Croatian players and their level.

@AmonRA, I know they're not really that expensive in european comparisons, but for ABA this trend is something new.
                            What's up with the Delije boycott? I've heard one of the players asked them to come back to Pionir this season, but haven't anything about it since.

As the prices on the market are falling and some of the clubs from this area rising financialy, I love the fact quality players and basketball is slowely returning to it's home.
                            Players as Simonović, Savović, Rakočević, D.Lorbek, Tomas, Andrić coming back... I'd love that trend to continue further through longer period

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                              i'm not sure how cedevita bench is short. they still looking for starting pg and have only 2 players who havent proved at ABA level, buva and babic and bouth have potential to play aba level basketball

......, green
                              wright, bazdaric, car
                              (tomas), gelabale, babic
                              suput, buva
                              andric, bilan, suton

zadar added prostran and reportedly peric is close

ervin, delas, prostran, mikulic
                              vrbanc, olivari
                              peric? batur, ramljak m., sango
                              travis, ivanov, krasic
                              brkic, kastropil
                              cibona

carter, ware, i. tomas
                              kus, kovacevic
                              rozic, masic, marcinkovic
                              zubcic, jagodic-kuridza, arapovic
                              zizic, hamilton

might still add SG