Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NLB Adriatic League 2012/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
    It's surprising Siroki Brijeg have such a small budget considering their success in the league last season.
    their school of basketball + experienced PG with his career in downtrend (and after one season in Široki the PG usually becomes a hit on the market)..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

These are estimations. Krka's estimated budget was corrected by 50%, I wouldn't be surprised if same thing happened to Radnićki and Cedevita for example.
    As for Igokea... couldn't find some serious any serious articles about their budget round the internet, 800k could as well be true, but with 800k constantly (or even 100-200k less) they'd be far from getting beaten by Široki year after year (apart from obvious wonder-seasons as last one).

Krka got themselves a nice balanced team:
    PG: Vladović, Rojc (mostlkely on PG)
    SG: D. Lorbek, Klobučar, Kastrati
    SF: Murič, Pajič
    PF: Golemac, Lučić
    C: Pavič, Lalić, Bolčina

Vladović was doing great last year with Široki, D. Lorbek is returning after the injuries, yet hopefully should reach that ACB level back within a while, Murič is reportedly expected to get more responsibilities while they've got themselves some nice talents. Rojc (93 born, 198 cm, PG/SG) surprised last season with certanty in his game considering his age as well as decent defense, Pajič (92' 204cm, SF/PF) was one of the best players in Slovenian league, Kastrati (94' 198 cm, SG) got some trash minutes in euroleague with Olimpija, while Bolčina (94' 206 cm, C/PF) showed his talent vs. Maccabi yet obviously wasn't able to cope with Zmago Sagadin in Helios. If Klobučar would finaly be able to perform as he can, for the money they've spent this seems as a pretty decent team with noticable upside for the next 2-3 seasons. With the right circumstances they could challenge the top teams in ABA.

It should be an interesting season. I am glad we finaly got a Macedonian team in ABA after all those years, not expecting wonders from them immediately as they probably got some catching up to do. The core of Široki for example even if cheaper, still is used to playing at this particular level, while the newcoming teams will have to adapt to the level and that only comes with time. Same could be said for Szolnok, yet somehow I doubt they'll stay in the league for long, just as Maccabi or Nymburk didn't.

The way things look right now, I don't believe Croatia would be able to keep 4 teams in ABA for the next season, while Široki and Igokea will also have a tough time competing with Krka and Olimpija (unless Olimpija once again collapses sometime during the season and Krka underperforms as previous season)

To be honest, I'd prefer an 8 teams in a tournament (or two tournaments) right before the ABA starts, with Igokea, Split, Zagreb, Vojvodina, Radnički Beograd, Helios, 2nd Montenegro and 2nd Macedonian team participating for last 2 places in the league. This way ABA would get more competitive as the "last two" teams would in most cases also be the most competitive ones from the group of 8.
    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 08-25-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    These are estimations. Krka's estimated budget was corrected by 50%, I wouldn't be surprised if same thing happened to Radnićki and Cedevita for example.
    As for Igokea... couldn't find some serious any serious articles about their budget round the internet, 800k could as well be true, but with 800k constantly (or even 100-200k less) they'd be far from getting beaten by Široki year after year (apart from obvious wonder-seasons as last one).

Krka got themselves a nice balanced team:
    PG: Vladović, Rojc (mostlkely on PG)
    SG: D. Lorbek, Klobučar, Kastrati
    SF: Murič, Pajič
    PF: Golemac, Lučić
    C: Pavič, Lalić, Bolčina

Vladović was doing great last year with Široki, D. Lorbek is returning after the injuries, yet hopefully should reach that ACB level back within a while, Murič is reportedly expected to get more responsibilities while they've got themselves some nice talents. Rojc (93 born, 198 cm, PG/SG) surprised last season with certanty in his game considering his age as well as decent defense, Pajič (92' 204cm, SF/PF) was one of the best players in Slovenian league, Kastrati (94' 198 cm, SG) got some trash minutes in euroleague with Olimpija, while Bolčina (94' 206 cm, C/PF) showed his talent vs. Maccabi yet obviously wasn't able to cope with Zmago Sagadin in Helios. If Klobučar would finaly be able to perform as he can, for the money they've spent this seems as a pretty decent team with noticable upside for the next 2-3 seasons. With the right circumstances they could challenge the top teams in ABA.

It should be an interesting season. I am glad we finaly got a Macedonian team in ABA after all those years, not expecting wonders from them immediately as they probably got some catching up to do. The core of Široki for example even if cheaper, still is used to playing at this particular level, while the newcoming teams will have to adapt to the level and that only comes with time. Same could be said for Szolnok, yet somehow I doubt they'll stay in the league for long, just as Maccabi or Nymburk didn't.

The way things look right now, I don't believe Croatia would be able to keep 4 teams in ABA for the next season, while Široki and Igokea will also have a tough time competing with Krka and Olimpija (unless Olimpija once again collapses sometime during the season and Krka underperforms as previous season)

To be honest, I'd prefer an 8 teams in a tournament (or two tournaments) right before the ABA starts, with Igokea, Split, Zagreb, Vojvodina, Radnički Beograd, Helios, 2nd Montenegro and 2nd Macedonian team participating for last 2 places in the league. This way ABA would get more competitive as the "last two" teams would in most cases also be the most competitive ones from the group of 8.
    A qualification tournament before the season starts would be a good idea, like you said, competitiveness would increase, just like the quality of the league would too. But I would like to also see another change in the league... Maybe instead of a Final Four, there could be an Elite Eight (or whatever they would call it ). Basically, the top eight team frm the season (in a 14 team league, yes I know), and put them in the "Play-Offs." I think it was done before, so it is possible. It'd also give Bosnia, Montenegro, and Macedonia more interested in the league, because they would actually have a chance to accomplish something. I'm sure if they made a whole new play-off system like this, it'd draw bigger TV ratings, too.

Which brings me to another point. Bosnia needs to get BHT1 or Hayat or some big channel to broadcast these games. now, I will have to stream all the games (I root for Igokea in this league, KK Bosna in the Prvenstva). It really sucks I can't watch any games on TV, and now I might be able to watch all the time.
    [SIGPIC]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419WJmXXpOL.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Iokea's began with a nice preseason. They beat Partizan 85-79, and they beat Gaz Metan Medias (from Romania) 88-76. A 2-0 preseason up to this point, not bad at all.

KK Rabotnicki has serious plans and hopes for an wild card next season. They got quite a lot of money this summer from the city Skopje.

MZT budget is wrong, get back with real information later.
    FAMILY AERODROM

http://www.kurir.mk/sport/kosarka/83...vski-ke-zbesne

fight in MTZ prep game. best part, fan in left corner shooting ball during fight. ha,ha, ha
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

I was there yesterday. This is only a small part of the fight. Ukranians did ask for it. Especially the ... spit on our players not only onece. They should be happy we let them escape alive.

MZT budget is 1.300.000 euros. 700.000 euros from the city, 300.000 euros from NLB Bank, 300.000 euros from T-Mobile. We have more sponsors, as exampel Seat Auto but they give no money just gifts to our players new cars.

About 800.000 euros player sallery, 150.000 euros wild card. The rest 350.000 for preperations and youthe basketball.

KK Rabotnicki received 700.000 euros as well from the city this summer. As a matter of fact Rabotnicki received wild card 2007/2008 but problems just before the start, something with the sponsor.

I would like to see Rabotnicki as soon as possible in ABA they have money now. Familija Aerodrom and City Park Boys we allways have good fights we will misss them.

You know which part I've edited, please restrain yourself from using such phrases in the future as they're not apreciated on this forum.
    regards
    JPF
    Last edited by MZT Skopje; 09-01-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    FAMILY AERODROM

okej.
    Last edited by MZT Skopje; 09-01-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    FAMILY AERODROM

some rumours say Szolnoki Olaj will give up from competition????
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    some rumours say Szolnoki Olaj will give up from competition????
    You've got any link to this one?
    It's a bit late in the pre-season, but I am sure there are quite some teams willing to step in. Paying the money for it isn't all that likely though and considering ABA is without sponsor this would hurt them quite a bit.

You've got any link to this one?
    It's a bit late in the pre-season, but I am sure there are quite some teams willing to step in. Paying the money for it isn't all that likely though and considering ABA is without sponsor this would hurt them quite a bit.
    it's from Croatian forum, from man that does not throw bull..., He says it's info from some menager and that his info is quite credible.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

That'd really suck honestly... very late too.

hopefully they will kick the hungarians out so bosna can play...sarajevo must have a team in this...can anyone update me on their situation?
    and what happened to hemofarm?

I was looking to find out what's the story with Hungarians and It was only presure by Szolnoki on Hungariaqn federetion as they suposed to start playoff from last spot, whille they wannt first spot in play off.

They won't play first part of season and they should start play off with 3 points from last spot, whille they are asking for same treatment as winner of regular season to start their play off with 6 points
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by OrgoglioSlavo View Post
    hopefully they will kick the hungarians out so bosna can play...sarajevo must have a team in this...can anyone update me on their situation?
    Hemofarm is a pharmaceutical company from Vršac that supported the club for the past decade or more, they were taken over by some foreign company that along with rationalisation cut the sponsoring money. This way they're renaming back to KK Vršac and their ambitions will decrease accordingly to their budget.

If Szolnok would fall out, the money would be the no.1 criteria for choosing the next team. As budgets are already rounden up, I can't see a team that could actualy step in instead of Szolnok.

If Szolnok would fall out, the money would be the no.1 criteria for choosing the next team. As budgets are already rounden up, I can't see a team that could actualy step in instead of Szolnok.
    Vojvodina would certainly want to play, and they would pay for wild card 150k euros for sure (that was number last season), but i think Szolnok will not back down from ABA, they are already preparing, just dont know what is current situation with their federation when it comes to domestic league, as they negotiate their position in the playoffs.
    This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by OrgoglioSlavo View Post
    We (KK Bosna) have had some trouble signing some talents. But our youth team (KK SPARS Sarajevo) has the top three young talents aside from Nurkic, and we will probably make it soon.

Red Star complete roster with DeMarcus Nelson, so we can now say that this is the strongest roster that we have in the last 10 years, even more..

pg-Nelson Demarcus
    sg-Rakocevic Igor
    sf-Simonovic Marko
    pf-Savovic Boris
    c-Brown Elton
    on bench:Almond, Radivojevic, Cvetkovic, Covic, Lazic, Milutinovic, Subotic, Mitrovic, Katic...

Nelson is solid player - big, strong, smart guard, very good defender. Still, i am surprised to see them sign him as a Starting Point Gurad. Last season was the first time that he played on that position in his career, he did solid job, but is not natural at it. At Duke, and in Italy, even first season in Cholet he played as SG/SF. Ideally you look for little more quickness in your PG than Nelson has. This is quality starting five, but not very athletic. Savovic and Brown are heavy legged combination, might suffer in defending pick and roll action.
    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Still, this should be a helluva team, I don't remember a team spending as much in ABA so far.

Partizan won't be weak either, it may take a while for them, but they'll definately be a respectable team at the end of the season, Maljković went for few stars and a bit shorter bench (for my taste) but wil definately have a competitive team, Radnički, Krka, Olimpija, Cibona... this will definately be a good battle for both 13/14 euroleague spots.

Once again, even if I keep repeating myself, being able to qualify to euroleague motivate teams more than the 3 year licences benefit the other ones, hopefully Uleb would finally get that. It's not all that much to ask...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast