No announcement yet.

NLB Adriatic League 2012/2013.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zadar signed Jozo Brkic...hope he learnd some basketball besides dunking...if he did he will do great in ABA

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

So when does the league kick off again? And what channels have the rights to the NBL League in Bosnia, if anyone knows?
      sigpic

Comment

Split add vedran Vukusic.

They are in negotiations with Cedevita for Luka Babic. Besides some cash they also might get Filip Kraljevic, young center. Rest of team stays same

Subotic, Katic (Marinelli)
        Mimica, Markulin, Reinholt
        Dijan
        Sobin, Vukusic, Vukovic (Matic)
        Vujcic, Najev, Kraljevic?
        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Adriatic League budgets
          http://www.bballheadlines.com/adriatic-league-budgets/
          This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

It's surprising Siroki Brijeg have such a small budget considering their success in the league last season.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
              It's surprising Siroki Brijeg have such a small budget considering their success in the league last season.
              their school of basketball + experienced PG with his career in downtrend (and after one season in Široki the PG usually becomes a hit on the market)..
              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

These are estimations. Krka's estimated budget was corrected by 50%, I wouldn't be surprised if same thing happened to Radnićki and Cedevita for example.
                As for Igokea... couldn't find some serious any serious articles about their budget round the internet, 800k could as well be true, but with 800k constantly (or even 100-200k less) they'd be far from getting beaten by Široki year after year (apart from obvious wonder-seasons as last one).

Krka got themselves a nice balanced team:
                PG: Vladović, Rojc (mostlkely on PG)
                SG: D. Lorbek, Klobučar, Kastrati
                SF: Murič, Pajič
                PF: Golemac, Lučić
                C: Pavič, Lalić, Bolčina

Vladović was doing great last year with Široki, D. Lorbek is returning after the injuries, yet hopefully should reach that ACB level back within a while, Murič is reportedly expected to get more responsibilities while they've got themselves some nice talents. Rojc (93 born, 198 cm, PG/SG) surprised last season with certanty in his game considering his age as well as decent defense, Pajič (92' 204cm, SF/PF) was one of the best players in Slovenian league, Kastrati (94' 198 cm, SG) got some trash minutes in euroleague with Olimpija, while Bolčina (94' 206 cm, C/PF) showed his talent vs. Maccabi yet obviously wasn't able to cope with Zmago Sagadin in Helios. If Klobučar would finaly be able to perform as he can, for the money they've spent this seems as a pretty decent team with noticable upside for the next 2-3 seasons. With the right circumstances they could challenge the top teams in ABA.

It should be an interesting season. I am glad we finaly got a Macedonian team in ABA after all those years, not expecting wonders from them immediately as they probably got some catching up to do. The core of Široki for example even if cheaper, still is used to playing at this particular level, while the newcoming teams will have to adapt to the level and that only comes with time. Same could be said for Szolnok, yet somehow I doubt they'll stay in the league for long, just as Maccabi or Nymburk didn't.

The way things look right now, I don't believe Croatia would be able to keep 4 teams in ABA for the next season, while Široki and Igokea will also have a tough time competing with Krka and Olimpija (unless Olimpija once again collapses sometime during the season and Krka underperforms as previous season)

To be honest, I'd prefer an 8 teams in a tournament (or two tournaments) right before the ABA starts, with Igokea, Split, Zagreb, Vojvodina, Radnički Beograd, Helios, 2nd Montenegro and 2nd Macedonian team participating for last 2 places in the league. This way ABA would get more competitive as the "last two" teams would in most cases also be the most competitive ones from the group of 8.
                Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 08-25-2012, 11:58 AM.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                  These are estimations. Krka's estimated budget was corrected by 50%, I wouldn't be surprised if same thing happened to Radnićki and Cedevita for example.
                  As for Igokea... couldn't find some serious any serious articles about their budget round the internet, 800k could as well be true, but with 800k constantly (or even 100-200k less) they'd be far from getting beaten by Široki year after year (apart from obvious wonder-seasons as last one).

Krka got themselves a nice balanced team:
                  PG: Vladović, Rojc (mostlkely on PG)
                  SG: D. Lorbek, Klobučar, Kastrati
                  SF: Murič, Pajič
                  PF: Golemac, Lučić
                  C: Pavič, Lalić, Bolčina

Vladović was doing great last year with Široki, D. Lorbek is returning after the injuries, yet hopefully should reach that ACB level back within a while, Murič is reportedly expected to get more responsibilities while they've got themselves some nice talents. Rojc (93 born, 198 cm, PG/SG) surprised last season with certanty in his game considering his age as well as decent defense, Pajič (92' 204cm, SF/PF) was one of the best players in Slovenian league, Kastrati (94' 198 cm, SG) got some trash minutes in euroleague with Olimpija, while Bolčina (94' 206 cm, C/PF) showed his talent vs. Maccabi yet obviously wasn't able to cope with Zmago Sagadin in Helios. If Klobučar would finaly be able to perform as he can, for the money they've spent this seems as a pretty decent team with noticable upside for the next 2-3 seasons. With the right circumstances they could challenge the top teams in ABA.

It should be an interesting season. I am glad we finaly got a Macedonian team in ABA after all those years, not expecting wonders from them immediately as they probably got some catching up to do. The core of Široki for example even if cheaper, still is used to playing at this particular level, while the newcoming teams will have to adapt to the level and that only comes with time. Same could be said for Szolnok, yet somehow I doubt they'll stay in the league for long, just as Maccabi or Nymburk didn't.

The way things look right now, I don't believe Croatia would be able to keep 4 teams in ABA for the next season, while Široki and Igokea will also have a tough time competing with Krka and Olimpija (unless Olimpija once again collapses sometime during the season and Krka underperforms as previous season)

To be honest, I'd prefer an 8 teams in a tournament (or two tournaments) right before the ABA starts, with Igokea, Split, Zagreb, Vojvodina, Radnički Beograd, Helios, 2nd Montenegro and 2nd Macedonian team participating for last 2 places in the league. This way ABA would get more competitive as the "last two" teams would in most cases also be the most competitive ones from the group of 8.
                  A qualification tournament before the season starts would be a good idea, like you said, competitiveness would increase, just like the quality of the league would too. But I would like to also see another change in the league... Maybe instead of a Final Four, there could be an Elite Eight (or whatever they would call it ). Basically, the top eight team frm the season (in a 14 team league, yes I know), and put them in the "Play-Offs." I think it was done before, so it is possible. It'd also give Bosnia, Montenegro, and Macedonia more interested in the league, because they would actually have a chance to accomplish something. I'm sure if they made a whole new play-off system like this, it'd draw bigger TV ratings, too.

Which brings me to another point. Bosnia needs to get BHT1 or Hayat or some big channel to broadcast these games. now, I will have to stream all the games (I root for Igokea in this league, KK Bosna in the Prvenstva). It really sucks I can't watch any games on TV, and now I might be able to watch all the time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Iokea's began with a nice preseason. They beat Partizan 85-79, and they beat Gaz Metan Medias (from Romania) 88-76. A 2-0 preseason up to this point, not bad at all.
                    sigpic

Comment

KK Rabotnicki has serious plans and hopes for an wild card next season. They got quite a lot of money this summer from the city Skopje.

MZT budget is wrong, get back with real information later.
                      FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

fight in MTZ prep game. best part, fan in left corner shooting ball during fight. ha,ha, ha
                        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

I was there yesterday. This is only a small part of the fight. Ukranians did ask for it. Especially the ... spit on our players not only onece. They should be happy we let them escape alive.

MZT budget is 1.300.000 euros. 700.000 euros from the city, 300.000 euros from NLB Bank, 300.000 euros from T-Mobile. We have more sponsors, as exampel Seat Auto but they give no money just gifts to our players new cars.

About 800.000 euros player sallery, 150.000 euros wild card. The rest 350.000 for preperations and youthe basketball.

KK Rabotnicki received 700.000 euros as well from the city this summer. As a matter of fact Rabotnicki received wild card 2007/2008 but problems just before the start, something with the sponsor.

I would like to see Rabotnicki as soon as possible in ABA they have money now. Familija Aerodrom and City Park Boys we allways have good fights we will misss them.

You know which part I've edited, please restrain yourself from using such phrases in the future as they're not apreciated on this forum.
                          regards
                          JPF
                          Last edited by MZT Skopje; 09-01-2012, 08:28 PM.
                          FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

okej.
                            Last edited by MZT Skopje; 09-01-2012, 09:01 PM.
                            FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

some rumours say Szolnoki Olaj will give up from competition????
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                                some rumours say Szolnoki Olaj will give up from competition????
                                You've got any link to this one?
                                It's a bit late in the pre-season, but I am sure there are quite some teams willing to step in. Paying the money for it isn't all that likely though and considering ABA is without sponsor this would hurt them quite a bit.
                                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information