Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLB Adriatic League 2012/2013.

All 14 teams for next season are known now:

Croatia: Cibona, Cedevita, Split, Zadar (WC)
    Serbia: Partizan, Zvezda, Radnicki
    B&H: Siroki, Igokea (WC)
    Slovenia: Krka, Olimpija
    Montenegro: Buducnost (WC)
    Macedonia: MTZ (WC)
    Hungary: Szolnok (WC)
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

When will we know the programe. I hope we will play agianst some weaker teams at the start so we can creat some euphoria. I think that MZT has best fans in ABA.
    Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford
    Macedonia (I refuse to call it FYROM, Article 19, Human Rights)

Comment

I am very glad to see Igokea finally got in, they fully deserved it. Široki Brijeg did deserve their spot, too. The top two Bosnian basketball clubs at the moment, without a doubt.
      sigpic

Comment

Im interested if anyone know which first two teams will get Euroleague spot, first two in regular season or finalists at final four, or maybe winner of ABA and winner of regular season, since we have this new sysem from this season?
        This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Carick235 View Post
          Im interested if anyone know which first two teams will get Euroleague spot, first two in regular season or finalists at final four, or maybe winner of ABA and winner of regular season, since we have this new sysem from this season?
          winner and best from regular season probably

i expect lo of fixed results and games
          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

I can imagine Olimpija vs. Srđan Dožai getting to a whole new level
            It'll be damn controversial since everyone that will miss the euroleague will have a lot to say about refereeing, rightfully or not can be a different subject, but clearly both ways judging from the way refereeing went on so far. So far refereeing was more or less tolerated, now as the league will have a substantial meaning, tempers will get hot - not exactly a good thing.

We can prepare for either Serbian, Croatian or Slovenian dissapointment, "everybody but us" will again be blamed all over. Bodućnost, one of Bosnian or Macedonian clubs getting an euroleague ambitions and not fullfilling it, will just add some additional controversy up.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if at one point the league might as well end (if not completely at least in the form as we know it) because of those issues, I don't think Uleb realises all that. Lorbek and Lisac will sweat, that's for certain...
            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

In any case it will be very interesting, especially if some of regular Euroleague teams fall short.
              This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

Schedule for upcoming season:

http://www.adriaticbasket.info/forms...BA-2012-13.pdf

Comment

Cibona : MZT (first game)
                  MZT : Siroki (first home game)

Will be a great spectacle in Skopje in the opening game in front of 8.000 fans. MZT owners will give family aerodrom 10.000 euros to organize the best konfeti ever seen in ABA.
                  FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Originally posted by Carick235 View Post
                    Looking at that schedule, I guarantee that at least one of our clubs will head into Gameday 2 undefeated.
                    sigpic

Comment

KK Igokea's arena (Sport Hall Laktasi) --

1301481311.jpg

It can hold up to 4,000 spectators.

And Siroki Brijeg's arena, Sport Hall Pecara --

250px-Pecara_basketball_09198.JPG

4,500 is the capacity.
                      sigpic

Comment

Vedran Morovic and Marko Sutalo to Siroki. Jaka Klobucar in Krka
                        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Kastrati (Olimpija's junior cathegories) signed with Krka and Mark Worthington with Radnički.

Zvezda got some really nice signings, they might finaly prevail in the derby after more than a decade.

Olimpija's 1st team budget is supposedly 1 million only, due to paying off some of the players from 2 seasons ago. They're still discussing on keeping Thompson, which is definately worth of his money, yet a bit expensive in those circumstances, while rumours are the club is trying to negotiate a prolongued contract with Salin that obviously likes it here. It'll be hard to get some extra competitive team with that budget.

Krka lost Balažic (somehwere in Turkey) and mostlikely Zoran Dragič, other than that at least they're financialy stable unlike Olimpija so my guess is that their budget might as well increase with Zoran's departure, due to buyout.

At this moment with some pretty decent players coming back to ABA it kind of seems last year was more or less a fluke and the league would again be stronger. What the general situation with Croatian clubs?
                          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Not much known. All teams have only few players under contract. I guess only thing sure is Cedevita will have bigest buget in league, Split probably smallest
                            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Olimpija signed Rannikko, Waters, Bubnić and Baynes in case Thompson stays and 4 U20 youngsters get signed roster should look something like this

PG: Waters, Rannikko, Rupnik
                              SG: Salin, Prepelič
                              SF: Murič, Blažič
                              PF: Thompson, Pajič, Bubnić
                              C: Baynes, Omić

Should be a top5-7 team in ABA, which is great considering the budget for the 1st team decreased to around 1 million only, with all depending on the level the youngsters will be performing. In case Salin and Blažič continue with their progress from previous season, Murič shows a little more consistency as well as Prepelič and Omić making a good transition to higher level, this team has a pretty decent upside. In 2013/14 they should be rocking, allthough considering the recent history of the club, let's leave that thought aside for a while

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information