The Class of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    I did single out handles but let's drop that. Last time I saw Malik play was on the internet stream with Team USA U17 against Australia in the finals. Good game from him.

How would you assess his growth from 2012?
    It's just a pet peeve of mine to see players compared to players who played in tougher conditions than they did, like when I saw Julius Randle compared to Jamal Mashburn (a New York public league legend) last year, or Marcus Lee compared to Sheed (who grew up in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the country).

I don't usually pay attention to high school players until they become college freshmen or are about to, and personally I don't think it's right for kids to be scrutinized like that before they're at least juniors in high school but that's a different opinion for a different topic. I've just started to watch mixtapes of the Class of 2015 and I have to say I'm impressed. This class looks to be much stronger than 2014.

I just watched his mixtape. He's definitely impressive but he doesn't remind me of Tyreke. He kind of reminds me of James Bell from Villanova as far as his pure talent and ability goes. He's shorter, is a much more polished and advanced player and a better shooter but when Bell came in as a freshmen he had the same ability and talent where you knew he could just go off at any minute but he was maddeningly inconsistent. This kid is going to struggle to get a look from the NBA because of his size, unless he can play some point, but the fact that he's so long definitely helps. I bet he gets drafted high as a sophomore or a junior like a Gary Harris or Elfrid Payton type.
    Last edited by CHBB; 08-30-2014, 04:07 AM.

Comment

#4 prospect Henry Ellenson verbally committed to Marquette.

Ellenson also played with team USA at the U17 WC.

Comment

Kentucky moves up the recruitment rankings when Isaiah Briscoe and Skal Labissiere have announced their commitments to the Wildcats.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
          Kentucky moves up the recruitment rankings when Isaiah Briscoe and Skal Labissiere have announced their commitments to the Wildcats.
          UK is now ranked #1 recruiting team by ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
            #4 prospect Henry Ellenson verbally committed to Marquette.

Ellenson also played with team USA at the U17 WC.
            That's a huge get for Marquette! Big East schools usually don't get the biggest recruits outside of the former Big East schools now in the ACC (Syracuse, Louisville, even Pitt to an extent).

Comment

Archbishop Carroll's Derrick Jones (ESPNU #22) has committed to UNLV. Let me tell you, I bet our local Big 5 schools (Villanova, St Joe's, Temple) are pissed they didn't get him seeing as he's the best recruit out of this area this year. I don't watch high school basketball so I couldn't tell you how good he is but he's from Philly so you know he can ball. Seems skinny though, and the Catholic League is not on the level of the public league in Philadelphia, not even close really. There are some really good teams though (Neumann-Goretti, Roman, St. Joe's Prep, at times Bonner) and the other schools are improving as more ballers who would've played in Philly move or go to Catholic school. Still, it's not anywhere near elite competition so it's not like the kid is coming out of one of the gauntlet type of East Coast public leagues.

This kid should be one to watch though. Being the best player to come out of the Philly metro is a big deal. As long as he doesn't let his cockiness or an attitude get the best of him (watch the clip of him committing and you'll see what I mean), he'll probably be a player to watch this year for sure.

Comment

Ben Simmons, top 2015-Class recruit and LSU-bound, had 22 pts, 10 reb amd 10 ast in Montverde Academy win over Bishop O'Dowd, 78-64.
                In the top-10 clash, O'Dowd's Ivan Rabb was credited with 22 pts and 9 reb, despite playing in foul trouble.

Comment

City of Palms Classic is running at Fort Myers, Fla.
                  Some of the top 2015 (and beyond) recruits are attending and they didn't disappoint.

Day1 summary here.

Comment

UNLV commit sf Derrick Jones won the City of Palms 2014 dunk contest.

Comment

Led by sr Jaylen Brown's 25 pts and 12 reb, Wheeler upset Montverde 72-65 for the City of Palms title. Montverde's winning streak ended after a 44-game winning streak. 2015-class #1 Ben Simmons topped all scorers with 28 pts.

Comment

Florida State signee sf Dwayne Bacon won MVP honors after leading Oak Hill Academy to the Bass Pros Shop Tournament title with 33 pts.
                        Several top ranked players from various classes participated in the tournament, among them Ivan Rabb piled up 31 pts and 15 reb for Bishop O'Dowd, while jr Malik Monk and soph LiAngelo Ball scored 50 and 41 in a consolation game.

MaxPreps News - Florida State signee makes MVP voting easy in Springfield as Oak Hill Academy captures title; Malik Monk and the Ball brothers of Chino Hills engage in epic consolation shootout.

Comment

Luke Kennard, a Duke signee and #23 in ESPN rankings, passed LeBron James overall scoring record of Ohio, moving to 4th place of State's HS scoring record.

Comment

Naismith Trophy Five finalists announced.

Comment

Naismith Trophy All-American full list here.

Interesting the rise of FSU signee Dwayne Bacon to the top, he was ranked around #40 before the season started.

Comment

Ben Simmons named Morgan Wootten PoY.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information