2012-13 Israeli BSL season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EricSobelman View Post
    ok that makes sense thank you. So you are saying the list of teams for super league, national league, and artizit league do not come out until september? when does the season start?
    For the national league and artsit league that's basically it, chaos til the last minute of signing and transfer deadline. For instance Meggido who after gaining promotion to the suerleague were almost demoted to artsit two seasons ago with no funds to support the minimum budget for national league were saved by maccabi tel aviv who made them a farm team. They signed 7 new players on the last day of transactions (late September) and ended the season one shot away from the playoff finals.
    The Superleague is obviously closed with the known 12 teams and is scheduled to start on October 14th. As for the other two leagues I don't have an accurate date, but last season both leagues started at around the same time of early-mid October.

Comment

I would like to see better defense in particular in the post and one-on-one. To much perimeter play and swinging the ball around the 3-point line and not enough one-on-one stuff. The league could be much better.
      Greggie Oden

Comment

Guy went berzerk

Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Just couple of questions.

How come Tony Younger from Hapoel Eilat have an Israeli citizenship? Is he married to an Israeli?
          What about Corry Carr from Maccabi Haifa, is he married to an Israeli?
          Is Chanan Colman from Maccabi Haifa, Jewish?
          And is Shawn James planning to get Israeli citizenship after playing for five years in Israel plus his kids was born in Israel?

How come there is no teams in Israel interested in Tom Maayan? Heard he is a great player.

Would love to see Shawn James and Alex Tyus in the NT along with Sylven Landesberg.

Thanks

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
          Intercontinental Cup - 1980
          Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
            Just couple of questions.

What about Corry Carr from Maccabi Haifa, is he married to an Israeli?
            yes

Is Chanan Colman from Maccabi Haifa, Jewish?
            yes

And is Shawn James planning to get Israeli citizenship after playing for five years in Israel plus his kids was born in Israel?
            It is even a question, whether he is going to continue for Maccabi. Since he is in the country for such a long period of time, his employer will have to pay higher taxes for him. H won't be a cheap investment anymore.

Would love to see Shawn James and Alex Tyus in the NT along with Sylven Landesberg.
            Why not Jordan Farmar and Amare Stoudemire?

The reality is that just one of those guys can play for Israel as a naturalized player. The question is, whether Jake Cohen will be counted as a naturalized player. He has suited up for the Israeli U20 NT but if he didn#t hold an Israeli passport before the age of 16, he will fall into the same category as the rest. Only one of them can play at the same time.
            burnstein

Comment

Maccabi lost the title to Haifa, BTW.
              Till next time.

Comment

Even tho I'm a fan of MTA but I'm happy about this cause I'd like to see different teams o win titles, not just mta all the time.

So does that means mha going to qualify rounds in euroleague?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Comment

No. The league doesnt have a high enough ranking to obtain B licence.

Comment

Even tho I'm a fan of MTA but I'm happy about this cause I'd like to see different teams o win titles, not just mta all the time.

Absolutely. While supporting Maccabi on international level, I'm always going with the underdogs in the domestic competition.

Congratulations to Haifa and especially Gal Mekel, who has probably risen to a new level now. A very strong season for him being crowned by a title game with 21 pts. and 7 ast and a victory!
                    burnstein

Comment

^^ +1

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Comment

Originally posted by goga78 View Post
                        Absolutely. While supporting Maccabi on international level, I'm always going with the underdogs in the domestic competition.

Congratulations to Haifa and especially Gal Mekel, who has probably risen to a new level now. A very strong season for him being crowned by a title game with 21 pts. and 7 ast and a victory!
                        i didnt see mekel in last year. i just knwo since one year ago he was one of most ridicolous player i ve ever seen in europe. its hard for me to believe he is now a so great player but i have to believe u

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information